Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:45:21 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Acquire Tyreek Hill for 5 Draft Picks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Acquire Tyreek Hill for 5 Draft Picks  (Read 2574 times)
DenverFinFan
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2022, 06:44:32 pm »

Damn wasn’t expecting this. I have to say, we have more speed than rural Arizona. Should be fun.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2022, 07:38:00 pm »

Wow, I'm surprised with this ballsy move! I think we all knew it was going to take something big to get a top WR - and we did it.

Now we get to really make those Hill vs Waddle comparisons.... every week.

Oh, and the Bengals, the Bills, and the rest of the AFC West have mailed us gigantic thank you card. Mahomes struggles when Hill is taken out of the game, and we've done it permanently. I can't exactly see him being thrilled at Tyreek being replaced by Juju to throw to.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 07:55:19 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2022, 11:01:08 pm »

Hill was in the last year of his contract.   He wanted a new deal and wasn't going to get it in KC.  Not with that albatross of a monster contract they gave to Mahomes.

Now KC has the 29th and 30th picks.  They can easily trade up to the middle of the first round and draft Hill's replacement and get him for much cheaper than Hill.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2022, 02:48:07 am »

Hill signed a 4 year/$120 Million extension with $72 Million guaranteed. The AAV was expcted.

We are in win now mode and still have two 1st rounders next year. I like having draft picks but there comes a time where you have to cash them in for established talent. I'm sure Buffalo doesn't regret trading a 1st rounder for Diggs.

Lots of cuts coming now. We very likely shouldn't have an issue cutting and restructuring people to make the math work but we are very likely done shopping now. I wanted Tretter but this is more than a consolation prize.

Parker is 99% gone now. Might not even get a 6th for him but the prick can play well when motivated so I would prefer not to trade him within the AFC.

It's really a 3-year, $75 million deal with a $44 million option for year 4. Nothing guaranteed in that final year. Still a big wad of cash.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2022, 06:55:36 am »

It's really a 3-year, $75 million deal with a $44 million option for year 4. Nothing guaranteed in that final year. Still a big wad of cash.

Then that is an even more amazing contract for us. Have to give Grier or whoever is in charge of negotiations credit, the contracts for Hill and Armstead are very beneficial to the team. Shocked we got Armstead for that price.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2022, 07:52:00 am »

This illustrates as well the transformation of the game from running back-oriented to wide receiver-oriented.  No way you'd see a running back traded for that kind of bevy of draft picks and paid that much in today's game.  The game has metamorphosed since "the Herschel Walker trade" for example.  Nobody nowadays is targeting a Herschel Walker in trade for anywhere near that amount.  Anybody who is touting the need for a running back to that degree in the present-day NFL is probably playing a great deal of fantasy football and not realizing that the scoring system in fantasy football doesn't translate to the importance of running backs in the NFL.

The college game is following suit, where we may never see a running back with the Heisman Trophy again.  The year before last the winner was the first wide receiver in college history who didn't also contribute on special teams.  Every other year in recent history a QB has won it.

Today you win with an elite QB paired with an elite receiver.  The Dolphins now have at least one of those.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2022, 06:56:40 pm »

Barry Jackson is giving some details on how the trade went down. Jets had the trade offer first but Miami swooped in quick with a good package and money for Hill. He says that a big selling point was the no income tax in Florida and his agent got some financial planners on the phone with Tyreek to break it down.

Truth is, Tyreek basically had a no trade clause by virtue of his current contract status, being a free agent in a year. No one gives up more than a late first for Tyreek without signing him to an extension and if he didn't want to sign it, then that's that. This deal happened because Tyreek wanted Miami and we flashed the cash.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2022, 01:19:18 am »

Just to pile on the hype, Hill and Waddle can easily be better than the receiving duo of Duper and Clayton (If Tua can deliver the passes).  Think about that for a while.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2022, 08:48:53 am »

Just to pile on the hype, Hill and Waddle can easily be better than the receiving duo of Duper and Clayton (If Tua can deliver the passes).  Think about that for a while.

I think they are 2 of the 3 fastest players or receivers in the league. Genuinely terrifying for opposing defenses and that's before we factor in Gesicki and Wilson Jr. All Tua really has to do is be accurate and not force things and he could put up Top 10 numbers if everything goes according to plan.

If.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2022, 08:52:55 am »

I think they are 2 of the 3 fastest players or receivers in the league. Genuinely terrifying for opposing defenses and that's before we factor in Gesicki and Wilson Jr. All Tua really has to do is be accurate and not force things and he could put up Top 10 numbers if everything goes according to plan.

If.
Before we even add in having upgraded our RBs this new recieving corp will make running the ball easier. Running the ball will make protecting Tua easier. It isn't really out of the question to see a major turn around on offense and in fact I fully expect it. All of that should help our defense to be even better as well. It's really hard not to get excited for this year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2022, 03:51:00 pm »

As long as Tyreek Hill performs like the Tyreek Hill of the last 3-4 years, then I am OK with giving away this kind of draft pick bundle for him. That said, this is a phenomenal draft class for WRs, so I wonder if it wouldn't have been prudent to grab a couple of rookies instead. We'll see once the pads are on, I suppose...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2022, 04:22:58 pm »

As long as Tyreek Hill performs like the Tyreek Hill of the last 3-4 years, then I am OK with giving away this kind of draft pick bundle for him. That said, this is a phenomenal draft class for WRs, so I wonder if it wouldn't have been prudent to grab a couple of rookies instead. We'll see once the pads are on, I suppose...

Not a chance.  Tyreek Hill is easily on a Hall of Fame career trajectory as we speak.  Three-time NFL all-pro.  The fact that he came available is staggering.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2022, 04:27:43 pm »

Not a chance.  Tyreek Hill is easily on a Hall of Fame career trajectory as we speak.  Three-time NFL all-pro.  The fact that he came available is staggering.

Patrick Mahomes is also on a Hall of Fame career trajectory as we speak.  We will find out this season if Hill is still on that trajectory when Tua is throwing the rock.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2022, 04:34:32 pm »

Patrick Mahomes is also on a Hall of Fame career trajectory as we speak.  We will find out this season if Hill is still on that trajectory when Tua is throwing the rock.  

Same goes for Mahomes. Went from Tyreek to JuJu.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2022, 04:42:09 pm »

PFF receiving corps grade is actually a stronger predictor of EPA per pass dropback than PFF QB grade.  You get about a 0.60 standard deviation increase in EPA per pass dropback for every standard deviation increase in receiving corps grade, whereas that figure for QB grade is 0.43.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray