Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:39:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
Thomas Brown   -0 (0%)
Leslie Frazier   -0 (0%)
Dan Quinn   -1 (5.9%)
Vance Joseph   -1 (5.9%)
Kellen Moore   -0 (0%)
Mike McDaniel   -1 (5.9%)
Brian Daboll   -0 (0%)
Doug Pederson   -8 (47.1%)
Other   -3 (17.6%)
Jim Harbaugh   -3 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?  (Read 6200 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 07:51:18 am »

We already tried this with Joe Philbin.

A lot of teams have.   Countless times, you hear of a loser team firing their coach and hiring one of the coordinators from the two teams in the Super Bowl in order to get a piece of that magic.   More often than not, they don't pan out.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 08:30:44 am »

You misunderstand.

The Dolphins specifically tried hiring an offensive coordinator that didn't call plays when they hired Joe Philbin (as opposed to, say, Adam Gase).

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 05:59:02 pm »

You misunderstand.

The Dolphins specifically tried hiring an offensive coordinator that didn't call plays when they hired Joe Philbin (as opposed to, say, Adam Gase).

I know and I hated that hire from Day 1. It was even worse because his QB was Aaron Rodgers so what the hell did he even do there? I would prefer not to hire the San Fran guy but I'd take him over a Dan Quinn. I'm just coming to terms with the reality that we probably won't be happy with who we pick so a "lottery pick" guy like him can at least delude us into thinking it won't be so bad.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 01:34:40 am »

I mean, at least Dan Quinn knows how to hire a staff capable of reaching a Super Bowl.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 11:30:12 am »

I mean, at least Dan Quinn knows how to hire a staff capable of reaching a Super Bowl.

I would rather not make the Superbowl than go there and blow a 28-3 lead as that would be the last football game I ever watched.

But, point taken. The experienced coaches have more contacts to get a competent staff. Who does this kid know? Hell, Flores didn't know anyone and that was a historic trainwreck.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 10:19:34 pm »

Anyone but Leslie Frazier.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2022, 03:28:04 pm »

Pederson is killing this poll and yet the Dolphins don't seem to be interested in interviewing him. Go figure.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2022, 03:39:57 pm »

Pederson is killing this poll and yet the Dolphins don't seem to be interested in interviewing him. Go figure.

I think it's fair to say that none of us can run an NFL offense or defense because it's very intricate and even the worst coordinators have years of knowledge that we don't. However, I do believe the fans can know more than ownership in regards to hiring coaches since we don't have Yes Men in our ears telling us what to do. We have no interest other than who we feel is best.

I think we are going to be disappointed with our hire and it will be universal. I would love to be wrong but Miami has not earned the benefit of the doubt with us.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2022, 08:29:45 am »

The rumor mill is saying Vance Joseph will be the new head coach.
It also says Mike McDaniel is a leading candidate.
It also says Brian Dabol is for sure going to the Giants and bringing Ken Dorsey with him.
It also says Harbaugh is def coming to Miami if he leaves Michigan.

So...who know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2022, 08:55:34 am »

The rumor mill is saying Vance Joseph will be the new head coach.
It also says Mike McDaniel is a leading candidate.
It also says Brian Dabol is for sure going to the Giants and bringing Ken Dorsey with him.
It also says Harbaugh is def coming to Miami if he leaves Michigan.

So...who know.

Vance would be a very disappointing hire, although one can make a case that he was doomed to fail in Denver if you look at who his QBs were.

Harbuahg, Pedersen, Daboll, McCarthy is probably my Top 4, which means Miami will go with my 27th choice, the Tight Ends Coach from Wichita State.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2022, 02:15:51 pm »

Daboll isn't taking Dorsey anywhere. Josh Allen already said that's who he wants as OC if Daboll leaves and who wouldn't want to coach Allen at this point? I don't see the Bills upsetting Josh to go with an outsider.

If we hire Vance or any other bland defensive coach then I give up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 02:22:54 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2022, 02:28:48 pm »

Daboll isn't taking Dorsey anywhere. Josh Allen already said that's who he wants as OC if Daboll leaves and who wouldn't want to coach Allen at this point? I don't see the Bills upsetting Josh to go with an outsider.

If we hire Vance or any other bland defensive coach then I give up.

I am currently in the "A Head Coach doesn't do much anyway!" stage of grief. I'll take the mediocre and bland coach if he can somehow hire a good staff. That's really all we need. That, and make sure your team doesn't no show 3-4 times a year like we did under Flores.

If this thread is still going next week, I will say "Look, we just need someone who is alive and not incarcerated at the moment. Pending trial is FINE just not convicted."
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2022, 03:33:28 pm »

Can I change my vote to Sean Payton?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2022, 03:37:01 pm »

Can I change my vote to Sean Payton?

He's under contract for a few more years so he isn't available if he returns.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 03:38:31 pm »

He's under contract for a few more years so he isn't available if he returns.
Assuming they aren't going to rip up the contract.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray