Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:20:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Deebo Samuel Requests Trade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Deebo Samuel Requests Trade  (Read 2007 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 20, 2022, 03:48:00 pm »

He is unhappy with the progress of his extension talks and requested a trade. Also did the typical modern day stuff like deleted the Niners from his social media, didn't show up for voluntary camp.

In the end, I feel the Niners will sign him to a new deal because he is so valuable and guys like him don't grow on trees. However, if he is traded for a big draft pick haul, the team will be much worse off in 2022 and that's our draft pick so let's all hope that a trade goes through. Don't care what picks they get as long as they're worse in 2022 and he isn't traded to an AFC contender.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 04:04:17 pm »

This is good news for the Dolphins, no matter how you slice it.  Either Deebo gets traded for picks (that will be used on players that are not as good as him in 2022), or he chews up some more cap space for SF.

A great scenario is Deebo and Jimmy G in new uniforms for the 2022 season.  The best case scenario is both of them being traded after the 2022 draft for picks in 2023.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 04:17:42 pm »

This is good news for the Dolphins, no matter how you slice it.  Either Deebo gets traded for picks (that will be used on players that are not as good as him in 2022), or he chews up some more cap space for SF.

A great scenario is Deebo and Jimmy G in new uniforms for the 2022 season.  The best case scenario is both of them being traded after the 2022 draft for picks in 2023.

I am lost as to how this would benefit Miami in any way...or is this just your anti-Niner angst taking center stage?

If the latter...please take a moment to go fuck yourself. :-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 04:21:06 pm »

As far as 2022 goes, the team is basically all set so the cap space issue for this year won't be much of a problem. Whatever happens to the Niners past this year is none of my concern like whatever happened to the Texans past 2021. I would prefer he were traded to an NFC team or a bad AFC team and they start Trey Lance all year, but I'll take any pick that isn't from a playoff team.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 04:32:36 pm »

I am lost as to how this would benefit Miami in any way...or is this just your anti-Niner angst taking center stage?
MIA has SF's first-round pick in 2023.  Any development that pushes SF towards trading currently-good players for future draft picks (i.e. developing for the future) makes them worse this year, which is good news for the team that has their first-round pick in 2023.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 04:37:14 pm »

I would prefer he were traded to an NFC team or a bad AFC team and they start Trey Lance all year, but I'll take any pick that isn't from a playoff team.
I think the best destination from MIA's perspective is the NFC South (which plays the NFC West this year).  NO, ATL, and CAR should all still be in the QB market, so sending Deebo and Jimmy there will also improve their chances against SF this season.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 02:49:25 pm »

I think the best destination from MIA's perspective is the NFC South (which plays the NFC West this year).  NO, ATL, and CAR should all still be in the QB market, so sending Deebo and Jimmy there will also improve their chances against SF this season.

Yeah, but the Falcons are rebuilding(a year too late), the Saints have no money and I think Deebo would rather retire than play for an incompetent Panthers team with no QB and then no draft picks.

Sad truth is, the Jets would be the best fit since he knows their coaches and they got the draft/salary capital to afford him. He wouldn't put them over the top but it would make beating them twice a year harder.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 03:12:46 pm »

I say wait until after the draft, then bring him in.   We've got the necessary draft capital next year to use in order to make a deal.   Deebo, Hill and Waddle would scare the socks off any DB coach.   And with Deebo running the ball from time to time, that would definitely keep opposing DCs guessing.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 03:27:57 pm »

I say wait until after the draft, then bring him in.   We've got the necessary draft capital next year to use in order to make a deal.   Deebo, Hill and Waddle would scare the socks off any DB coach.   And with Deebo running the ball from time to time, that would definitely keep opposing DCs guessing.

There would honestly be not enough plays to go around for them all, plus our cap would be dead for years. The opposing defense would piss themselves as 3 different guys can take it to the house on a screen play but it ain't gonna happen.

If any move happens, it will be before the draft. The Niners don't want to punt away the season by trading their best player for draft picks they won't have until next year.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 12:24:33 am »

I have an idea. Let’s package Parker and a future draft pick or two in a trade for Deebo.
Oh wait, that can’t happen because the dolphins gifted Parker to the Patises. We’ll have to start calling Parker “Pahkah. Dooood”

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 01:30:37 am »

MIA already has enough resources invested in the receiver position.
Spend Deebo's salary on a center and/or a LB.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 01:37:17 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2022, 09:25:03 am »

MIA already has enough resources invested in the receiver position.
Spend Deebo's salary on a center and/or a LB.

If we can't draft the Center we want with our 3rd round pick, I think we get Tretter the following morning. Everyone is waiting on the draft for "second free agency" so I can only assume that is why he is still available.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 10:13:15 am »

FWIW, Deebo would have to agree to a contract extension and pass a physical within a few hours in order to be traded so that the Niners could get 2022 draft picks. That seems very unlikely so he isn't going anywhere unless they want to punt the season and focus on 2023.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 10:18:38 am »

FWIW, Deebo would have to agree to a contract extension and pass a physical within a few hours in order to be traded so that the Niners could get 2022 draft picks. That seems very unlikely so he isn't going anywhere unless they want to punt the season and focus on 2023.

The Jets are reportedly offering one of their first round picks(pick 10 I believe), their second round pick, their fourth round pick, a second rounder next year, and Elijah Moore for Deebo.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 10:50:22 am »

The Jets are reportedly offering one of their first round picks(pick 10 I believe), their second round pick, their fourth round pick, a second rounder next year, and Elijah Moore for Deebo.

That's a good haul for the Niners since it's a Top 10 pick, but it's not the most loaded draft ever and they just gave a ton away for Trey Lance, so I think they're more inclined to keep him unless the Jets throw in both 1st rounders.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray