Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 08:07:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Nineteen children under the age of 10 killed in TX school shooting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Nineteen children under the age of 10 killed in TX school shooting  (Read 8015 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2022, 03:57:42 pm »

Scumbags like Ted Cruz say we should arm the teachers.  How should we expect teachers to confront armed killers when THE COPS are too afraid to do it themselves?

These "make it so there is only one door in and out" responses are mind-bendingly stupid.  Do we also need dozens of kids to die in the next fire as a sacrifice to the gun god?

The teachers would be also trying to save themselves.  The cops wouldn't confront the shooter because they don't want to put themselves in danger.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2022, 04:10:56 pm »

The important thing is that no cops died.  They are the real heroes!

As the famous saying goes, "Better to be judged by twelve let twelve kids be executed than be carried by six."

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2022, 04:20:08 pm »

but if we changed the law, almost nobody would become a cop.

I strongly doubt that.  Every year hundreds of thousand of Americans join the US military committing to put themselves directly in harms way if necessary.  Firefighters enter burning building to save strangers.  Punks that aren't willing to do either of those things but want to be tough guys with a gun join the police force.  

It is true that if cops were required to do their jobs, there would be less cops.  But that is okay.  Any cop who would hesitate to put themselves between a gunman and school child is useless, in fact worse than useless as they suck up tax dollars and rather than serve and protect they harass anyone they can.  

We have way too many cops.  Get rid of any cop that isn't willing to put his life on the line to protect children.  Shrink the police force.  Remove responsibilities from the police department that would be better served by other agencies -- homelessness, mental illness, etc. and use the money saved by having a smaller police force on those other agencies.      

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2022, 04:21:28 pm »

I strongly doubt that.  Every year hundreds of thousand of Americans join the US military committing to put themselves directly in harms way if necessary.  Firefighters enter burning building to save strangers.  Punks that aren't willing to do either of those things but want to be tough guys with a gun join the police force.  

It is true that if cops were required to do their jobs, there would be less cops.  But that is okay.  Any cop who would hesitate to put themselves between a gunman and school child is useless, in fact worse than useless as they suck up tax dollars and rather than serve and protect they harass anyone they can.  

We have way too many cops.  Get rid of any cop that isn't willing to put his life on the line to protect children.  Shrink the police force.  Remove responsibilities from the police department that would be better served by other agencies -- homelessness, mental illness, etc. and use the money saved by having a smaller police force on those other agencies.      

The Chauvin verdict caused many cops to quit.  Apparently, they think kneeling on somebody's neck until they die should be allowed.  Imagine how many cops would quit if you required them to actually protect the people who pay their salaries.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2022, 04:30:55 pm »

The Chauvin verdict caused many cops to quit.  Apparently, they think kneeling on somebody's neck until they die should be allowed.  Imagine how many cops would quit if you required them to actually protect the people who pay their salaries.

A few cops may have quit in wake of Chauvin, but certainly not many.  But I wish more did.  Any cop who had a problem with the Chauvin verdict is a menace on society. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2022, 05:33:42 pm »

If you, as a cop, aren't willing to put your life on the line to save a classroom full of third-graders being executed one-by-one literally in the next room, WTF use are you?  What possible value do you have left to offer when you are unwilling to do the most fundamentally basic Good Thing a cop can do?

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2022, 06:01:56 pm »

If you, as a cop, aren't willing to put your life on the line to save a classroom full of third-graders being executed one-by-one literally in the next room, WTF use are you?  What possible value do you have left to offer when you are unwilling to do the most fundamentally basic Good Thing a cop can do?

They have more important things to do like handcuffing a 3rd grader for refusing to remove their sunglasses in class.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2022, 07:52:04 am »

Who would bust all the hippies and brown people for minor marijuana possession?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2022, 11:33:55 am »

Inside the safest schools in America NBC News

https://youtu.be/kcpsnrxHdCc

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2022, 12:06:13 pm »

Inside the safest schools in America NBC News

https://youtu.be/kcpsnrxHdCc

Only  $52.5 billion dollars to put such a system in every school in the USA.  For a system that wouldn't actually stop school shooting, but would be reasonable effective at limiting the carnage to one or two class rooms
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 12:11:53 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2022, 03:57:39 pm »

I corrected the title.  RIP

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2022, 04:14:22 pm »

Again, why do we give cops guns and body armor and all this absurd military surplus equipment meant to put down uprisings in Fallujah if they won't use any of it to stop third-graders from being executed 10 feet away?

Might as well totally disarm the police if that's the case.  Looks like the only time they want to shoot people is if they are unarmed.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2022, 08:57:05 am »

I have seen first hand how police do not want to interact with "armed" suspects. a few years ago when I worked from home a suspect in a stolen vehicle was chased nto my neighbborhood, which wasnt a smart turn if you are familiar with my nighborhood at all. I was in my office and my roomate came to get me to tell me about the excitement. When we walked outside the guy was in my yard asking two of my friends that were over for a cigarette. the police just sat down the street with an armed suspect interacting with residents (my neighbor let the guy inside to get water). We gave him his last smoke and told him he needed togo ahead down the street and get into his ride with the cops. We had to do the police's job for them.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2022, 10:54:02 am »

Did you guys get any kind of recognition from the police or town you live in for turning a suspect over to the cops? And what is it about your neighborhood that is a bad idea for turning into if you’re running from police?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2022, 12:41:48 pm »

Did you guys get any kind of recognition from the police or town you live in for turning a suspect over to the cops? And what is it about your neighborhood that is a bad idea for turning into if you’re running from police?

All we got was a search of my property looking for the gun he tossed. The reason it's a bad idea is because there is only one entrance/exit. There is no way to get a vehicle out.

Strangely this wasn't the only chase to end at my house.  For the second I was in my office again when I heard tires screech and a loud thud. I looked outside and couldn't see anything so I stepped outside to get a full view. I spotted a car up the side/back of my house. I could see the front wheel was mangled and three young people getting out. I could tell they somehow hit the oak tree root sticking up and immediately asked if everyone was ok. They seemed off and I noticed the out of state tags so I knew something was wrong.  I went back inside, grabbed a gun, locked up and had the roommate call 911. The cops handcuffed the two older ones and had the youngest get her belongings from the car. I never heard how it all played out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray