Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:41:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Kaepernick not standing for National Anthem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Kaepernick not standing for National Anthem  (Read 18428 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2022, 10:02:27 am »

Kaepernick didn't lose his job for kneeling, he lost his job because he sucked and the added extra attention for his activism wasn't worth the media headache. DeShaun Watson sat out a year on rape charges and the Browns just gave him the most guaranteed money ever. Why? Because his on field production was worth the headache, because winning matters above all.

If Kaepernick played at the level of DeShaun Watson, he could deny the holocaust after every TD celebration and the team and fans would just live with it. Tua can give an interview in Week 12 how we should kill all white people and I would still cheer as long as he was playing at an MVP level and I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way either.

Why does Ben Simmons get to act like a total pussy by refusing to play AND still get paid? Because he is very talented. That's really all it comes down to.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2022, 10:42:15 am »

I largely agree with Edge.

If Kaep was phenomenal, he'd be playing.  But as is, he was just "meh".  He was better than many backup QBs in the league, but it's just not worth it for many owners to bring in a media story for a backup QB role.  It's just not worth the press coverage and the QB situation is unique -- you don't want your starter looking in the rear-view all the time because the backup is getting all the eyes.  The same is true for guys like Tebow.

The only thing I'd take issue towards is if the owners had some kind of agreement with each other, expressed or otherwise, to not sign the guy.  That would be bad.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2022, 11:45:41 am »

^^^

Yes, if the owners colluded to blackball him, that is 100% bullshit and there should be fines and whatever else punishment is appropriate. I just don't think that happened in this case, but almost all the owners are scum so I'm not dismissing something like that could've happened. I mean, Ross was texting Brady when he was a Patriot, clearly some of these guys are very stupid and think they are untouchable.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2022, 08:49:45 am »

Aren't you guys sick of this shit already?  Not this subject in particular but the everyday nonsense here?  I'm trying to stick to the football sections because off topic is just a toxic mess, has been for a while now.  I'm doing my best to stay away from it, but still, gravedigging posts about even more politics that are ancient history at this point.  

This place kind of sucks now, I might be on my way out soon.  It's a shame since I've been here for twenty years, but shit man it isn't enjoyable here anymore.

I agree.   I may be forced to head back to Phinfever.com full time.   Dolphster and Pondwater are having a much better time over there.

But back to the topic.   Kaepernick isn't in the NFL because he isn't very good, he's a distraction, and coaches don't like him.   
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2022, 10:37:18 am »

Aren't you guys sick of this shit already?  Not this subject in particular but the everyday nonsense here?  I'm trying to stick to the football sections because off topic is just a toxic mess, has been for a while now.  I'm doing my best to stay away from it, but still, gravedigging posts about even more politics that are ancient history at this point.  

This place kind of sucks now, I might be on my way out soon.  It's a shame since I've been here for twenty years, but shit man it isn't enjoyable here anymore.

Hang in there dude.

I'm also sticking mainly to the relevant football sections, partly because you're world over there is a lot different from mine here in Australia... sometimes a different point of view from the over side may be appreciated and understood, but sometimes I know it definitely won't get a look in.

Famous last words I know, but I got a good feeling about this season. If that happens, this may be an interesting place to stick around.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2022, 12:19:35 pm »

I'm also sticking mainly to the relevant football sections, partly because you're world over there is a lot different from mine here in Australia... sometimes a different point of view from the over side may be appreciated and understood, but sometimes I know it definitely won't get a look in.

I appreciate your perspective as an outsider on the USA.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:06 pm »

I agree.   I may be forced to head back to Phinfever.com full time.   Dolphster and Pondwater are having a much better time over there.
Is Tommy also banned from Phinfever?  I notice they also have a poster named ArtieChokePhin who, just like the one that posts here, can't seem to keep Tommy's name out of his mouth.  So I'm going to guess the answer is yes.

On the bright side, at least our version of Landshark BuccaneerBrad ArtieChokePhin is smart enough not to try to mention here that Tommy was "right" about the Buccaneers winning a title.  I guess it's pretty obvious that such a claim would be... poorly received.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2022, 11:25:11 pm »

Tommy won't ever leave. A ban doesn't stop him. He'll just create another persona.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2022, 08:42:19 am »

Is Tommy also banned from Phinfever?  I notice they also have a poster named ArtieChokePhin who, just like the one that posts here, can't seem to keep Tommy's name out of his mouth.  So I'm going to guess the answer is yes.

On the bright side, at least our version of Landshark BuccaneerBrad ArtieChokePhin is smart enough not to try to mention here that Tommy was "right" about the Buccaneers winning a title.  I guess it's pretty obvious that such a claim would be... poorly received.

Yes, he's banned from that forum as well after announcing he flipped and then wouldn't quit talking about his man-crush Jameis Winston.  They don't allow fans of other teams to even be there, let alone be mods.   They also don't allow liberal fucktards like you, Hoodie, and Dave.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 08:51:43 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2022, 01:56:19 pm »

This place kind of sucks now, I might be on my way out soon.  It's a shame since I've been here for twenty years, but shit man it isn't enjoyable here anymore.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but in all of these cases, I feel that the topics are clearly defined.  A thread about Kaep's kneeling is going to have political discussions, because it is an intentional act of protest.  So long as the post is clearly labeled and not dragging other discussions off topic, I support it.

Also, I understand that political talk taking over the off-topic can seem overwhelming, but you gotta understand that we're in a country-defining moment.  This is akin to the turmoil that we went through in 1968, with assassinations and big cultural movements happening at the same time.

Maybe of us feel that our democracy is under siege, our rights are at risk, and our former President may be stealing nuclear weapons secrets with nefarious intent.  Those things are too big of a deal for "shut up and dribble" for many of us.  I would hate to lose you as poster, but I respect whatever choice you make.  However, I dont' think that we can compromise the integrity of the site, should people want to engage in these difficult conversations about the state of the country.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray