Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:16:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 6969 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2022, 04:53:23 pm »

I'm just going to throw this out there. I like the guy but if they hire Vance Joseph it has a lot to do with the color of his skin. Joseph was barely a coordinator when he went to Denver and did nothing while there.
We'll know that the NFL has truly achieved equality when minority coaches can fail upward as often as white coaches like Doug Marrone, Jim Tomsula, Dan Campbell, and Chuck Pagano.  Cheesy

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2022, 05:02:26 pm »

We'll know that the NFL has truly achieved equality when minority coaches can fail upward as often as white coaches like Doug Marrone, Jim Tomsula, Dan Campbell, and Chuck Pagano.  Cheesy

Leave our boy Dan Campbell alone. Everybody loves him and his enthusiasm for cocaine.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2022, 05:06:02 pm »

25 coaches who were successful in their second chance….only one isn’t white

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:22:13 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2022, 01:00:52 pm »

Josh McDaniels:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1481348935784583170
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:10:29 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2022, 01:39:35 pm »

Thomas Brown

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2022, 03:09:10 pm »

Eric Bieniemy is the current favorite to be our next HC tied with Josh McDaniel. He is another coordinator that doesn't seem to call his own plays so I am skeptical.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2022, 04:03:12 pm »

Eric Bieniemy is the current favorite to be our next HC tied with Josh McDaniel. He is another coordinator that doesn't seem to call his own plays so I am skeptical.

Firing Flores to replace him with Josh M. is fucking nuts.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2022, 04:32:34 pm »

Firing Flores to replace him with Josh M. is fucking nuts.

Whoever the new coach is, if he comes in like a hardass he will lose the locker room on Day 1 as they will all go "here we go again with this shit".
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2022, 04:56:43 pm »

With Bieniemy you get the KC offensive architecture, which is huge.  Nobody is a guarantee to be a great HC obviously, but acquiring some key ingredient that's been strongly associated with winning for a great team at least increases the probability of it.  Obviously Mahomes and company are big pieces of that puzzle as well, but Andy Reid's offense gets players open in the passing game.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2022, 04:58:13 pm »

In the same way Flores was afraid to bring in experinced coaches for the offense it sure seems like Chris Grier is looking for a coach that will come in without any experince. We've tried that many times with the same result. Crazy thought ... try something else. The best results we have had have been under already established coaches like Shula and Johnson. Neither of which woud have cowered to Grier either.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2022, 06:39:34 pm »

So there's some news from LeBatard's show claiming that the gears are in motion to bring Harbaugh to Miami.

In a nutshell: Ross was very deliberate when he said he "would not be the one to take Harbaugh from Michigan."  So the plan is for Harbaugh to resign, interview with a few NFL teams, then come to Miami.

I have two problems with this theory.

First, from the Harbaugh side: if he is so excited to work for Ross - excited enough to quit his current job at his alma mater - why'd he spurn the Dolphins back in 2011 to go work for the 49ers?  Is it just that he was already in the Bay Area because he was coaching at Stanford?  (I'll also concede that maybe working with a spoiled brat owner like Jed York gave him some new perspective on the importance of supportive ownership.)

Second, from the Ross side: it seems like Ross truly does care more about Michigan than the Dolphins.  But even if he does truly care about them equally, it's counterproductive to take your dream coach from one of your beloved teams and move him to the other, because now you have to backfill Harbaugh at Michigan.  It simply doesn't make sense.

Nevertheless, it's food for thought.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2022, 07:31:54 pm »

^^^

I do think there is something there. From Harbaugh's POV, the guy was forced to take a paycut or be fired and he responded with his best season. Don't think that wasn't a screw you and weighing on his mind. Why would he sign a big money extension to a school he just took a paycut from?

Ross does want Harbaugh and this could be his last shot to get him. It just makes too much sense for both parties, only think standing in the way is how will Grier work with Harbagh and will Jim accept a job where he isn't the GM? Will Grier move onto a "Presidential" role while Harbaugh is GM as well?

It remains the best option for us, he has a great NFL and College resume. Maybe in 4 years time we will be cursing his name but I think we would have big success with him before that time came.

Tick tock, though.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2022, 04:20:15 pm »

Dan Quinn looks very likely to be hired by the Broncos and the Texans job is probably going to Flores. So, 2 openings look to be gone and 1 of our candidates even though I don't think anyone wanted Quinn anyway.

Could create a buyer's market for us if another job goes to one of the lesser assistants. Rumor is that the Cowboys might fire McCarthy if they lose this weekend. The Dallas job would probably be the most attractive on the market if they do that.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2022, 10:31:31 am »

So there's some news from LeBatard's show claiming that the gears are in motion to bring Harbaugh to Miami.

In a nutshell: Ross was very deliberate when he said he "would not be the one to take Harbaugh from Michigan."  So the plan is for Harbaugh to resign, interview with a few NFL teams, then come to Miami.
Why would they go through all those machinations? Harbaugh isn't as dumb as Ross is. If he was interested in the Miami job he'd just talk to Ross and they'd get it done, he's certainly not worried about leaving Michigan, he's not worried about how it would look. Sorry, no I have to believe this is PURE speculation and more accurately hopeful wishing.

I think what a lot of people are missing is that it's not just whom Ross would like to have coach Miami, it's also who would like to take the position. I feel pretty certain that Ross has already put out a vibe to Harbaugh and Harbaugh is not interested in coaching Miami or Ross would be going after him. This BS about taking him away from Michigan is just him trying to keep Harbaugh there instead of going to another NFL team. He's RIGHT that he's not taking him away from Michigan but that's because Harbaugh doesn't want to come.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 10:33:57 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2022, 10:38:44 am »

Why would they go through all those machinations? Harbaugh isn't as dumb as Ross is. If he was interested in the Miami job he'd just talk to Ross and they'd get it done, he's certainly not worried about leaving Michigan, he's not worried about how it would look. Sorry, no I have to believe this is PURE speculation and more accurately hopeful wishing.

I think what a lot of people are missing is that it's not just whom Ross would like to have coach Miami, it's also who would like to take the position. I feel pretty certain that Ross has already put out a vibe to Harbaugh and Harbaugh is not interested in coaching Miami or Ross would be going after him. This BS about taking him away from Michigan is just him trying to keep Harbaugh there instead of going to another NFL team. He's RIGHT that he's not taking him away from Michigan but that's because Harbaugh doesn't want to come.

If I were in Harbaugh's position and I was interested in going back to the NFL, I would stay put until I had an offer from a team that had a bona fide great QB.  Not every coach who wants to be a head coach in the NFL can wait until that opportunity arises, but he certainly can.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray