Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:17:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins 2022 Schedule
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins 2022 Schedule  (Read 1994 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2022, 03:21:17 pm »

Granted sample size is small but so far 100% of all teams with 10+ wins made the playoffs.  100% of the 8 wins or less missed the playoffs.  One team was 9-7-1 and made it; of the 9-8 teams 1 out of 3 made it.  So it appears the same so far.  Most of the time 10 wins gets you in, 8 won’t and 9 is a crapshoot. 

BTW In theory you can make the playoffs and win your division with only 3 wins.  (would require all four teams in the division to go 3-14). Also A 17-0 team could be the #2 seed and not get a bye.  A 16-1 team could be a wildcard.  I haven’t worked out if a 15-2 team could miss the playoffs, but under the old system a 14-2 could in theory miss the playoffs. 

Thanks for this.

It actually really helps me contextualize it.  Seems the same as before.

So, 9 wins maybe.  10 wins and you're probably in.  Dolphins seem to be around 9 wins to me and we seem to be on the cusp of being a playoff team to me, too, so that makes sense.  I think you just gotta hope to steal a win you didn't think you'd get ....just one.  And hold on to the ones you need.

I drink your milkshake!
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2022, 12:21:28 am »

Not to be a nit pick dave but you forgot the bears game in between the lions and browns. It should bump up your rating system to at least a 9. I would think it should be .75 at least
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 12:23:06 am by raptorsfan29 » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2022, 07:45:37 am »

^ That's definitely not nitpicking.  If I forgot a game, that's significant.  I'll re-evaluate.

I added the Bears at .5 wins so that brings us to 9 wins.....essentially the same result.  Likely no playoffs unless we can steal a win somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 07:50:18 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 06:33:41 pm »

Dolphins made some upgrades here and there, but so did every team.  But there is nothing that screams massive upgrade.  The online is still suspect.  You have a better WR, but the QB while accurate at short distances doesn’t have a long ball.   I don’t see any dramatic change good or bad for the Dolphins.  8 -10 wins.  +/- 1 game from last year.  BTW  I have the same prediction for NE +/-1 so 9-11.

C'mon Miami upgraded RB, WR, OL, and hopefully coaching (especially the O-line).  The defense has really carried them to wins the last two years.  Probably most importantly Miami didn't lose any core players.  The only question mark is Tua - will he be healthy for the entire year AND can he actually be the QB that he was projected to be coming out of college.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray