Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Do you think Flores gets a head coaching job this year?  (Read 3967 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: January 13, 2022, 03:12:35 pm »

I'm of the opinion that I don't think he'll get a head coaching position, I think he'll end up taking a defensive coordinator position with someone. He clearly is appealing for that position, but head coach? I don't see it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2022, 04:00:13 pm »

Depends on what jobs are available and who else is. Even though we have a deeper understanding of his failures, his on the surface resume is pretty impressive. If a team wants more of a known commodity and not just the Coordinator Du Jour, he would get lots of offers.

EDIT: With the Texans firing their coach and Flores having lots of ties to the Texans, I think he is the front runner for that job right now. Josh McDaniels would be too but teams don't want to wait too long and miss out. If the Pats win this weekend, that's another week minimum where he can't interview.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:08:12 pm by EDGECRUSHER » Logged
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 04:31:04 pm »

Flores will be on the Texans sidelines as HC next year
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 06:04:51 pm »

I think he gets one if he wants one.  If he's smart he'll only take the HC job if the team is a good fit with some potential to succeed.  He'd be dumb to take a job with a team like the Giants that has an organization that rivals Miami's ineptitude.  You only get a couple HC job opportunities in your career, so no point in wasting it on a team with no immediate future.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 06:06:07 pm »

He could get a HC gig.  He would be better off not.  He has only served under one HC.  He would be best served to see how a different HC operates and a different organization, and then develop his own style by taking aspects of both rather than trying to clone one person.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2022, 08:57:52 am »

So Flores .. who wanted us to trade 3-4 1st round picks to the texans for a rapist has such deep ties to the texans that they fired their head coach the minute he became available ..

interesting.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2022, 09:57:02 am »

So Flores .. who wanted us to trade 3-4 1st round picks to the texans for a rapist has such deep ties to the texans that they fired their head coach the minute he became available ..

interesting.

Watson said he wanted to play for Flores or Eric Bienemy.  He got pissed off when the Texans interviewed Bienemy last year then passed on him and hired Culley.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2022, 12:20:00 pm »

Watson said he wanted to play for Flores or Eric Bienemy.  He got pissed off when the Texans interviewed Bienemy last year then passed on him and hired Culley.

Did they even interview Eric? I thought they declined to do so.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2022, 01:05:06 pm »

The Texans seem like a good landing spot, for many reasons:

- already infested with ex-Patriots
- front office won't be averse to The Patriot Way (i.e. dickishness)
- Watson purportedly likes Flores, so this may salvage the relationship and convince him to stay

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2022, 01:43:52 pm »

his on the surface resume is pretty impressive.

This is something that I see people say, but I just don't see it.  I'm not saying that Flores can't go somewhere and be good, but what exactly is impressive about his resume here?  What are other teams seeing?  Under .500 record, can't beat good teams, gets blown out with season on the line in multiple years, seems to have internal issues with staff/players.  I just don't see what's impressive about him on paper.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2022, 02:56:19 pm »

The Texans seem like a good landing spot, for many reasons:

- already infested with ex-Patriots
- front office won't be averse to The Patriot Way (i.e. dickishness)
- Watson purportedly likes Flores, so this may salvage the relationship and convince him to stay

I wouldn't be surprised.  It's probably the only way the Texans salvage anything out of Watson.  Watson won't play for them as things stand, and no team wants to give up the ransom that the Texans want in a trade.  Flores could probably go a long way to improving their defense.  The problem again would be building an offensive coaching staff, but perhaps Watson wouldn't need all the help that Tua needed/needs.

What is the status of Watson's legal issues, I haven't seen any new reports in quite a while.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 10:18:52 pm »

This is something that I see people say, but I just don't see it.  I'm not saying that Flores can't go somewhere and be good, but what exactly is impressive about his resume here?  What are other teams seeing?  Under .500 record, can't beat good teams, gets blown out with season on the line in multiple years, seems to have internal issues with staff/players.  I just don't see what's impressive about him on paper.
"The Dolphins, who are a terrible franchise with no good players that probably should have lost every game, won nearly half of their games while he was coach.  Therefore Flores is a miracle worker"

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 03:14:40 pm »

What is the status of Watson's legal issues, I haven't seen any new reports in quite a while.

Last I heard is that he is trying to settle but that is easier said than done. With 22 claims, he is either the country's most notorious rapist or a lot of them are lying and the lawyer is trying to squeeze out every dollar he can. If Watson is NOT going to be traded, the urgency to get things resolved isn't quite there so the lawyer may want to settle soon if Flores becomes a Texan and Watson wants to stay.

In open court, they won't get a dime. Guilty or not, these claims are very hard to prove.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 07:22:02 pm »

Last I heard is that he is trying to settle but that is easier said than done. With 22 claims, he is either the country's most notorious rapist or a lot of them are lying and the lawyer is trying to squeeze out every dollar he can. If Watson is NOT going to be traded, the urgency to get things resolved isn't quite there so the lawyer may want to settle soon if Flores becomes a Texan and Watson wants to stay.

In open court, they won't get a dime. Guilty or not, these claims are very hard to prove.

The Texans have to pay Watson $35M per year for two more years so I imagine the Lawyers are pushing for very high settlements.  The lawyers won't want to wait for ever to get paid, so once they get greedy a deal will get done.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2022, 10:06:54 am »

The Texans have to pay Watson $35M per year for two more years so I imagine the Lawyers are pushing for very high settlements.  The lawyers won't want to wait for ever to get paid, so once they get greedy a deal will get done.

I'm sure they are but they have to realize that as soon as Watson says "I'm staying a Texan" and the team agrees, they lost all their leverage. They simply cannot prove their case in court and the defendants are open to purjury charges if they are lying and called to testify, which they will. It's one thing to sign your name to a lawsuit to get a check, it's quite another to try to prosecute someone in court.

At the end of the day, they probably settle for small potatoes. Watson is loudly claiming his innocence so he wouldn't want to 1) Give up a lot of his money for something he claims he didn't do and 2) Settle for large money and be found guilty in the court of public opinion

I always felt he was innocent of assault charges, he is just a fucking moron who didn't know to use his agent to get him hookers.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray