Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:10:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins  (Read 1460 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 09, 2022, 12:42:39 pm »

The 24 year old former NFL starting QB was killed after being hit by a car this morning in South Florida. Another young life gone too soon. Damn.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 11:48:47 am »

I was talking to Brian Fein about this and we were wondering if there may be more to the story.  The guy was walking around at 6:30 in the morning at a place that doesn't really seem like there'd be pedestrians.  It's just a weird place to be on foot at all and a weird time to be there.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 04:03:50 pm »

The reports I read said that his car ran out of gas on the way to the airport and he was struck after getting out of his vehicle.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 04:25:20 pm »

The reports I read said that his car ran out of gas on the way to the airport and he was struck after getting out of his vehicle.

That makes sense.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 04:12:46 am »

Gone way too soon, he sounded like a good guy and seemed to be in the perfect place to possibly revive his career too.

It's another reminder not to day every day for granted, and don't put things off that you can do and say.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 08:50:16 am »

That makes sense.

It makes a bit more sense but why was he getting out of his vehicle on a highway? And why did he even run out of gas? Hate that someone so young and seemingly well liked is gone, but it seems even worse if the problem was lack of common sense.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 05:02:53 pm »

It makes a bit more sense but why was he getting out of his vehicle on a highway? And why did he even run out of gas? Hate that someone so young and seemingly well liked is gone, but it seems even worse if the problem was lack of common sense.

This explains it.  The toxicology report was just released to the general public.   Haskins blood alcohol level was over the legal limit when he stepped out of his vehicle.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 07:17:03 pm »

This explains it.  The toxicology report was just released to the general public.   Haskins blood alcohol level was over the legal limit when he stepped out of his vehicle.   
it was a .25.  he had been in a fight at the club that night.  I don't know if he was the driver, but if he was he was extremely drunk driving.  And he was wondering for 20 min before getting hit by that dump truck.  I'm glad he didn't kill someone else that night. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 06:43:08 pm »

it was a .25.  he had been in a fight at the club that night.  I don't know if he was the driver, but if he was he was extremely drunk driving.  And he was wondering for 20 min before getting hit by that dump truck.  I'm glad he didn't kill someone else that night. 

Wow, .25 is really drunk.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 11:12:52 pm »

Don't forget the Ketamine guys.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2022, 08:59:54 am »

Don't forget the Ketamine guys.
Are you saying he was killed by the "New Blood" Dexter?

Antidepressants and a lot of alchohol ... can't see how that went wrong. It's sad to me that these guys have this much money and don't have drivers, Uber, or just someone to take care of them while they "party".

« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 09:04:18 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2022, 09:39:24 am »

Are you saying he was killed by the "New Blood" Dexter?

Antidepressants and a lot of alchohol ... can't see how that went wrong. It's sad to me that these guys have this much money and don't have drivers, Uber, or just someone to take care of them while they "party".

Doesn't the NFL provide a car service free of charge for players in situations like this?
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2022, 10:57:26 am »

Doesn't the NFL provide a car service free of charge for players in situations like this?

Yes, there was a partnership with Uber that was set up back in 2013 that provided a special number that players could call, and they would get up to $200 in free ride credits. Lyft took over that service in 2017, and I believe that has carried on through today. Not "entirely sure" if it is still going though...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2022, 11:42:43 am »

I would imagine it is.  Without knowing the details -- probably good for Uber/Lyft's publicity, costs relatively little, and the NFL saves bigtime for every catastrophe they avoid.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray