Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:54:37 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I find the Amber Heard obsession to be very weird.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I find the Amber Heard obsession to be very weird.  (Read 1259 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: May 11, 2022, 10:08:18 am »

I am struggling with how to put this into words....

I feel like there's something upsetting about how people are taking joy in Amber Heard's comeuppance.

I am definitely in the camp that it is totally terrible when women lie or use their gender to make false accusations against men.  Faking assault, sexual abuse, etc -- just fucking terrible because it sets everything back for the vast, vast majority of cases where this is happening for real and it also keeps victims in the shadows.

That said, I can't help but feel that people's joy in her lying is rooted in something gross, like some weird sexism obsession.

Also, this doesn't exonerate Depp as being generally shitty.

By all accounts, this is a grotesque, damaging, completely toxic relationship.  Even though he may not be a physical abuser and she might be one -- he is still bad in this.  He's part of acting terribly and being a drug-addict with bad, abusive behavior.

No defense of Heard here.  That bitch crazy and toxic.  However, it seems that Depp is too.

And I see so many people with Heard bad, Depp good mentality that it gives me the creeps.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 10:34:01 am »

I have not been following this specific case. 

But isolated cases of false accusation gives cover to all the predators who don’t believe actual consent is necessary. 

This is standard right-wing “whataboutism”.

Less than 1% of food stamp recipients commit abuse.  But a few isolated examples are proof the system needs to be abolished.

Immigrants commit less crimes than natural born citizens, but a single criminal can be used to justify shutting our borders.

A person illegally casting a ballot is extremely rare, but the hypothetical possibility is enough to engage in widespread voter suppression.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 11:02:55 am »

I don't see a conservative/liberal bias in the piling-on, though.  It seems like everyone is getting their licks in.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 02:39:24 pm »

I have not been following this specific case.  

But isolated cases of false accusation gives cover to all the predators who don’t believe actual consent is necessary.  

This is standard right-wing “whataboutism”.

Less than 1% of food stamp recipients commit abuse.  But a few isolated examples are proof the system needs to be abolished.

Immigrants commit less crimes than natural born citizens, but a single criminal can be used to justify shutting our borders.

A person illegally casting a ballot is extremely rare, but the hypothetical possibility is enough to engage in widespread voter suppression.
"I have not been following this specific case, but let me tell you why right-wing bad.". This might be your worst bait yet, it barely has any connection to the subject at all.

I personally don't care.  It's rich people with rich people problems.  I don't get why everyone is obsessed with it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 02:49:40 pm »

This is barely on my radar. I did find her shitting on the bed hilarious though.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2022, 02:55:35 pm »

This is barely on my radar.

I manage to not see celebrity news, because I'm just not in those circles, but this has become a meme of sorts -- it's showing up all over Reddit, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

I hear people bitch about Kim Kardashian, but in my life, she's not there -- I don't seek her out, thus I never see or hear from her.  She has a show I don't watch and that's the end of it.  But this Amber Heard thing is popping up everywhere I already am.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2022, 05:08:24 pm »

Other than memes and a news release here or there I haven't paid attention. I agree with Dave that they are both freaking toxic. I read this morning from someone that they belive tht although Depp is more "liked" that they both were more likely to lose. I do think he will work again as although he is a nutball he is a very talented one.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2022, 08:43:11 am »

I am not against him taking out a suit against her.  What he's doing in this case, defending his reputation, is important for people to do.  And if she is lying about it (which I think she is), it's good that he clears his name of her accusations and I hope it dissuades others from using the movement to give women more agency for their own personal agendas to take down men who are innocent of those claims.

But the schadenfreude that she's experiencing is the part that bothers me.  It's like people are glad that she's a liar or something.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 05:18:15 pm »

"I have not been following this specific case, but let me tell you why right-wing bad.". This might be your worst bait yet, it barely has any connection to the subject at all.

A mod derailing threads on his own board??   What's this world coming to??   Roll Eyes
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 09:16:34 am »

I am not against him taking out a suit against her.  What he's doing in this case, defending his reputation, is important for people to do.  And if she is lying about it (which I think she is), it's good that he clears his name of her accusations and I hope it dissuades others from using the movement to give women more agency for their own personal agendas to take down men who are innocent of those claims.

But the schadenfreude that she's experiencing is the part that bothers me.  It's like people are glad that she's a liar or something.
Looks like she is purposely trying to make herself look bad.

Amber Heard's new PR guru hired to paint Johnny Depp as an alcohol-bingeing abuser has two DUI arrests, left two jobs after sexual harassment claims and is known as 'the walking #MeToo case' in industry circles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10789633/Amber-Heards-new-PR-guru-two-DUI-arrests-twice-accused-sexual-harassment.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2022, 09:29:50 am »

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  Why is that newspaper running mainstream articles on her PR person?   They seem to get glee in it.

Although, the Daily Mail is such a fucking piece of shit gossip rag -- it's the Enquirer for Brits.  They get off on shitting on Megan Merkle too.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 09:58:45 am »

Prior to reading this thread, I had zero clue that Depp was even in the news.

...and I will try earnestly to forget about it just as quickly...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 10:00:09 am »

That's kind of what I'm getting at.  Why is that newspaper running mainstream articles on her PR person?   They seem to get glee in it.

Although, the Daily Mail is such a fucking piece of shit gossip rag -- it's the Enquirer for Brits.  They get off on shitting on Megan Merkle too.
Merkle is similar to Heard as she gives them so much to work with. You know as well as I do the media is doing it because people click on it. Once people quit paying attention they move n to something else ... unless you are CNN. They continued to beat the Trump dead horse until they have no one left to watch.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 10:20:09 am »

Merkle is similar to Heard as she gives them so much to work with. You know as well as I do the media is doing it because people click on it. Once people quit paying attention they move n to something else ... unless you are CNN. They continued to beat the Trump dead horse until they have no one left to watch.

Classic example of projection.  “People?” no its you. You are literally the only person I know who regularly posts links to the daily mail.  Don’t know what your fascination is with UKs right-wing unreliable gossip tabloid but you sure do love to link to it.

I sometimes watch CNN, very little of the coverage is about Trump these days. 

I don’t know who Merkle is are you referring to Angela Merkel or Meghan Markle? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 01:07:28 pm »

Trump was also the president, the current presumptive nominee of a major political party, and is currently under investigations.  News about him is still relevant.

Markle is essentially a nothing unless you choose her to be something.  She's an actress and former royal.
Heard is an actress most people don't even know.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray