Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:08:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  The LOAT retires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The LOAT retires  (Read 3600 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2022, 03:33:47 pm »

I guess he's not the LOAT after all.  Roll Eyes

How you make that connection is beyond me.

Did you not watch the Rams literally to try to hand that game to the Buccaneers, like so many of Brady's opponents?

FOUR FUMBLES and one missed field goal in 32 minutes?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2022, 04:26:38 pm »

How you make that connection is beyond me.

Did you not watch the Rams literally to try to hand that game to the Buccaneers, like so many of Brady's opponents?

FOUR FUMBLES and one missed field goal in 32 minutes?

If he was the LOAT, then the Bucs would have won the Super Bowl.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2022, 11:03:52 pm »

I don't.  But I don't think Eli has had a good a career as Marino, either.  He won some Super Bowls, which is a team accomplishment, but it's not like Eli lit up the league during his time in it.  He was a good, sometimes very good QB.  But he wasn't even the best when he was playing.  Super Bowls matter, but they aren't the only thing.

Topic drift alert.

I think Eli was a lot better than some people give him credit for. Two time Superbowl MVP is nothing to be sneezed at - only four other players have done this or better, and all are either in the HOF or is a guaranteed first year inductee (Starr, Bradshaw, Montana, Brady).

Throw in the Water Payton NFL man of the year award. Overall I would say he would measure up pretty comfortable to Kurt Warner - who was also a first year HOF inductee.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2022, 01:57:07 pm »

He spent two months at home with his family and said, "Put me back in, coach."

More like he'd rather be hit by 300 lb D-Linemen than deal with his kids at home.  I'll bet he was bitching about retirement so much that Giselle just said, "You know what, go play"
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2022, 03:03:31 pm »

Didn't like the idea of working from home I guess. I hope he's not doing what so many have done before him, and desperately hang on, well past his time has ended, just to look like a dotting old geezer that doesn't know that his time has come. 

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2022, 08:20:46 pm »

Didn't like the idea of working from home I guess. I hope he's not doing what so many have done before him, and desperately hang on, well past his time has ended, just to look like a dotting old geezer that doesn't know that his time has come. 

Eventually Father Time will catch up with him.  But every year all of us expect it to happen and it doesn't.  He put up MVP numbers at the age of 44.  Holy shit!  You never see ANYONE doing that!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2022, 09:15:06 pm »

Eventually Father Time will catch up with him.  But every year all of us expect it to happen and it doesn't.  He put up MVP numbers at the age of 44.  Holy shit!  You never see ANYONE doing that!

He's trying to take away George Blanda's record of playing until he was 48.  This makes me hate Brady even more.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray