Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:50:39 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Poll
Question: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
Thomas Brown   -0 (0%)
Leslie Frazier   -0 (0%)
Dan Quinn   -1 (5.9%)
Vance Joseph   -1 (5.9%)
Kellen Moore   -0 (0%)
Mike McDaniel   -1 (5.9%)
Brian Daboll   -0 (0%)
Doug Pederson   -8 (47.1%)
Other   -3 (17.6%)
Jim Harbaugh   -3 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?  (Read 6195 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2022, 06:37:40 pm »

I am currently in the "A Head Coach doesn't do much anyway!" stage of grief. I'll take the mediocre and bland coach if he can somehow hire a good staff. That's really all we need. That, and make sure your team doesn't no show 3-4 times a year like we did under Flores.

If this thread is still going next week, I will say "Look, we just need someone who is alive and not incarcerated at the moment. Pending trial is FINE just not convicted."
I keep hearing Vance Joseph is our favorite. Kind of funny no one else has interviewed him and yet we think he's the missing piece.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2022, 08:16:31 pm »

Sean Peyton

IJS
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2022, 09:43:29 pm »

To me i just want a Head Coach that has head coaching experience and one that has won it all at least once. Doug Pederson seems like the only choice for me.

One question, When Doug Pederson won it all with Philly. How much of it was his coaching philosophy and style vs having a team that anyone could coach to a Superbowl ring. Could anyone explain his style?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2022, 08:39:54 am »

Assuming they aren't going to rip up the contract.

They won't pay him but if he returns, he is under the Saints control. I truly think he needs a break or is done. He has a long history with the franchise and city and forcing your way out to coach another team is really underhanded. Doubt that is what this is about.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2022, 09:45:37 am »

They won't pay him but if he returns, he is under the Saints control. I truly think he needs a break or is done. He has a long history with the franchise and city and forcing your way out to coach another team is really underhanded. Doubt that is what this is about.

He's running away like a coward because he knows his team is not going to compete next year.   They are $74 million over the cap and have an aging defense.   They're going to be bottom feeders for a while.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2022, 09:54:27 am »

He's running away like a coward because he knows his team is not going to compete next year.   They are $74 million over the cap and have an aging defense.   They're going to be bottom feeders for a while.

True, but I don't think he is forcing his way out and onto another team. He just doesn't want to have 5 wins a year for the next 3 years and would rather have a break or retire now. Some team would have to compensate New Orleans for him and if there relationship is bad, they will hold him ransom. Who is going to give up multiple draft picks for a coach?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2022, 10:13:06 am »

To me i just want a Head Coach that has head coaching experience and one that has won it all at least once. Doug Pederson seems like the only choice for me.

One question, When Doug Pederson won it all with Philly. How much of it was his coaching philosophy and style vs having a team that anyone could coach to a Superbowl ring. Could anyone explain his style?
The thing about him is everyone is saying it was because of Frank Reich, and once he left Philly went to shit.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2022, 04:11:58 pm »

True, but I don't think he is forcing his way out and onto another team. He just doesn't want to have 5 wins a year for the next 3 years and would rather have a break or retire now. Some team would have to compensate New Orleans for him and if there relationship is bad, they will hold him ransom. Who is going to give up multiple draft picks for a coach?

Yes, if he goes to another team they are going to have to give up some #1 picks.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2022, 07:16:01 pm »

The NY Daily News, which is one of the top papers in NY despite being garbage, says that Brian Daboll is the favorite to land the Dolphins job. Maybe the writer is connected and knows that Daboll wants Miami over the Giants or maybe this is Daboll leaking to them to get the Giants to increase his contract/power. Who knows?

Either way, if it is Daboll, I guess we could've done worse. Not doing the worst thing is a victory for this franchise so we'll see what happens.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2022, 09:06:33 am »

The NY Daily News, which is one of the top papers in NY despite being garbage, says that Brian Daboll is the favorite to land the Dolphins job. Maybe the writer is connected and knows that Daboll wants Miami over the Giants or maybe this is Daboll leaking to them to get the Giants to increase his contract/power. Who knows?

Either way, if it is Daboll, I guess we could've done worse. Not doing the worst thing is a victory for this franchise so we'll see what happens.

My choices I found acceptable were Harbaugh>Mike McDaniel>Daboll.  Not my first or second choice but I wouldn't be upset with Daboll.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2022, 12:14:26 pm »

Assuming they aren't going to rip up the contract.

Safe assumption I'd say.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2022, 01:02:19 pm »

My choices I found acceptable were Harbaugh>Mike McDaniel>Daboll.  Not my first or second choice but I wouldn't be upset with Daboll.

I don't think Harbaugh is coming back to the NFL this year. If he is, he would've told us first based off of the Michigan connection and if he is and we balked, then we are assholes.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2022, 04:47:49 pm »

I don't think Harbaugh is coming back to the NFL this year. If he is, he would've told us first based off of the Michigan connection and if he is and we balked, then we are assholes.

I still think Harbaugh is using the NFL to get a better contract with Michigan after his salary was cut in half last year.  Plus they probably had their best season yet under him, so he may have a good roster at Michigan; and the games they won this year will help with recruiting.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2022, 10:55:07 pm »

The Jags have hired Doug Pederson.

It's increasingly looking like we're going to wind up with first time HC again. So much for Ross wanting someone with experience... Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 11:04:41 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2022, 09:38:07 am »

The Jags have hired Doug Pederson.

It's increasingly looking like we're going to wind up with first time HC again. So much for Ross wanting someone with experience... Roll Eyes

And it won't be Mike McDaniel either.   I saw a couple tweets that McDaniel will only coach for teams who are located in states that have legalized marijuana.   Florida doesn't meet that criteria.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray