Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:34:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tua was number 1 in the red zone last year (2021)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tua was number 1 in the red zone last year (2021)  (Read 406 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: May 05, 2022, 06:09:39 pm »

Interesting numbers on Tua. He had some bad moments and even struggled the whole game against the Titans but I think Tua is a much better qb than he has been given credit for. Hoping he has a break out season with these new weapons around him.

NFL analyst Warren Sharp brought one of those topics to light on Thursday, as he referenced Tua Tagovailoa’s success in the red zone. He gave us a list of the league’s top-10 red zone quarterbacks based on success rate, and Tagovailoa’s position on the list might be surprising to some.

top-10 red zone QBs in 2021*

1. Tua Tagovailoa
2. Josh Allen
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Lamar Jackson (tie)
4. Tom Brady
6. Ryan Tannehill
7. Jimmy Garoppolo
8. Kirk Cousins
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Teddy Bridgewater

*based on success rate (EPA>0), min 50 att

With the injuries and inconsistencies in Miami’s offense in 2021, Tagovailoa was pretty successful when they were in close. In the red zone, he had the league’s best completion percentage (65.4%), third-best touchdown percentage (28.8%), second-lowest sack percentage (1.8%) and sixth-best passer rating (101.3).

Typically, those numbers would lead to some pretty great seasons, but, at the very best, Tagovailoa’s season was considered average. If he can replicate those numbers with the playmakers that he has around him in 2022, the Dolphins should be set up for a better result.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/05/dolphins-tua-tagovailoa-red-zone-2021/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray