Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:14:15 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Watson to the Browns.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print
Author Topic: Watson to the Browns.  (Read 16031 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2022, 01:14:16 pm »

I would just like to point out that Baker Mayfield also sucks.  So, all this talk about Watson and Brissett and Mayfield....blah blah blah.  Baker will probably go suck somewhere else, Brisset is a bum, and Watson isn't going to play.

It's lose, lose all over and couldn't happen to a better city than Cleveland.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2022, 03:24:08 pm »

Yahoo is reporting that if Watson is suspendd for a year, then he and the NFLPA will sue the NFL. We all pretty much knew this beforehand but now Yahoo is "confirming it".

I still don't know what legal ground Deshaun has to stand on because the NFLPA gave Goodell the power to basically do whatever he wants. The appeals process is drawn out and messy but if the league really wants a year or more, looks like they will get it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2022, 11:46:20 am »

Yahoo is reporting that if Watson is suspendd for a year, then he and the NFLPA will sue the NFL. We all pretty much knew this beforehand but now Yahoo is "confirming it".

I still don't know what legal ground Deshaun has to stand on because the NFLPA gave Goodell the power to basically do whatever he wants. The appeals process is drawn out and messy but if the league really wants a year or more, looks like they will get it.

Word is, with that threat of a lawsuit, the judge that presided over the hearing is expected to hand down a suspension of somewhere between two and eight games.   If an eight game suspension is administered, the first game Watson will be eligible to play in will be Nov 13..... against the Dolphins.

I really hope that this situation causes a change to the Personal Conduct Policy when it's time to sit down and renew the CBA.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2022, 12:09:05 pm »

Word is, with that threat of a lawsuit, the judge that presided over the hearing is expected to hand down a suspension of somewhere between two and eight games.
This is not how any court works.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2022, 08:41:18 am »

Watson gets 6 games.   I have a feeling that the Browns dodged a major bullet
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2022, 09:22:59 am »

Watson gets 6 games.   I have a feeling that the Browns dodged a major bullet

Watson will not appeal but Goodell has the power to extend it. So, this is only over once the NFL agrees.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #126 on: August 01, 2022, 09:40:13 am »

Watson will not appeal but Goodell has the power to extend it. So, this is only over once the NFL agrees.

If Fidel Goodell extends it, then you can be sure that Watson will appeal
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #127 on: August 01, 2022, 09:44:40 am »

6 games is like 1 quarter per charge isn't it? That's a pretty light sentence if you ask me but I do get it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #128 on: August 01, 2022, 11:00:50 am »

6 games is like 1 quarter per charge isn't it? That's a pretty light sentence if you ask me but I do get it.

The fact that no arrests were made and the police closed it due to lack of evidence played well for Watson. If he was charged but then charges were dropped after financial settlements like a lot of cases, then he probably would've gotten the year.

No official word but Watson would probably appeal if Goodell adds on more games. The league will probably just have to bite their tongue on this one.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2022, 04:19:29 pm »

And the NFL has appealed the ruling body's decision.   Goodell himself will decide who hears said appeal.  Reports are coming out that the NFL is asking for an indefinite suspension with a minimum of one year.  NFLPA has come out saying that if that's what the NFL is asking for, they plan to file suit in federal court.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 05:17:03 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2022, 05:26:06 pm »

The NFL appealing the decision is a really bad look, as the appeal is heard by... Goodell.
Why even bother with the arbitrator if you are going to reject her ruling and do whatever you want anyway?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2022, 05:31:21 pm »

The NFL appealing the decision is a really bad look, as the appeal is heard by... Goodell.
Why even bother with the arbitrator if you are going to reject her ruling and do whatever you want anyway?
It may look bad but it is the process the union agreed to so really not much to bitch about.

The weird thing to me is the NFL only presented 4 of the cases so that is what the arbitrator had to go by.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 05:32:58 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2022, 06:15:55 pm »

You can say there's not much to bitch about now, but CBAs don't last forever.  This is a penny-wise and pound-foolish move; whatever the NFL is gaining in PR from being tough on Watson, they are going to pay for at the bargaining table.

There is no point in going to arbitration if one of the parties has the power to say "Never mind, I'm gonna do what I want anyway."  The NFLPA is not going to participate in this sham next time.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »

Then why would they agree to it in the first place? You don't think they had the same bargaining power last time? Ultimately it matters what the public thinks as they are the one paying to watch the players. If the NFL is going to say they don't care about women then that is going to hurt them pretty badly in the pocket.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2022, 07:35:01 pm »

It may look bad but it is the process the union agreed to so really not much to bitch about.

The weird thing to me is the NFL only presented 4 of the cases so that is what the arbitrator had to go by.

Which is why the union is willing to take the NFL to court over this.   That process can be thrown out by way of a class action.   

And I agree with Spider.   Why even bother with an arbitrator if you're gonna throw out the ruling if it doesn't go your way??
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray