Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:03:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Poll
Question: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?
Thomas Brown   -0 (0%)
Leslie Frazier   -0 (0%)
Dan Quinn   -1 (5.9%)
Vance Joseph   -1 (5.9%)
Kellen Moore   -0 (0%)
Mike McDaniel   -1 (5.9%)
Brian Daboll   -0 (0%)
Doug Pederson   -8 (47.1%)
Other   -3 (17.6%)
Jim Harbaugh   -3 (17.6%)
Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: POLL: Who do you want to coach the Dolphins next year?  (Read 6130 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 20, 2022, 05:11:29 pm »

If you select "Other" then kindly tell us who you are thinking and why.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »

Harbaugh, because he can command the best quality assistants of all the available choices.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 05:45:28 pm »

Me, because I can't possibly do worse than anybody we've had except Gase and Sparano

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 08:27:54 pm »

Harbaugh, because he can command the best quality assistants of all the available choices.

That is very true. First time coaches don't have an extensive rolodex of people to hire, as we unfortunately just found out.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 08:40:49 pm »

I feel like in the past the Dolphins approach hiring a coach is like their approach to draft picks. They try to get cute, overthink the situation, and wind up fucking themselves. Pederson has the best accomplishments of all the names I've heard thrown around. That doesn't mean that he's a sure thing to succeed. But Jesus Christ, for once go with the obvious choice.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 08:55:35 pm »

I choose Other: Lane Kiffin

I just like the guy.  He coached here at FAU, there was a ton of interest, we got better fast, and he played to win.  That last thing is super important.  We didn't always win -- we lost a lot.  But we always went down fighting.  We knew when teams were better than we were and we went in there swinging and it made us respectable.

Also, as a fan, it was just a fun brand of football to watch.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 09:36:21 pm »

I voted for Pederson, but for me it's really a toss of the coin between him and Harbaugh - my third preference would be Caldwell.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 10:12:27 pm »

I voted for Pederson, but for me it's really a toss of the coin between him and Harbaugh - my third preference would be Caldwell.

I'm there too with Harbaugh as the top choice. Just anyone with prior experience who had some success.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 10:20:47 pm »

I choose Other: Lane Kiffin
Dave, are you serious?  Lane Kiffin combines the worst of dirtbag ethics with failson entitlement.  He's like Bobby Petrino, but without the self-sufficiency.  He can barely compete in the Pac-12 and can't even hack it in the SEC... when he was in the NFL, he looked completely overmatched.

Lane Kiffin as coach of the Dolphins would be like Urban Meyer on the Jags, but worse.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 07:29:57 am »

I really didn't mean to leave him off. I just added him so you guys can change your vote if you want to.

Dave, are you serious?  Lane Kiffin combines the worst of dirtbag ethics with failson entitlement.  He's like Bobby Petrino, but without the self-sufficiency.  He can barely compete in the Pac-12 and can't even hack it in the SEC... when he was in the NFL, he looked completely overmatched.

Lane Kiffin as coach of the Dolphins would be like Urban Meyer on the Jags, but worse.
I agree with you Dan. I think Kiffin is in his element in college but would suffer greatly in the NFL. But then again ... I thought the same of Pete Carroll hahaha.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 07:32:53 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 08:08:25 am »

I agree with you Dan. I think Kiffin is in his element in college but would suffer greatly in the NFL. But then again ... I thought the same of Pete Carroll hahaha.

It's very rare that a college coach succeeds in the NFL (or vice versa).   College football and the NFL are two completely different animals and players need to be handled differently.   A lot of successful coaches in one league failed miserably in the other because they can't handle the different strategy in the other league.

Only Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer, and Pete Carroll have won championships at both levels.  And Switzer basically won his Super Bowl with JJ's players and caught luck along the way when Green Bay knocked off San Fran.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 08:27:49 am »

I ultimately want Harbaugh for reasons already listed, but I would take Mike McDaniel as a consolation prize.  What he's done with the niners run game is unreal, we could really use that here.  He seems like a goofy hipster dork, but when you hear him talk Xs and Os he's a genius in that same mold as McVay and Kingsbury.  Plus his players absolutely love him, it would be a nice change of pace from Flores.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 08:49:05 am »

I ultimately want Harbaugh for reasons already listed, but I would take Mike McDaniel as a consolation prize.  What he's done with the niners run game is unreal, we could really use that here.  He seems like a goofy hipster dork, but when you hear him talk Xs and Os he's a genius in that same mold as McVay and Kingsbury.  Plus his players absolutely love him, it would be a nice change of pace from Flores.

I admit, the propaganda is starting to get to me about the guy but I am still leary of hiring an OC who doens't call his own plays to be HC. He has no connections in the league due to his age, so who will he get to be his staff? Who will be the OC, just some idiot puppet who doesn't call his own plays either?
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 11:11:53 am »

Yeah, I'm serious.

I think he has grown up a lot and is competent.  He's a good mix of old school pedigree with new ideas.  I was really sad to see him leave our program here and there were no antics or shenanigans during his tenure.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 09:01:22 pm »

I admit, the propaganda is starting to get to me about the guy but I am still leary of hiring an OC who doens't call his own plays to be HC.
We already tried this with Joe Philbin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray