Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:55:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Divisional Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Divisional Weekend  (Read 4716 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2022, 09:59:49 pm »

THE BILLS ARE ELIMINATED IN DEVASTATING, HEARTBREAKING FASHION AND I LOVE IT!!!

That being said, I cannot believe in the Year of Our Lord 2022 we still have a coin flip give enormous advantage to whomever guesses heads or tails correctly. It was almost guaranteed, whoever won the coin toss would win the game. That's ridiculous and it needs to end.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2022, 10:05:08 pm »

Both the Bucs and the Bills turned out to be major chokedicks.  Who the fuck can you justify scoring the go ahead TD with under a minute left and losing???
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2022, 10:12:31 pm »

Both the Bucs and the Bills turned out to be major chokedicks.  Who the fuck can you justify scoring the go ahead TD with under a minute left and losing???

Apparently, 13 seconds with 3 timeouts was too much time to give Mahomes to get into FG range. Both defenses choked the whole 4th quarter. It was embarrassing to watch some of the guys get so wide open, especially the Bills receivers. Leslie Frazier won't be getting call back interviews after this game but Daboll will.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2022, 08:06:12 am »

Glad the Bills lost but am very happy for Gabe Davis of Buffalo on getting 4Tds. He's a hometown boy who seems to be a good guy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2022, 08:35:19 am »

Did Leslie Frazier not know that the Chiefs had timeout? Why leave the middle of the field open for prevent defense when the other team has timeouts? Nevermind the idea for a touchback instead of a squib.

Massive defensive chokes by both teams but the Bills were worse.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2022, 08:42:28 am »

Did Leslie Frazier not know that the Chiefs had timeout? Why leave the middle of the field open for prevent defense when the other team has timeouts? Nevermind the idea for a touchback instead of a squib.

Massive defensive chokes by both teams but the Bills were worse.

Or Bowles calling a full on blitz as opposed to a prevent which allowed Kupp to get wide open.   I'm so glad the Dolphins moved on from him after 2011.  He failed as a head coach in New York and now he's failed as a defensive coordinator.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2022, 08:47:45 am »

The SF-GB game was as ugly as any game I think I have ever seen. I just hope now that SF's DBs get healthy in time for the Rams.

Go Niners!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2022, 08:55:46 am »

The SF-GB game was as ugly as any game I think I have ever seen. I just hope now that SF's DBs get healthy in time for the Rams.

Go Niners!!

I saw that the Packers didn't even have 11 men on the field for the Niners FG  Grin

You never know how the game will go. I would say the Rams are a more complete team but they did have that meltdown against the Niners in Week 18 as well as the almost meltdown against the Bucs yesterday. So, would not be surprising if we see a Superbowl 24 rematch.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2022, 09:11:06 am »

Aside from the Niners/Packers, looks like defense need not apply this postseason. These receivers are so wide open it's like college.
I don't know the Cincy/Tennessee game was pretty much a defensive/special teams struggle as well. Cincy had 350 yards of passing offense until you take away the almost 70 yards of sacks and under 400 yards of total offense. Tennesee actually had more yards than Cincy. Cincy punted 5 times and got 4 FG's which isn't really an impressive offensive display. So 2 of the 4 games weren't that special offensively and if the Bucs defense doesn't step up and get Tampa 2 TD's from the 30 that game may have been pretty low scoring for one team as well. Brady was horrible. Sure the Buffalo KC game was crazy even moreso towards the end but that was really the only game where defense and special teams had no say in the final score. 4 of the 8 QB's had a QBR under 20. I'd say that had something to do with the defense.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 09:21:09 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2022, 02:48:06 pm »

I saw that the Packers didn't even have 11 men on the field for the Niners FG  Grin

You never know how the game will go. I would say the Rams are a more complete team but they did have that meltdown against the Niners in Week 18 as well as the almost meltdown against the Bucs yesterday. So, would not be surprising if we see a Superbowl 24 rematch.

Obviously you meant to say 54 but you would be half right at 24.  San Francisco beat Denver in that super bowl

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2022, 02:49:21 pm »

Lots of talk about the overtime format. 

To me it still feels like Tampa won

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2022, 03:19:25 pm »

Obviously you meant to say 54 but you would be half right at 24.  San Francisco beat Denver in that super bowl

I meant to say 23, I thought it was the Superbowl before Giants/Bills but I forgot that the Broncos got blasted by the Niners.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2022, 04:15:33 pm »

I knew the Rams were the better team.

I'm sorry, but you don't get to play this card.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2022, 04:19:03 pm »

I'm sorry, but you don't get to play this card.

What are you talking about?

It's the card I've been playing for years.

Brady's teams are often inferior, but for some reason, his opponents like to mess up.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2022, 04:38:09 pm »

Your statement in week 1:
Does anybody care?  I am curious if the Bucs are going to go undefeated

Your statement after week 5, at the obviousness of TB being in the Super Bowl.
Buf-TB   Pretty obvious here. 

Your statement leading up to the game.
How are the Bucs NOT favored?  This is a much a forgone conclusion as there can be.

Your statement right before the game.
That's going to be a huge rout for the Bucs.

Your statement during the game.
Enjoy this brief 3-0 lead Los Angeles, you stand no chance whatsoever of winning this game

So, no....

You don't get to come in here and talk about how you always knew the Rams were better.  You've been all but guaranteeing a TB Super Bowl as a foregone conclusion from before the season until the game had already started and they were losing.

...which is cool.  I get things wrong all the time.  But take your "L" and move on.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray