Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:35:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami Trades Davante Parker to New England
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Miami Trades Davante Parker to New England  (Read 3347 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 02, 2022, 10:06:59 pm »

Pats get Parker and a 2022 5th Rounder and we get a 2023 3rd rounder.

.......bro. You had to trade a guy who 3 years ago led the AFC in yards to a division rival who had a better record than you? We all know he is breaking out for 1300 yards this season now.

I would take this trade for any team in the NFC, but not the AFC and not a divisional team.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2022, 11:34:03 pm »

Absolutely retarded for so many things. I’m in the minority here, but I think Parker would have played lights out this year. You don’t trade within your division. You definitely don’t trade a guy like Davante Parker within your division. And, remember how trading Wes Welker to the Patsies worked out?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 01:31:47 am »

The primary goal in any season of to make the playoffs. This doesn't seem to get us any closer to that. On the contrary, I'm fact. Not a fan of this move.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 04:17:25 am »

You had to trade a guy who 3 years ago led the AFC in yards
I was wondering why I had never seen this stat before about DeVante Parker, a player who has never made the Pro Bowl.  I think there are two reasons:

1) It's not true.  You forgot to include the qualifier of "led AFC wide receivers in yards," because Travis Kelce had more receiving yards than Parker that year.

2) That was just a bad year for receivers in the AFC, period: Parker finished 5th, more than 500 yards behind the league leader (Michael Thomas).  And there were only 6 AFC players in the top 20 of receiving yards that season.

We all know he is breaking out for 1300 yards this season now.
Dude, Brady isn't on the Patriots any more.  Mac Jones is not throwing to anyone for 1300 yards.

I would take this trade for any team in the NFC, but not the AFC and not a divisional team.
You wouldn't trade Parker to the Jets?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 09:25:18 am »

Not a bad pick up for trading down 2 rounds. 

I am not expecting Parker to magically become all-pro but if he clocks  500-600 yards and 3-4 TDs it is a win for NE given the price.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 12:54:36 pm »

I was wondering why I had never seen this stat before about DeVante Parker, a player who has never made the Pro Bowl.  I think there are two reasons:

1) It's not true.  You forgot to include the qualifier of "led AFC wide receivers in yards," because Travis Kelce had more receiving yards than Parker that year.

2) That was just a bad year for receivers in the AFC, period: Parker finished 5th, more than 500 yards behind the league leader (Michael Thomas).  And there were only 6 AFC players in the top 20 of receiving yards that season.
Dude, Brady isn't on the Patriots any more.  Mac Jones is not throwing to anyone for 1300 yards.
You wouldn't trade Parker to the Jets?

Honestly thought it was all AFC Receivers, my bad. Still, the top receiver in the AFC that year, despite it being a down year. The kid has talent, just no passion. I would also be hesitant to trade him to the Jets, albeit I would prefer them to the Pats as this does nothing but strengthen a team that was better than us last year.

Shocking no other team offered a 4th or 5th.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 02:06:44 pm »

The kid has talent, just no passion.

Talented players that are just phoning it on other teams because they perceive the season as futile are ideal candidates for a BB turn around.
If no renewed effort they don't last long.  High upside small downside for NE. 

Mac Jones is no Tom Brady, but he is better than Tannihill.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2022, 04:01:00 pm »

Less anyone forget this.  Guy can't stay healthy it seems.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2022, 09:09:14 pm »

I don't think we got value in terms of the pick for the talent -- parker is a C-list player, which is fine and I think he would've been able to contribute in this system.  But he was going to be getting paid more than we were going to get value to be our 4th receiving option and I just don't think we had that luxury.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2022, 09:26:13 pm »

It's a good trade for Miami, although I'd rather not have given up the 5th rounder also.  Parker will be out of the league in a year or two; he's not going to put up any big numbers unless the Pats have to make him their #1 receiver, and even then he won't surpass a thousand yards.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 09:52:36 pm »

I would also be hesitant to trade him to the Jets, albeit I would prefer them to the Pats as this does nothing but strengthen a team that was better than us last year.
This trade also takes a third-round pick away from the Patriots.

I understand the sentiment behind not trading good players within your division.  I wouldn't have wanted to trade Minkah Fitzpatrick or Brandon Marshall to a team in the AFC East.  But when it comes to a player that MIA has essentially given up on from a performance standpoint... you might as well.

The tougher choice is: if, instead of HOU, it's NYJ that calls the Dolphins and offers the deal for Laremy Tunsil that the Texans offered, do you still make that trade?
How far does "Don't trade within the division" go?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2022, 08:13:56 am »

Parker never got healthy from his hamstring injury and his played showed it. We all know he can ball withe the best of them but most likely it will only be the two games against Miami next season. In reality he has really only had one great season. Every other years was filled with a few great catches. Maybe BB can figure out how to get more from him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 08:35:38 am »

This trade also takes a third-round pick away from the Patriots.

I understand the sentiment behind not trading good players within your division.  I wouldn't have wanted to trade Minkah Fitzpatrick or Brandon Marshall to a team in the AFC East.  But when it comes to a player that MIA has essentially given up on from a performance standpoint... you might as well.

The tougher choice is: if, instead of HOU, it's NYJ that calls the Dolphins and offers the deal for Laremy Tunsil that the Texans offered, do you still make that trade?
How far does "Don't trade within the division" go?

Very good question. I think it depends on where we are as a team compared to the Jets at the time of the trade. If we sucked and they were contenders, make the trade for the rebuild. Same as vice versa. However, if we were both on equal footing as playoff or near playoff teams, I don't make the trade, even if it probably helps us more in the long run.

The equal footing issue is probably the biggest thing for me, you don't want to make a competitive rival better and Parker will probably be better than whoever we draft in the 3rd round next year. Let Mac Jones fail without any weapons.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2022, 08:57:16 am »

Shocked that New England would want a player like Parker.  If their organizational culture -- which is what was primarily responsible for their dynasty -- is going to move away from players like Tom Brady and toward players like Devante Parker, so be it.  I'll facilitate that all day long.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2022, 09:05:03 am »

Talented players that are just phoning it on other teams because they perceive the season as futile...

In 2020, the year after Parker was given his big contract with the Dolphins, the team was 8-4 after 12 games and in the midst of a playoff run.  He then proceeded to miss three games in a row and return for the last game of the season, catching 7 passes for 116 yards and earning a $750K contract incentive he wouldn't have earned had he missed that game.

If he was phoning it in during those three games, it certainly wasn't because he perceived the season as futile, and if he was, he was delusional.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray