Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:06:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Wild Card Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wild Card Weekend  (Read 1146 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 15, 2022, 07:53:50 pm »

Already have three thoughts from the first game

1) Another utterly ridiculous roughing the passer call affected the last drive of the game.

2) Miami is officially the most pathetic team in the AFC now.

3) Question:  When you get first and goal with less than one minute left and the clock running, when do you spike it?  I understand if it was less than fifteen seconds left, but I think the Raiders had time to run four full plays and did not need to spike the ball.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 10:45:59 pm »

Six possessions six touchdowns for Buffalo.

I would say Miami deserved the playoffs, but I saw the LV play again, and it may have been a good no-call.

At least Miami has ruined another season for the Patriots.

Now, Brady will inevitably get his eighth ring, but this is nice consolation prize

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 08:48:19 am »

Already have three thoughts from the first game

1) Another utterly ridiculous roughing the passer call affected the last drive of the game.

2) Miami is officially the most pathetic team in the AFC now.

3) Question:  When you get first and goal with less than one minute left and the clock running, when do you spike it?  I understand if it was less than fifteen seconds left, but I think the Raiders had time to run four full plays and did not need to spike the ball.

If you want to bitch about the refs, how about the whistle right as Burrow threw a touchdown pass. The official who blew the whistle LIED about it afterwards and claimed, according to the NFL, that he didn't blow the whistle until after the ball was caught. That's inexcusable. Yes, he shouldn't have blown the whistle, but lying about it afterwards should get him fired. You could both hear the whistle on the broadcast (right as Burrow throws) and SEE the ref's cheeks puff and clench with the whistle in his mouth.

It's not ready to be a ref and mistakes will be made, but blatantly lying about it is inexcusable and something I've never seen before in the NFL.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 11:44:59 am »

^^^^

Not to mention it had a direct effect on the game
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 04:35:44 pm »

If you want to bitch about the refs, how about the whistle right as Burrow threw a touchdown pass. The official who blew the whistle LIED about it afterwards and claimed, according to the NFL, that he didn't blow the whistle until after the ball was caught. That's inexcusable. Yes, he shouldn't have blown the whistle, but lying about it afterwards should get him fired. You could both hear the whistle on the broadcast (right as Burrow throws) and SEE the ref's cheeks puff and clench with the whistle in his mouth.

It's not ready to be a ref and mistakes will be made, but blatantly lying about it is inexcusable and something I've never seen before in the NFL.

There hasn't been a firing, but it sounds like these guys aren't going to be officiating any more of this years postseason:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerome-boger-and-officials-from-raiders-bengals-game-not-expected-to-work-again-in-playoffs-per-report/
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 04:43:36 pm »

There hasn't been a firing, but it sounds like these guys aren't going to be officiating any more of this years postseason:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jerome-boger-and-officials-from-raiders-bengals-game-not-expected-to-work-again-in-playoffs-per-report/

So many problems with officiating could be avoided if more things were reviewable. Not just that, but if they dropped the act and stopped pretending that an obvious blown call takes 15 minutes to overturn as opposed to 15 seconds.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 06:42:46 pm »

Deebo Samuel just punched it in for San Fran.

Niners are up 23-7 over the Cowboys.  I'll bet Stroke is going nuts.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 08:13:46 pm »

What would you rather?

Two Hail Mary's from the 40?

or one Hail Mary from the 25?

That's a tough call.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 09:36:17 pm »

This just in.  Home Depot has just come up with a new line patio furniture called the Dak Prescott Chaise Lounge.  It folds easily and is easy to put away at home.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2022, 09:48:46 pm »

I don't think we have the right to make any jokes about any team

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 11:17:06 am »

I don't think we have the right to make any jokes about any team
LMFAO, US citizens have the "right" to make jokes about anything they want.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 02:05:44 pm »

I meant it's a pot kettle situation, since Miami has been so pathetic for so long.

Many jokes could be made about our franchise

After the Miami Miracle, Broncos youtuber Brandon Perna said, "Enjoy this victory, Miami, because this is the closest you'll probably ever get to knowing what a Super Bowl victory feels like, EVER AGAIN!!"

On to another thing

The Patriots were down by four scores with 10+ minutes to go.  They faced fourth and eleven and punted.  Doesn't this prove that BB is an incompetent moron?

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 03:48:44 pm »

I meant it's a pot kettle situation, since Miami has been so pathetic for so long.

Many jokes could be made about our franchise

After the Miami Miracle, Broncos youtuber Brandon Perna said, "Enjoy this victory, Miami, because this is the closest you'll probably ever get to knowing what a Super Bowl victory feels like, EVER AGAIN!!"

On to another thing

The Patriots were down by four scores with 10+ minutes to go.  They faced fourth and eleven and punted.  Doesn't this prove that BB is an incompetent moron?

If you don't like me cracking jokes about other teams, don't read this thread.   Period and end of discussion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray