Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:11:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2022 NHL Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 2022 NHL Playoffs  (Read 4022 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2022, 09:59:07 am »

Lol. That didn't take long. It's just that ice hockey being played in a region that doesn't naturally support ice is wrong to me. Believe me, I even think that playing the Stanley Cup Finals in June is odd no matter where it's being played.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 10:12:52 am »

It's not like the players have to be from the region.  They're all Russians and shit anyway.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 10:23:38 am »

I know, but Florida doesn't even get cold. It's just a weird place for hockey

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 10:33:57 am »

I know, but Florida doesn't even get cold. It's just a weird place for hockey 

You mean like Phoenix, Los Angeles, Dallas, Las Vegas, Anaheim, Nashville and San Jose?

That's 10 of the league's 32 teams in warm weather markets...apparently the NHL is embracing the weirdness. ;-)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2022, 10:42:08 am »

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd? That's ok with me. Actually One of my first NHL games was a Sharks game in San Jose. It was their inaugural season. LOved it. Loved the Sharks. Came back home to Boston all loaded up with Sharks gear. T shirts, Hat, pennant. Couldn't wear any of that stuff around town because that logo became a street gang symbol.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2022, 10:46:25 am »

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd? That's ok with me. Actually One of my first NHL games was a Sharks game in San Jose. It was their inaugural season. LOved it. Loved the Sharks. Came back home to Boston all loaded up with Sharks gear. T shirts, Hat, pennant. Couldn't wear any of that stuff around town because that logo became a street gang symbol.

Every NHL game I have seen (6-7) were all Panthers games. However, I watched a handful of minor league hockey games in Seattle and Kamloops before I got to the NHL.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2022, 10:57:07 am »

Lol. That didn't take long. It's just that ice hockey being played in a region that doesn't naturally support ice is wrong to me. Believe me, I even think that playing the Stanley Cup Finals in June is odd no matter where it's being played.

There are a ton of Canadians living in Lauderdale By The Sea and the surrounding area.   That's why they moved the Panthers to Broward County.   Hockey in South Florida isn't as far fetched as you may think.

With that in mind, I should've gone to the Heat game.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2022, 10:58:40 am »

There can be hockey teams anywhere, just stop changing around the divisions and playoff formats. Bring back the Patrick Division you bastards!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2022, 12:43:21 pm »

I am with you only cities with natural ice should have hockey.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2022, 01:06:38 pm »

I am with you only cities with natural ice should have hockey.

There's plenty of snow in Miami.... just not the kind you have to shovel off your driveway in the winter.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2022, 02:43:56 pm »

While we've alway had ice skating rinks we now have hockey leagues here in the Orlando area for kids and adults. It's taken off in recent years. I have a nephew and neice who play.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2022, 06:31:59 pm »

It's not about the weather, it's about the culture.  In Canada, New England, and the Great Lakes area, hockey is more of a cultural staple than it is in Miami, Tampa, Phoenix, or Los Angeles.  It's like having a football team in Puerto Rico or a basketball team in Calgary.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2022, 02:06:00 am »

Tampa had the number one attendance in the league. What about culture?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2022, 09:38:54 am »

Tampa loves it's hockey
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2022, 12:13:39 pm »

Tampa had the number one attendance in the league. What about culture?

I'm sure winning two Stanley Cups in a row had something to do with that.   After the Panthers miracle run in 1996, attendance for their games was at an all time high.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray