Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:33:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 3473 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 28, 2022, 10:25:12 am »

Starts tonight. Unless we make some big trade back into the first round to draft a middle linebacker or something it will be slow for most Dolphin fans. Kind of crazy 4 picks in the top 10 are coming out of New York.

1) Jacksonville Jaguars
2) Detroit Lions
3) Houston Texans
4) New York Jets
5) New York Giants

6) Carolina Panthers
7) New York Giants (from Chicago Bears)
Cool Atlanta Falcons
9) Seattle Seahawks (from Denver Broncos)
10) New York Jets (from Seattle Seahawks)

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 11:48:07 am »

and those new york teams will still suck
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 12:14:47 pm »

and those new york teams will still suck

Historically poor drafters. Filled with reaches and desperation picks. Thankfully for us, Jets have never had a Top pick when there was a good QB available for them to draft. They always had to take the Sam Darnolds and Zach Wilsons.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 01:39:59 pm »

Would have been a good year to hold the draft in Radio Music Hall. Grin

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 04:17:58 pm »

Historically poor drafters. Filled with reaches and desperation picks. Thankfully for us, Jets have never had a Top pick when there was a good QB available for them to draft. They always had to take the Sam Darnolds and Zach Wilsons.

They had an opportunity to have Dan Marino but instead they took Ken O'Brien who was nothing but average except when he played the Dolphins.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 05:02:20 pm »

Kind of a boring draft year for us.  I probably won't even watch any of it.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 09:47:37 pm »

They had an opportunity to have Dan Marino but instead they took Ken O'Brien who was nothing but average except when he played the Dolphins.
27 other teams could have drafted Marino but I think they all passed because he had a bad senior year at Pitt and was linked to some drug use? Dolphins historians on here can please  correct me if I’m wrong, or give more detail?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2022, 12:03:36 am »

With us being out of day one, I guess any interest would have stemmed from where we were prior to trades and who we could have possibly selected...

The massive slide of our pick from SF from them winning in playoffs took away most options. As widely predicted, all of the best talent at WR and OL went early. Linderbaum was snapped up before 29, so getting him to play C wasn't an option. By the time our pick was up (ironically now with New England), probably the best choice for us would have been LB Nakobe Dean, who as it turns out has somehow has slipped to day two.

Other points of interest were both the Bills and Jets going after corners in the first - I think that's the effect of us securing Tyreek Hill to go with Waddle, they both immediately thought they had to upgrade their secondary.

Then of course there's Philadelphia trading for A.J. Brown - like Miami trading for Hill, I think it was a smart move trading for an established product once the top WR options were gone, and like us they have the cap space to do it. On the flip side, I think it's disastrous for Tennessee - Tanny just lost his only deep threat, and can expect (along with Henry) to be absolutely smothered by defenses.

As widely predicted, the big runs today were on EDGE/defense line, WR, offensive line and secondary players. Only two tall, althetic (almost hybrid) players picked at LB, one QB, and for a draft supposedly deep at the TE position - none selected. As expected, no one at RB selected today.

Overall it's looking like the Dolphins made the right move trading out out of the first once our pick slid to 29. The talent we have got through trades and free agency look a far better option, and if we need to top up next year at least we have two firsts to do it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 09:29:22 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 04:18:20 am »

New Englands pick in the draft was Strange. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2022, 05:18:47 am »

Crazy first night.   The first five players picked were all defense.  The next seven were offense.  And you had SIX receivers taken in the first round, but only one QB.   
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2022, 09:48:29 am »

Surprising that Malik Mallis was not drafted. Raw but lots of talent. I think he goes with the first pick of the 2nd round. No way the Lions or Panthers are just going to stand back and go with Goff and Darnold for the future.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 10:14:21 am »

Surprising that Malik Mallis was not drafted. Raw but lots of talent. I think he goes with the first pick of the 2nd round. No way the Lions or Panthers are just going to stand back and go with Goff and Darnold for the future.

Tampa now has the first pick of the second round as they traded back with Jacksonville.   I think they will trade back with one of those two teams as they won't be drafting a QB.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2022, 10:32:32 am »

Tampa now has the first pick of the second round as they traded back with Jacksonville.   I think they will trade back with one of those two teams as they won't be drafting a QB.

Team has to think about the future unless they plan on blowing it up if Brady retires again after the season. Having a redshirt season under Tom Brady is very valuable, especially if he knows you aren't a threat.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2022, 10:42:42 am »

Team has to think about the future unless they plan on blowing it up if Brady retires again after the season. Having a redshirt season under Tom Brady is very valuable, especially if he knows you aren't a threat.
They already have that with Kyle Trask.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2022, 12:02:36 pm »

The Jets and Ravens, imo, owned the first round. The Jets got 3 impressive players, and the Ravens got two of my favorites in Kyyle Hamilton and Tyler Linderbaum. I expect both to be pro bowlers in just a few seasons.

...and the 49ers still have Deebo, despite all the trade rumors last night...

Both the 'Phins and Niners get to join the draft party tonight...should be interesting.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray