Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:49:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Select Georgia LB Channing Tindall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Select Georgia LB Channing Tindall  (Read 831 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 30, 2022, 10:34:09 am »

Dolphins selected Georgia LB Channing Tindall with the No. 102 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Tindall (6’2/230) opened eyes in 2021. He posted 67 tackles, 7.5 TFLs, and 5.5 sacks for the national champs. Georgia used Tindall as a role player and asked him to play assignment football. We think he can be more at the next level. Tindall was only sent after the passer on 102 snaps last fall and converted that into 26 pressures, an incredible 25.5% pressure rate. He’s also a reliable tackler and has improved yearly in coverage. In 205 coverage snaps last year, he only ceded 72 yards. With a 4.47 forty and 42-inch vertical jump, there aren’t many tasks on a football field he can't accomplish. Physically he’s reminiscent of Daryl Washington coming out of TCU.

Sounds like we got a good guy, very likely the best available player at the time.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2022, 04:47:56 pm »

He was expected to go in the second round. Mel Kiper said he could go top 40 picks. Either way … sounds like he fell into our laps so hopefully he pans out.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »

I think our draft is done. I really liked our first pick and.....yeah, that's about it.

Considering that we basically drafted Tyreek Hill, I give this draft an A.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2022, 07:46:21 pm »

I don’t really follow CFB but this sounds good. Considering where the pick is it’s pretty much only upside, and I’m happy with this years trades.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2022, 08:01:01 pm »

He's as good a prospect we could expect from where we were in the draft - after the run on the LB position in round three, there wasn't much left. Impressive speed on run stuffs and blitzes on a championship team, but limited time on field. It's great that we finally added some additional talent to the LB position, although he may not be a coverage guy which is what we desperately needed. We did pick up Cameron Goode later on who could be a zone guy, but I never expect much out of 7th round picks.

I would have liked us to taken a chance on Pierre Strong in round 4 who I thought could have added to the RB rotation system I think we have in mind (it's a pity we missed out on another massive slider Isaiah Spiller, who was snapped up by the Chargers two picks earlier). Overall though, I can't complain to much about what we got considering the low picks we had - we still must address the center position, but the huge run on OL players before we got to pick hurt the chance to do it here.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2022, 04:00:42 pm »

we still must address the center position, but the huge run on OL players before we got to pick hurt the chance to do it here.

JC Tretter is out there and right now makes all the sense in the world. Our O-Line is probably good enough as is but how can it ever hurt to add one of the best centers in the league for what will probably be below market value? He's a team leader too so he can maybe help Jackson and Eichenberg.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2022, 08:23:47 am »

JC Tretter is out there and right now makes all the sense in the world. Our O-Line is probably good enough as is but how can it ever hurt to add one of the best centers in the league for what will probably be below market value? He's a team leader too so he can maybe help Jackson and Eichenberg.
I'm hearing rumors that injuries have caught up to JC and retirement might be on the horizon.  It would explain why no one has signed him.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2022, 08:35:28 am »

I'm hearing rumors that injuries have caught up to JC and retirement might be on the horizon.  It would explain why no one has signed him.

He does have injuries but he plays through them. Just hard to imagine at 33 with a chance to go to a playoff team for a few million, he would retire. Then again, sometimes your body makes that decision for you.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 08:46:22 am »

He does have injuries but he plays through them. Just hard to imagine at 33 with a chance to go to a playoff team for a few million, he would retire. Then again, sometimes your body makes that decision for you.

And sometimes your body feels good to go one week, and so messed up the next.  That explains situations like Andrew Luck
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2022, 08:51:28 am »

Kind of funny how the team takes on the personality of the coach. Already they seem much more open than in the past.

“I imagine the first night will be more climatic in the future,” Mike McDaniel said when asked about his first NFL draft as an head coach. “It was good to get my feet wet, doing nothing.”

Grier did reveal that McDaniel had his heart set on selecting a tailback with Miami’s fourth-round pick, but when that player — either Georgia tailback Zamir White (who was selected 122 by the Raiders) or Texas A&M’s Isaiah Spiller (selected 123 by the Chargers) — got taken before Miami was on the clock with pick No. 125 McDaniel “fell out is chair.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2022, 09:39:24 am »

Kind of funny how the team takes on the personality of the coach. Already they seem much more open than in the past.

“I imagine the first night will be more climatic in the future,” Mike McDaniel said when asked about his first NFL draft as an head coach. “It was good to get my feet wet, doing nothing.”

Grier did reveal that McDaniel had his heart set on selecting a tailback with Miami’s fourth-round pick, but when that player — either Georgia tailback Zamir White (who was selected 122 by the Raiders) or Texas A&M’s Isaiah Spiller (selected 123 by the Chargers) — got taken before Miami was on the clock with pick No. 125 McDaniel “fell out is chair.”

The positive of this is the reaction that they seem really chuffed to select Tindall, like he was the guy they always wanted.

As for missing out on the tail back they wanted... that's par for the course with Grier now. Three years in a row.  Roll Eyes
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2022, 10:01:13 am »

Minutes after the draft we snapped up UDFA Kellen Diesch from the Sun Devils. He's another body into the mix, not sure if he's a possibility for Center though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray