Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:08:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Make your All Time Best Offense
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Make your All Time Best Offense  (Read 665 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: July 28, 2022, 04:21:54 pm »

I'm not doing O-Line, you guys can if you want though:

QB--Dan Marino (duh)
RB--Barry Sanders
WR--Jerry Rice, Megatron, Randy Moss
TE--Gonzo
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 12:07:18 am »

Marino and Sanders are my all time favorites. So I’m with you there. Actually, just to be different from you. For RB. I’ll take Ricky Williams.
But for WR?
T.O.
Largent
Fitzgerald

TE
Gates
Don’t know much about the O line off the top of my head, so I’ll leave that for now.

K
Tucker
I’ll even go punter and name my guy from childhood.
Roby

« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 12:13:45 am by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2022, 09:44:01 am »

Shoot, Tenshot...I might very well pick the same players. But, since I feel the overwhelming need to fly my 49ers colors:

QB: Joe Montana
RB: Roger Craig
WR: Jerry Rice, Terrell Owens
TE: Vernon Davis

Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 11:28:30 am »

QB-- Tom Brady

RB-- Jim Brown, Walter Payton

WR-- Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin

TE-- Rob Gronkowski, Tony Gonzalez

KR-- Desmond Howard, Deion Sanders

PR-- Devin Hester
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 01:19:35 pm »

I might have some controversial choices -- I don't think the way to build the best team is necessarily to pick the best player at every position, but rather guys that can do several things pretty well to play off each other.

Marino is my favorite player of all time, but if I were making a team like that, I'm not sure that he's the best choice at quarterback.  Marino would still be a stellar player today, but the ability to scramble really opens up the world.  It was definitely a hole in Marino's game -- he was good moving within the pocket, but he wasn't going to make a lot happen with his legs.

I think I might go with a guy like Aaron Rodgers at QB.

Similarly, Barry Sanders is the best pure runner I've ever seen, but I think in today's NFL, where you don't really pound the ball with a single player anymore, I might go with a guy like Marshall Faulk, who is a great runner, but also a great receiving option.

TE -- I think you can make a case for Travis Kelce, but there's still a lot of time left in his career.  I think Tony Gonzalez is another great choice.

WR -- I think that Randy Moss is a guaranteed spot because of how he stretches the field.  Maybe Calvin Johnson for the other spot, just on a receptions per game.

FB -- I'd love to go Czonka here, but I tend to think that more recent players would fare better -- it's hard to think that those older guys could keep up with the benefits the new guys have with training and nutrition and the varied skill set, so I think I'll go with Mike Alstott.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray