Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:12:54 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Some good honest discussion about not just Flores but Ross, Grier, Gase etc...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Some good honest discussion about not just Flores but Ross, Grier, Gase etc...  (Read 1557 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 01:57:39 pm »

I have a bias against the Big O because I heard him talking about Web Weekend -- the first time the Dolphins invited this website and several others to convene about how to work with fans and the team and each other.

He reported on it in a negative light, in a way that was demonstrably false.  I knew this because I was there.  I was part of it.

It made me question other things he talks about.

I read your other post but didn't want to quote it because of length.  Was Big O there for the event? I'm curious if he reported from experience or if he was fed the information. He could be the source of the misinformation or could have been a victim of someone with an agenda.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2022, 02:09:10 pm »

He was not there for the event, we actually only saw a few media members throughout the years at the saturday events. For example Jimmy Cefalo gave us a presentation and did a Q&A one year. but wasn't part of the entire day's events
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2022, 02:20:21 pm »

I read your other post but didn't want to quote it because of length.  Was Big O there for the event? I'm curious if he reported from experience or if he was fed the information. He could be the source of the misinformation or could have been a victim of someone with an agenda.

No, he was not there.

I don't really think it's the type of thing to get fed misinformation.  There were not many sites there in that first year and we were all really close-knit....we still are.  It brought the fan-sites together as a way to work together and benefit each other.  Things like Met-Life takeover were born from Web Weekend, among other things.  I've been on podcasts of other sites, helped in fundraising and gotten many members throughout the years that started at other places. 

We also shared info behind the scenes to help stop trolls that were out to destroy our goodwill.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2022, 02:26:49 pm »

One more thing -- I wrote Big O at the time to tell him that I was one of the people invited and that he had reported that story wrong.  He brushed it off and was like "ok, but the team still does XYZ".

No offer to retract or no real interest in talking to me to find out more about it.  It just hurt my faith in him as a "journalist".  In that specific case, he wasn't after the truth, he wanted the scandal.  He could be a great dude, but that just hit me wrong at the time.   ...that was ...what...15 years ago though?

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray