Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:31:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Matt Ryan Traded to the Colts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Matt Ryan Traded to the Colts  (Read 984 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 21, 2022, 04:01:38 pm »

For a 3rd rounder. Colts were 9-8 last year and improved with this move, but still aren't a Superbowl contender.

Falcons take on a $40.5 Million Dead Cap hit because they are stupid and thought they were one Tight End away from contention last year instead of trading the pick for a rebuild. Now, Pitts will be gone before they reach 10 wins again. Marcus Mariota was immediately signed to be their QB. He is a clear downgrade but can have some good games in him.

The NFC South has basically been won by the Bucs unless Brady gets injured.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 09:10:20 pm »

I've never thought Matt Ryan was as good as everyone else seems to believe he is, but jeez all it took was a 3rd rounder???  That's a win for the Colts.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 11:39:31 am »

I've never thought Matt Ryan was as good as everyone else seems to believe he is, but jeez all it took was a 3rd rounder???  That's a win for the Colts.

He can win you a Superbowl if the rest of your team is very good. There is value in that. If Matt Ryan was on the 2001 Dolphins, we go 14-2.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 12:21:11 pm »

They basically upgraded at QB and netted a 3rd rounder.  That's some brilliant GM moves right there.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 12:28:43 pm »

They basically upgraded at QB and netted a 3rd rounder.  That's some brilliant GM moves right there.   

$40 Million in dead cap from the trade and the GM was the only person in Atlanta who thought they were a Tight End away from contention when they drafted Pitts instead of trading back and accumulating picks. They could've had the Niners package that they gave us.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 03:44:21 pm »

$40 Million in dead cap from the trade and the GM was the only person in Atlanta who thought they were a Tight End away from contention when they drafted Pitts instead of trading back and accumulating picks. They could've had the Niners package that they gave us.

I was referring to the Colts.   They traded Wentz to the Redskins for two third rounders, then traded one of them to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.   Like I said, an upgrade at QB and a third round pick.   BRILLIANT!!!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 03:57:47 pm »

I was referring to the Colts.   They traded Wentz to the Redskins for two third rounders, then traded one of them to Atlanta for Matt Ryan.   Like I said, an upgrade at QB and a third round pick.   BRILLIANT!!!

Oh, yeah. That is a good job by them. The Titans are good but far from a powerhouse. It isn't out of the question that the Colts win the division this year, it's just a two team race after all.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2022, 10:39:30 pm »

He can win you a Superbowl if the rest of your team is very good. There is value in that. If Matt Ryan was on the 2001 Dolphins, we go 14-2.

LOL, if your team is "very good" then 50% of the QB's in the league can win you a SB.  The facts are he's 4-6 in the playoffs over his career, and was an instrumental part in his team blowing a huge Super Bowl lead.  He ain't winning no Super Bowls, he doesn't have it when it comes to the playoffs and beyond.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2022, 10:21:56 am »

LOL, if your team is "very good" then 50% of the QB's in the league can win you a SB.  The facts are he's 4-6 in the playoffs over his career, and was an instrumental part in his team blowing a huge Super Bowl lead.  He ain't winning no Super Bowls, he doesn't have it when it comes to the playoffs and beyond.

I don't think so. The Broncos have a very good team but had terrible QB play the past year. Now, they have Russell Wilson. Too early to make a proclamation, but I feel they are a Superbowl contender now. Time will tell.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray