Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:29:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2022 NHL Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 2022 NHL Playoffs  (Read 4019 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2022, 01:36:26 pm »

I'm sure winning two Stanley Cups in a row had something to do with that.   After the Panthers miracle run in 1996, attendance for their games was at an all time high.
Top 10 attendance since the 2012-2013 season. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2022, 02:24:54 pm »

Need to do better than that to deserve a team.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2022, 12:40:15 pm »

2-0 Tampa, wooo
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2022, 02:51:39 pm »

Need to do better than that to deserve a team.

Like actually score on penalties, or not allow a goal in the final seconds.   That's why the Panthers are as good as done for the year.   Cup winning teams are able to score on power plays and kill penalties.   Tampa does that very well.  Florida does not.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2022, 07:56:51 am »

And just like that, the Panthers get swept.   Don't tell me this was a good season.  It wasn't.   When you have the best record in your conference and get swept by your rivals in the second round, it's not a good season.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2022, 08:00:44 am »

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2022, 08:10:46 am »

Tampa is going for that ever elusive three-peat! Only five teams have ever won three straight championships and no team has pulled the feat off in nearly 40 years.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:12:35 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2022, 09:54:10 am »

And just like that, the Panthers get swept.   Don't tell me this was a good season.  It wasn't.   When you have the best record in your conference and get swept by your rivals in the second round, it's not a good season.

Agreed. It's one thing to lose in 7 but to get destroyed in the 2nd round after going 7 games in the 1st is a terrible playoff run and almost negates the entire season. You gotta have a certain toughness to do well in the NHL Playoffs, during the offseason I bet they get some tough guys like the Rangers did.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2022, 02:12:43 pm »

Agreed. It's one thing to lose in 7 but to get destroyed in the 2nd round after going 7 games in the 1st is a terrible playoff run and almost negates the entire season. You gotta have a certain toughness to do well in the NHL Playoffs, during the offseason I bet they get some tough guys like the Rangers did.

Last time they did that, they ended up missing the playoffs the following season.  Essa Tiakenen was his name,  I think.

Back to the present.   This team had one of the best offenses in a long time in all of hockey.  Averaged over 4 goals per game.  They averaged .75 goals per game in the Lightning series and were a horrendous 1 for 31 on power plays in the playoffs.  That's gotta fucking hurt.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:16:41 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2022, 03:23:43 pm »

I still think it's a successful season.  I know that traditionally, it would suck, but just in terms of local relevance, the Panthers have made noise and people have cared, talked about, gone to the games -- there's been a buzz, which there hasn't been here in a long time.

That probably doesn't matter in many hockey markets, but here, it does.  It gives you something to build on and there will probably be excitement into next season.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2022, 07:42:05 am »

I still think it's a successful season.  I know that traditionally, it would suck, but just in terms of local relevance, the Panthers have made noise and people have cared, talked about, gone to the games -- there's been a buzz, which there hasn't been here in a long time.

That probably doesn't matter in many hockey markets, but here, it does.  It gives you something to build on and there will probably be excitement into next season.

You may be right, but in hockey, things can change quickly from year to year.   In 1996, the Panthers made that miracle run to the Stanley Cup finals.   Two years later, they were out of the playoffs with a losing record.

Last year, the Lightning beat the Islanders in the ECF and the Canadiens in the Stanley Cup Finals.  This year, neither of those two teams made the playoffs and the Islanders replaced their coach.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray