Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:38:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Divisional Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Divisional Weekend  (Read 4718 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 11:09:16 pm »

The Packers are like the Snow Cowboys in that they always lose to lesser teams in the playoffs.

What a fucking nightmare.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2022, 01:41:39 am »

Since winning Super Bowl XLV, Rodgers is 7-9 in the playoffs, with 4 of those losses coming at home (and 3 coming as the #1 seed).

If you want to know what the perception of Marino would have been like if he had won in '84, all you have to do is look at the careers of Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2022, 02:44:08 am »

Failing to see your point.

All three of these quarterbacks are labeled by the mainstream media as perennial chokers and failures.

Unjustly, I might add.

Rodgers has thrown two or more interceptions in 3 of his 21 playoff games.  He is 1-2 in those games.

Brady has thrown two or more interceptions in 11 of his 46 playoff games.  He is 7-4 in those games.

Brees threw two or more interceptions in 4 of his 18 playoff games.  He was 1-3 in those games.

I mean, other players impact the game besides the quarterback, right?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 02:55:54 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2022, 02:45:17 am »

Jimmy G vs Brady for the NFC title game.

That's going to be a huge rout for the Bucs.

Is there a way to set your facebook page so you can not see on your mini-feed any posts about football?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 03:38:24 am »

Jimmy G vs Brady for the NFC title game.

That's going to be a huge rout for the Bucs.

Is there a way to set your facebook page so you can not see on your mini-feed any posts about football?

I wouldn't be so sure of that.  San Francisco's defense is for real.  They've shut down two high powered offenses on the road.  Their offense with Deebo and Kittle is a matchup nightmare for anyone. 

On a side note, I'll bet Stroke is going bezerk
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 09:28:39 am »

When you get to the post season defense becomes even more important than during the regular season. It's nice that QB's put up all those points during the regular season, once the post season comes around, points are much harder to come by typically. Offense gets you to the post season, but defense still wins championships.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:36:53 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 11:27:00 am »

Since winning Super Bowl XLV, Rodgers is 7-9 in the playoffs, with 4 of those losses coming at home (and 3 coming as the #1 seed).

If you want to know what the perception of Marino would have been like if he had won in '84, all you have to do is look at the careers of Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers.

Good point.

Packers have had about 30 years of Hall of Fame play from Favre and Rodgers and only have 2 Superbowls to show for it. Granted, two more than us but that's still a terrible ratio.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 03:05:59 pm »

Spider, what is your opinion of brees, Rodgers, and Marino?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 03:20:35 pm »

Enjoy this brief 3-0 lead Los Angeles, you stand no chance whatsoever of winning this game

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 06:19:44 pm »

I can’t believe this

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2022, 06:35:38 pm »

Rams did everything they could to lose that game and still couldn’t do it.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2022, 07:43:31 pm »

Hey D4L.  Told ya Tampa wasn't gonna make it.   Too many hurt guys
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2022, 07:51:12 pm »

Hey D4L.  Told ya Tampa wasn't gonna make it.   Too many hurt guys

Was that CB position one of them? Because that guy got burned on the game winning throw like he was undrafted out of Middle Tennessee A&M.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2022, 08:26:15 pm »

I knew the Rams were the better team.  However, as is often the case against Brady, his opponent just WANTS TO LOSE AT ALL COSTS!!

I followed that game at the supermarket.  I got in trouble twice for doing so on my phone.,

When it was 27-6, I had flashbacks to super Bowl 51.  I wasn't going to celebrate.  I had a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that something bad was going to happen.

Sure enough, it did.  In fact it happened before that.

20-3?  Let's fumble the ball away and stop ourselves from scoring again.

27-6?  Let's fumble on the first play of the next drive and give them a gift.

27-13?  First down and ten at the twenty five?  Let's go in shotgun and mess up the snap and prevent ourselves from making it a three score game.   We could run three times and kick a field goal, but no, let's mess things up because we are playing against Brady

27-13?  Let's miss a field that would put the game away.

27-13?  Let's pull a 2012 Denver Broncos and give a big score when we just need to play prevent defense.

27-20?  Let's fumble the ball again, giving them an easy field.

I don't know what it is about Brady that makes his opponents do such insanely stupid things.  And just when it think it can't get any worse, I get proven wrong.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2022, 09:41:01 pm »

Aside from the Niners/Packers, looks like defense need not apply this postseason. These receivers are so wide open it's like college.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray