Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:21:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: We have too many fucking police, if police have time to do this.  (Read 2550 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2022, 01:21:13 pm »

Because it's not and you're full of shit.

Crime in youth is way, way, way, way down.  High school graduation rate is way, way, way up.

What a moronic lie to tell.  You should be ashamed of yourself for making up such bullshit out of thin air.
This lie is necessary in order to prop up the belief system of a large portion of our society.

See, if society IS better today - in real, measurable statistics - than it was 40 years ago, then much of the clamoring about the moral decay of the republic becomes hollow.  So it is essential to claim that events - crime, graduation rates, teen pregnancy, etc. - are worse today, even if they're better.

The United States of the '70s and '80s was a lawless, crime-ridden hellscape compared to the country today.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2022, 02:28:37 pm »

I am all for debate and difference of opinion, but I can't believe someone would just make up lies.

And it's not just better today.  It's way, way better today.  Graduation rates are like....20% higher or something like that since just 15 years ago in Florida.  And crime has been down pretty steadily since the late 1980s, I think.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2022, 02:43:48 pm »

I am all for debate and difference of opinion, but I can't believe someone would just make up lies.

Have you been paying attention for the past few years?

Making up lies and disregarding basic facts is the standard of the right now.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2022, 03:08:33 pm »

It's not a lie if you believe it.

It is an article of faith among conservatives that crime is obviously worse today than in the '80s, that children are obviously less moral, that graduation is obviously down and teen pregnancy is obviously up.   I mean, Have You Seen What The Teen Girls Are Wearing These Days?  They're practically hookers!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2022, 01:34:03 pm »

Guess who has joined our cause to "Defund the police"........

DEFUND THE FBI! - Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

Welcome to cause.  

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2022, 01:42:29 pm »

Guess who has joined our cause to "Defund the police"........

DEFUND THE FBI! - Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

Welcome to cause.  

That's not really a late join. Many Republicans have said to break up the FBI (at least at the top) since their handling of Hillary, the pissing Russian dossier of Trump, the damning texts between agent lovers, and many other things. Like the IRS the FBI has appeared to be a weapon of the left and less and less like a separate policing entity. If they don't explain themsleves soon it may get worse as some Democrats are even questioning the timing of the Trump raid. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2022, 01:52:55 pm »

That's not really a late join. Many Republicans have said to break up the FBI (at least at the top) since their handling of Hillary, the pissing Russian dossier of Trump, the damning texts between agent lovers, and many other things. Like the IRS the FBI has appeared to be a weapon of the left and less and less like a separate policing entity. If they don't explain themsleves soon it may get worse as some Democrats are even questioning the timing of the Trump raid.  

Are you aware that the head of the FBI at the time of every one of these investigations are Republicans?

The current director of the FBI who approved this search was appointed to the position by Trump himself.

Also how can you claim defunding the police will result in an increase in state crime and not be equally worried that defunding the FBI won't result in an increase in Federal crimes. I don't know about you, but if one or two folks gett away with spray painting graffiti that doesn't seem as bad as not investigating money laundering or terrorism

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:18:00 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray