Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:17:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?  (Read 4056 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2022, 08:34:42 pm »

Minkah Fitzpatrick should be ecstatic to be reunited with Flores LMFAO
Fortunately for Minkah, Flores is LB coach and not DC.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2022, 07:51:05 am »

Good for Flores.  I thought his lawsuit would certainly spell the end of his career in the NFL, and it's appropriate that it's Art Rooney's team who hires him.

I don't bear any ill will towards Flores.  I believe he's a dick because he was taught by a dick that being a dick is the path to winning.  Maybe he can learn and grow under Tomlin.

If NFL teams were compared to corporations, then the Steelers are like Disney.   Fan friendly and the players and coaches are expected to conduct themselves on and off the field in a proper manner.  Cutting up will not be tolerated.   I'm sure Steelers ownership clearly explained that to Flores before they hired him and Flores agreed to those terms.   He's a position coach now so he doesn't have final authority.   Whether or not he can work his way back up to a head coaching job remains to be seen.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2022, 12:50:53 pm »

Fortunately for Minkah, Flores is LB coach and not DC.
Perfect fit since according to Minkah, Flores wanted him to flex play at SS and LB. Hopefully, when Fitzpatrick heard the news, he contacted Tomlin and/or the DC and let him know to keep Flores away from any input regarding his fit in the scheme.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2022, 01:42:34 pm »

If NFL teams were compared to corporations, then the Steelers are like Disney.   Fan friendly and the players and coaches are expected to conduct themselves on and off the field in a proper manner.

Let's not go crazy with the squeaky-clean comparisons to Disney.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2022, 05:44:44 pm »

Let's not go crazy with the squeaky-clean comparisons to Disney.

Big Ben is the exception and not the rule.   He's lucky he's a QB.  Any trade involving him after those rape accusations would've been at a fire sale rate and wouldn't land them a starting QB in return.   If he played any other position, he would've been gone a long time ago

EDITED TO ADD: The information I posted about the Steelers was given to me by a couple of friends who are Steeler fans.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 07:55:15 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray