Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:21:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The LOAT retires
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The LOAT retires  (Read 3625 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 29, 2022, 03:26:54 pm »

22 years.  7 rings, should be a lot more.

His last game was the epitome of a team trying their best to give him a victory.

I don't know if we will ever see a player get as many breaks from his teammates and his opponents as Brady did during his career.

Who edited the title?  I don’t think Brady is the goat
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:39:51 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 03:58:50 pm »

Maybe in the near future we can enjoy you turning conversations to something other than him.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 05:53:11 am »

Tom Brady is everything that is wrong with America,  a cheating MAGA jerk off. I hope he loses all his money in a Ponzi scheme and that’s the next and last time we hear about him. What an awful cheater who ruined football.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 08:59:40 am »

Some of his regular season records may fall with an 18 game season.  His post season records can safely be chiseled in stone.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 09:58:11 am »

Some of his regular season records may fall with an 18 game season.  His post season records can safely be chiseled in stone.

The records past 2010 are basically all meaningless anyway since the NFL made it so you couldn't hit the QB or touch the receivers anymore. Marino's single season passing yards record stood from 1984 until 2011 when it was broken twice. Now, he is 11th all time. Jameis Winston broke it. JAMEIS WINSTON!!!

The postseason records are awesome though and I don't see how they can be broken, even based off of longevity. Who else starts as a rookie until 44 years old and makes the playoffs almost every year? Just not happening again.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 02:15:11 pm »

Stories are out that the retirement isn't official. Sure seems to be leaning that way though.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 04:58:59 pm »

The records past 2010 are basically all meaningless anyway since the NFL made it so you couldn't hit the QB or touch the receivers anymore. Marino's single season passing yards record stood from 1984 until 2011 when it was broken twice. Now, he is 11th all time. Jameis Winston broke it. JAMEIS WINSTON!!!

The postseason records are awesome though and I don't see how they can be broken, even based off of longevity. Who else starts as a rookie until 44 years old and makes the playoffs almost every year? Just not happening again.

By that standard any record after 1960 is meaningless, when the NFL increased the season from 12 to 14 games or Brady’s post-season records are super vulnerable because 14 teams rather than 12 now make the playoffs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 05:14:52 pm »

By that standard any record after 1960 is meaningless, when the NFL increased the season from 12 to 14 games or Brady’s post-season records are super vulnerable because 14 teams rather than 12 now make the playoffs.

I think the NFL more so than any sport has different eras where every 20 years the game is completely different. We have been in the passing era for over a decade now and the league loves it. You don't need an asterisk but it's important to show the difference. Jameis Winston breaking Marino's record is all you need to say.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 05:27:08 pm »

Who changed the title?     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 08:13:55 pm »

Stories are out that Brady has not made his decision and is pissed off that some news outlets are leaking this.  

Edited to add:  I think he's biding his time and seeing what the Bucs will do with their free agency moves before making a decision.   I also think that as Brady goes, Gronk goes as well.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:19:14 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 08:38:47 pm »

Echo
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2022, 09:46:55 am »

First off .. I think Brady doesn't want to change teams and Tampa will struggle this year as they will lose a lot of free agents. With that said I find the rumor that he set this leak up as a way to emabarrass ESPN and such for the negative inflategate press he recieved. If he ends up playing it would actually be kind of funny.  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:40:14 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2022, 03:48:48 pm »

First off .. I think Brady doesn't want to change teams and Tampa will struggle this year as they will lose a lot of free agents. With that said I find the rumor that he set this leak up as a way to emabarrass ESPN and such for the negative inflategate press he recieved. If he ends up playing it would actually be kind of funny.  

I think he's wanting to wait until mid February because he's due a roster bonus.   Then, depending on what Tampa does with their free agents, he will make his decision.  Tampa is cap strapped and has over 20 key guys hitting free agency
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 08:40:04 pm by CF DolFan » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2022, 09:10:42 am »

I give credit when it's due. Brady is the greatest of the modern era. Full stop. Better than the Mannings. Better than Brees. A lot better than Roethlisberger. Flacco and Foles had their brief moments of glory (and good for them). The rest are foot notes in that period of history post 2000.

I had lost a lot of respect for him in deflate gate (but he has made it up). Plus severing the umbilical cord from BB has added even more cred.

I think it's impossible to compare him to Montana, Unitas and Otto Graham because they were completely different eras and rules. The only one of those I saw playing since I've been alive was Montana, and of the two, I would pick Montana as the GOAT. 4-0 in Superbowls, the rest of his runs stopped by the regular maulings by Lawrence Taylor, Dexter Manley, a seriously good Rams and Saints defence twice a year, and the '85 Bears, which paints a lot of context of the brutality of that era. Brady would have never survived that punishment... Young didn't. Kelly didn't. Aikman didn't either. None of them did until the rules changed. Brady cashed in on that.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 07:06:38 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2022, 01:07:51 pm »

I don't agree with you. 

Brady is a great quarterback and a great person.

I don't think he was better than Manning.

Unless, quarterbacks can somehow elevate the play of their defenses it's not a fair comparison.

Both Brady and Montana show that football is a team game

Brady was 10-6 in playoff games with a rating of below 78

Montana was 4-1 in multi-interception playoff games.

Marino was 1-9 or 1-8.   

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray