Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:23:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I am NOT comparing Trump to Hitler.....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I am NOT comparing Trump to Hitler.....  (Read 705 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: August 10, 2022, 07:39:51 pm »

But Trump is.  While in office he complained that his Generals are not as loyal as the German Generals were in WW2.  When he was told that those Generals actually tried to kill Hitler three times, he denied that basic historical fact and said that Hitlers generals were very loyal.

For those of you that are not yet convinced Trump wanted to be a dictator, what more evidence do you need?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 08:11:20 pm »

Along with "Grab 'em by the pussy," "Russia, if you’re listening, find her emails," and "Take the guns first, go through due process second," this is yet another example of the long list of Trump quotes which, if said by Obama, Republicans would... well, Republicans would do a January 6th.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2022, 10:59:37 am »

This one is different in that he is actually comparing himself to Hitler.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2022, 12:57:06 pm »

Quote from: Donald Trump
If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?

The mob takes the Fifth Amendment.

Only the guilty takes the 5th Amendment

I plead the 5th Amendment
 440 times

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2022, 01:48:26 pm »

Not saying that is beyond reaching but you are tryig to say that Trump = a guy who murdered from 15,003,000 to 31,595,000 people, most likely 20,946,000 men, women, handicapped, aged, sick, prisoners of war, forced laborers, camp inmates, critics, homosexuals, Jews, Slavs, Serbs, Germans, Czechs, Italians, Poles, French, Ukrainians, and many others.

Hell, even the Clintons are linked almost triple digits of coincidental deaths and suicides. Trump, not so much. If he had killed someone everyone and their brothers would have known because he likes to brag. Killing doesn't appear to be his thing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 02:10:47 pm »

The Clinton Death Squads make their illustrious return to the TDMMC Off-Topic forum!

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 02:11:50 pm »

Not saying that is beyond reaching but you are tryig to say that Trump = a guy who murdered from 15,003,000 to 31,595,000 people, most likely 20,946,000 men, women, handicapped, aged, sick, prisoners of war, forced laborers, camp inmates, critics, homosexuals, Jews, Slavs, Serbs, Germans, Czechs, Italians, Poles, French, Ukrainians, and many others.

I am not saying Trump is a mass murderer.  I have never claimed that.  

Trump is racist.  Trump's policy of separating refugee children from their parents was evil.  But not Holocaust level of evil.  On the spectrum of evil, worse than FDRs racist treatment of Asian Americans, but not as evil as Hitler's racist policies.  

Trump is NOT as evil as Hitler.  Even his  two comments about shooting people in the legs shows this.  Both his wanting boarder patrol to shoot migrants in the leg to slow them down and to shoot protesters in Layette park in the leg shows he is not as evil as Hitler.  Hitler would have undoubtedly had them murdered.  Trump is not as bad as Hitler.  But still bad.  There is a lot of room in the category of "not as evil as Hitler" to still be extremely evil.  

But his comment about wanting the same level of personal loyalty from people who swear an allegiance not to a person but to the country and Constitution, as he thought Hitler had does show Trump is as power hungry as Hitler was.  As I said, I am not comparing Trump to Hitler, Trump is comparing himself to Hitler.  

I would also add, there was a popular meme attacking Obama with the theme "Hitler gave nice speeches too"  Yeah, both Hitler and Obama were good speakers.  So was Lincoln, MLK, Churchill and many successful leaders.  There has also been leaders that were less than eloquent such as W, Bill Clinton, and the current and former presidents. Giving good speeches is hardly a predictive of an authoritarian as the right tried to claim while opposing Obama.  On the other hand if look at Lawrence Britt's  "The 14 Characteristics of Fascism" written in  2003. Trump checks off all the boxes just as well as the likes of Hitler, Mussalini, Stalin or Pol Pot does.  Obama nor Clinton doesn't hit any of the characteristics.  W and Reagan hit a few, but not nearly enough to call them Fascists.     
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:34:27 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 02:24:40 pm »

Outside of this argument ... I think we can agree that Hitler was defined by his reign of genocide. Kind of funny you'd focus more on something as silly as his hair color to compare a person to.

I'm not just picking on you and I realize you don't care .... but it's a pet peeve of mine when anyone gets called Hitler or something similar, all it does is trivilize what the bastard did. It was pretty freaking bad and few things compare.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »

Outside of this argument ... I think we can agree that Hitler was defined by his reign of genocide. Kind of funny you'd focus more on something as silly as his hair color to compare a person to.

I'm not just picking on you and I realize you don't care .... but it's a pet peeve of mine when anyone gets called Hitler or something similar, all it does is trivilize what the bastard did. It was pretty freaking bad and few things compare.

Hitler was defined by his genocide, along with his unfettered quest for absolute power, his expectation of absolute loyalty, his dilutions of grander, his use of scapegoating, his use of populistic nationalism and his paranoia. 

Once again.  I am not comparing Trump to Hitler on the basis of level of murder.   And  I am certainly not comparing him to Hitler on the basis of them having equally bad comb-over hairstyles.  I wasn't a fan of Michal Jordan's mustache.  But I didn't think it was that big of deal.  

BUT CAN I MAKE THIS ANY CLEARER.....

TRUMP COMAPARED HIMSELF TO HITLER.  

The only people who compare themselves to Hitler are neo-nazis.  

« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 03:04:22 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 04:52:09 pm »

I've always thought the more apt comparison historically was Mussolini than hitler for trump.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 05:44:28 pm »

I've always thought the more apt comparison historically was Mussolini than hitler for trump.

I would agree with that.  I think he models himself after Putin and Kim Jong-un rather than either of Hitler or Mussolini.  And he has complained openly about having less power than those two. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 05:52:56 pm »

In other news....  Eric Trump has publicly stated that the Trump administration routinely interfered in the DOJ. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray