Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2024, 07:37:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Watson to the Browns.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Watson to the Browns.  (Read 19296 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2022, 08:57:25 am »

Those "thousands of other men" suck playing QB and you'll be losing every year.
The Browns have already tried saving money with terrible QBs; dozens of men that aren't as good as their craft as Deshaun Watson.  They didn't like the results, so now they're paying Deshaun Watson.  It's that simple.

Yeah, there aren't many replacements for Patrick Mahomes, if he didn't sign that huge extension a few years back. Only other guys on the same level are Josh Allen and.....yeah, that might be it and you aren't getting Josh Allen.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2022, 09:40:59 am »

Yeah, there aren't many replacements for Patrick Mahomes, if he didn't sign that huge extension a few years back. Only other guys on the same level are Josh Allen and.....yeah, that might be it and you aren't getting Josh Allen.

The difference is, only one third of Mahomes contract is guaranteed.   No contract in ANY sport should be 100% guaranteed. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2022, 09:55:50 am »

The difference is, only one third of Mahomes contract is guaranteed.   No contract in ANY sport should be 100% guaranteed. 

There can be a compromise in the NFL for contracts where things aren't 100% guaranteed or contracts are toilet paper. However, once the first fully guaranteed monster deal happens, then Pandora's Box can't be closed again. The Browns will be ostracized for this, may not be able to trade with anyone unless they get fleeced.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2022, 11:25:53 am »

There can be a compromise in the NFL for contracts where things aren't 100% guaranteed or contracts are toilet paper. However, once the first fully guaranteed monster deal happens, then Pandora's Box can't be closed again. The Browns will be ostracized for this, may not be able to trade with anyone unless they get fleeced.

How would this affect future trades with the Browns?  Their cap is crippled for a long time and they won't be able to trade Watson anytime soon if ever.   But that's pretty much the extent of what I can see happening.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2022, 12:43:42 pm »

Suppose the Chiefs were somehow forcibly dissolved as an NFL team.

If MIA had the ability to get Patrick Mahomes without giving up any players or draft picks, with the sole condition that the rest of his contract becomes 100% guaranteed, would you take that deal if you were in charge of the Dolphins?

There is only one correct answer to this question, and it ain't hard.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2022, 01:51:02 pm »

How would this affect future trades with the Browns?  Their cap is crippled for a long time and they won't be able to trade Watson anytime soon if ever.   But that's pretty much the extent of what I can see happening.

The Browns broke an unwritten agreement that the rest of the owners had and that's "don't fully guarantee monster money deals". Silently or discreetly, every NFL team agreed to this. All it takes is one teamto break rank and set a new precedent going forward and we will all see that soon with Herbert and Jackson and hopefully, Tua.

Just speculating on my end and going by some reports already that other teams are angry at the Browns and aren't doing business with them because of this. Time will tell if this is real.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2022, 05:13:46 pm »

The Browns broke an unwritten agreement that the rest of the owners had and that's "don't fully guarantee monster money deals". Silently or discreetly, every NFL team agreed to this. All it takes is one teamto break rank and set a new precedent going forward and we will all see that soon with Herbert and Jackson and hopefully, Tua.

Just speculating on my end and going by some reports already that other teams are angry at the Browns and aren't doing business with them because of this. Time will tell if this is real.

I dunno about that.  Different teams have different approaches.  Agents are no doubt going to push for more fully guarantee money.  Some teams might cave,   Others will say, no, this is what we are offering if you want to go elsewhere, go elsewhere.  Somehow I doubt this deal is going to change the Patriots or Steelers approach one iota.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2022, 08:38:20 am »

I dunno about that.  Different teams have different approaches.  Agents are no doubt going to push for more fully guarantee money.  Some teams might cave,   Others will say, no, this is what we are offering if you want to go elsewhere, go elsewhere.  Somehow I doubt this deal is going to change the Patriots or Steelers approach one iota.   

It's not really the smaller guys, but the QBs that will be opened up. If you're the Chargers and Herbert wants his whole deal guaranteed, what do you do now? Can't franchise him every year, plus that pisses him off and he could sit out games.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2022, 02:33:02 pm »

It's not really the smaller guys, but the QBs that will be opened up. If you're the Chargers and Herbert wants his whole deal guaranteed, what do you do now? Can't franchise him every year, plus that pisses him off and he could sit out games.

Nothing has really changed.  If you feel what he is asking for is more than he is worth you let him walk and let someone else overpay him.  If you feel he is worth that much you pay him.  Personally I think it would be bad to pay someone a massive 7 year fully guaranteed contract.  But some teams might disagree.  If the long term fully guaranteed contract backfires often enough teams will become less willing to offer them, if most of the time they work out they will be more frequent.

To me Watson is a very poor candidate for a fully guaranteed contract.  Only people who I would ever consider extending one of those to are players that meet three criteria:  1) outstanding football player; 2) outstanding health history; and 3) strong character with absolutely no red flags. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2022, 10:18:48 am »

Mike Florio reports that there is language in the Watson contract that can allow them to void the whole thing if he gets suspended. Now, I imagine the team knows that he will likely get some type of suspension, but this appears to be in case he is suspended for a year or maybe more.

He just got hit with his 23rd and 24th civil lawsuit today which is so beyond ridiculous that the only way to believe all 24 women is to crown Watson as the Country's most notorious serial rapist. I'm not ready to do that but I guess anything is possible.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2022, 11:26:13 am »

Mike Florio reports that there is language in the Watson contract that can allow them to void the whole thing if he gets suspended. Now, I imagine the team knows that he will likely get some type of suspension, but this appears to be in case he is suspended for a year or maybe more.

He just got hit with his 23rd and 24th civil lawsuit today which is so beyond ridiculous that the only way to believe all 24 women is to crown Watson as the Country's most notorious serial rapist. I'm not ready to do that but I guess anything is possible.

I don’t actually have to believe all 24.  If only 2.5% of them are telling the truth and 97.5% are lying he is a rapist that belongs in jail, not the NFL.

If you have concerns about being falsehood accused this man has some great advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qoW7FIWWs8

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2022, 11:53:25 am »

I don’t actually have to believe all 24.  If only 2.5% of them are telling the truth and 97.5% are lying he is a rapist that belongs in jail, not the NFL.

If you have concerns about being falsehood accused this man has some great advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qoW7FIWWs8

Oh, I would hope he would rot in jail for even one for the rest of his life. Just saying that 24 is a ridiculous number that hurts the credibility of the alleged victims since the only way to believe that number is to confirm he is one of the worst rapists since Genghis Khan. That's a big stretch. And, if a few are proven to be liars, then the ones telling the truth will be lumped in with them.

False accusations should come with severe jail time for the damage they do.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2022, 12:18:21 pm »

It's not 24 accusations of rape, specifically, though, right?   I mean...it's inappropriate sexual assault....not necessarily forceful -- trying to coerce hand-jobs from the masseuse was part of it, no?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2022, 12:36:37 pm »

Oh, I would hope he would rot in jail for even one for the rest of his life. Just saying that 24 is a ridiculous number that hurts the credibility of the alleged victims since the only way to believe that number is to confirm he is one of the worst rapists since Genghis Khan. That's a big stretch. And, if a few are proven to be liars, then the ones telling the truth will be lumped in with them.

False accusations should come with severe jail time for the damage they do.

Just the opposite...

If 1 person tells me they got ripped off by an auto mechanic, maybe the mechanic is untrustworthy or maybe that one person had a bad experience with the mechanic.

If 24 people tell me they all got ripped off by the same mechanic, I am not bringing my car there.  

If 24 people tell me they got ripped off by the same mechanic, and then I learn the 24th person was exaggerating and wasn't really ripped off, but just heard others complaining and joined in.  I am still not using that mechanic.  

I find it a lot easier to believe that someone who got away with raping 12 women would rape 12 more, than the idea that all 24 women decided to make a false accusation against the same person.  So the claim that 24 is too many is stupid.  Wilt Chamberland claimed to have slept with over 20,000 women.  Charlie Sheen claims to have slept with over 5000.  Those are likely overstated, but idea that someone could have non-consensual sex with 24 unique partners is not unreasonable.  It is more partners than I have had in my lifetime, but not an unreasonable number.  

As for punishing women for making false accusations.  Maybe we should start by punishing the rapists, who get off all too often.  If you are worried about false accusations watch the video I posted.    
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 12:43:30 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2022, 01:12:15 pm »

Getting robbed by a mechanic is far easier to do than getting raped by a famous QB in a massage parlor. It's not even comparable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray