Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:34:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I had to laugh at this article
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I had to laugh at this article  (Read 1669 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2022, 07:53:30 pm »

+1
And all this BS that NO ONE could have known better is just as grating especially to those of us that did.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2022, 08:06:29 pm »

And all this BS that NO ONE could have known better is just as grating especially to those of us that did.

Yup.  I was against the Tua pick for a number of reasons, injury history, size, lefty, and the fact he was coming from Alabama that gets a high percentage of the top players in the nation, which makes all of their players look a little better than they would actual be on an average team.  I preferred Herbert over Tua BEFORE the draft.  Now that he's on the team I will support him until it's clear he is a bust.  More and more I see him being a Jimmy G type QB, undersized and often injured, but a decent QB when he's on the field.  I'm just hoping he can shake the injury bug next season.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022, 08:27:50 pm »

You, specifically, did not know better.
You said MIA should not have drafted any QB with that pick.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 08:32:19 pm »

You, specifically, did not know better.
You said MIA should not have drafted any QB with that pick.
That's not what I said, it's a close approximation to what I said which in your mind is enough, but it's not what I said. It's also what I said in January, months before the draft, by the time of the draft I had changed my mind. Apparently that's not allowed by you. Here's what I said on April 20th...

"My problem with Tua goes much deeper then just his injury status. I think he benefited tremendously from the team he was on and his stats look much better because of it. If Herbert and Tua swapped places I think you would see the same thing happen with their stats, Herbert's would look much gaudier and Tua's would look much more mundane and they would have comparable stats if Herbert's weren't better then Tua's. Then when you consider the fact that Herbert is the prototypical size for a QB, his athleticism and his arm ability and Tua's injury history (not his injury status) it becomes a no brainer for me that the pick should be Herbert. But what do I know, I'm just a fan."

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=26215.msg367326#msg367326

And I voted no. And the vote was 10 for, 6 against. Clearly NOT the landslide case for Tua that people (not just Spider) are trying to suggest. Only 3 people admitted to voting no Masterfins, Phishfan and I even though 6 voted no. I'd be interested to hear from the 3 others that voted no.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 09:22:00 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2022, 02:13:13 pm »

That's not what I said, it's a close approximation to what I said which in your mind is enough, but it's not what I said. It's also what I said in January, months before the draft, by the time of the draft I had changed my mind. Apparently that's not allowed by you. Here's what I said on April 20th...
And here's what you said the day of the draft, from the same thread:

I'm not arguing to draft Herbert, I'm arguing they should pick the best player available. If that happens to be Herbert fine, pick him, but if you think there's another player that would help the team more, pick him. I have no problem with skipping a QB with the #5 pick. In fact if you will recall originally I wanted Miami to take Herbert at #18 and take someone else at #5, but as Herbert moved up the board that became impossible. They need a QB as Fitzpatrick is not the future though and unless they think Rosen is they need a QB somewhere although it could be next year. I'm ok with waiting a year as well. Just don't reach for a guy.
Your position, from January to the literal day of the draft, was that neither Tua nor Herbert were truly "worth" the #5 pick, but if MIA was set on taking a QB, you thought Herbert was a better pick than Tua.  And then you hammered that second part (Herbert over Tua) over and over... but you never explicitly reversed yourself on Herbert being a reach at #5, and were still saying that you were fine with passing on BOTH of them the literal day of the draft.

It's absurd and ridiculous for you to turn around and try to play the "I told you so" card on Herbert, after your incredibly bad take of being fine with passing on both Tua and Herbert.  Stop trying to make yourself out to be some sort of hindsight prophet; you DEFINITELY blew this draft on Herbert (just like everyone else), and the jury is still out as to whether you also blew the draft on Tua.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2022, 08:42:56 pm »

We always knew that the team tried to move up for Burrow. Listen, next time we tank, NO ONE cheer for us to win meaningless fucking games in December to go from 4 wins to 5. It hurts the franchise so grow up and put your feelings aside for the greater good.

A lot good that "creating a winning environment" did for us.

Matt Moore in 11 and FitZy in 19 doomed this franchise. Sure as mentioned the plan was Tank for Tua but after the injury and Burrow’s emergence the consensus was Burrow at 1 no question.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray