Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tyreek says Mahomes isn’t as accurate as Tua
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Tyreek says Mahomes isn’t as accurate as Tua  (Read 1713 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2022, 09:14:50 am »

Honestly I thought the accuracy thing was a given. Tua has always had the reputation of putting the ball on the money more times than not. The two things I got from this podcast is that active players shouldn't be doing podcasts and media will make a huge deal out of nothing. Thank goodness Mahomes and Andy Reid handled it well or this could have gotten much bigger.

They absolutely should not be doing podcasts. The media has very little to do in the offseason but they still need to write columns, so they will jump over everything you say.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 08:38:03 am »

Tyreek Hill says he recieved death threats after the comparison. What the hell is wrong with people?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 09:12:29 am »

Tyreek Hill says he recieved death threats after the comparison. What the hell is wrong with people?

With billions of people having the ability to send emails, it's not surprising death threats are sent. Highly doubt they are credible, just some complete loser who takes sports way too seriously sending an email with many misspelled words.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2022, 09:24:35 am »

With billions of people having the ability to send emails, it's not surprising death threats are sent. Highly doubt they are credible, just some complete loser who takes sports way too seriously sending an email with many misspelled words.
No I get that. I just mean how low IQ do you have to be to think this kind of thing is appropriate? It doesn't matter what side you are on there are tons of idiots doing this kind of thing. Should be a blanket punishment for making death threats where you automatically get 5 years in prison with no chance of passing go and getting out early.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2022, 09:49:17 pm »

No I get that. I just mean how low IQ do you have to be to think this kind of thing is appropriate? It doesn't matter what side you are on there are tons of idiots doing this kind of thing. Should be a blanket punishment for making death threats where you automatically get 5 years in prison with no chance of passing go and getting out early.

I have friends in the legal profession.  They told me that the State of Florida passed a law making any written threat a second degree felony which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.  This includes threats sent over electronic communications.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2022, 10:10:27 pm »

I have friends in the legal profession.  They told me that the State of Florida passed a law making any written threat a second degree felony which is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.  This includes threats sent over electronic communications.
Your friends sound very knowledgeable and well-informed on this topic.

Maybe they've had a client before who was on one side or the other of one of these types of cases.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:17:52 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 02:18:07 am »

Your friends sound very knowledgeable and well-informed on this topic.

Maybe they've had a client before who was on one side or the other of one of these types of cases.

Considering one of them is a secretary in the State Attorney's office for Miami-Dade County, you would be correct on that assumption.

That being said, I really don't see the difference between telling someone to their face that you're gonna beat their ass and texting it to them.  A threat is a threat, regardless of how it's delivered, and it should be dealt with accordingly.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 08:29:44 am »

Considering one of them is a secretary in the State Attorney's office for Miami-Dade County, you would be correct on that assumption.

That being said, I really don't see the difference between telling someone to their face that you're gonna beat their ass and texting it to them.  A threat is a threat, regardless of how it's delivered, and it should be dealt with accordingly.

You can argue that a face to face threat could be "heat of the moment" where a written threat requires more thinking. Not saying that is true in every case, but it's an argument the defendant can make.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2022, 03:35:50 pm »

Didn't really know where to put this but I thought this was a shareable quote. Even after giving himself time to think about his whole career coach stood by his statement as he was being interviwed for the Dan Le Batard Show

"It's the most accurate, catchable ball I've ever seen." – Dolphins Head Coach Mike McDaniel on what he's seen so far from Tua Tagovailoa.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2022, 04:13:00 pm »

Didn't really know where to put this but I thought this was a shareable quote. Even after giving himself time to think about his whole career coach stood by his statement as he was being interviwed for the Dan Le Batard Show

"It's the most accurate, catchable ball I've ever seen." – Dolphins Head Coach Mike McDaniel on what he's seen so far from Tua Tagovailoa.

Remember, Tua's #1 praise all through college was accuracy. Even last year he had that ridiculous string of games with over 80% completions. Give him more time to throw and those accurate passes go from 6 yard slants to 20 yarders and more.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 07:36:45 pm »

Remember, Tua's #1 praise all through college was accuracy. Even last year he had that ridiculous string of games with over 80% completions. Give him more time to throw and those accurate passes go from 6 yard slants to 20 yarders and more.

Well that's true of practically every NFL QB; more time equals more and longer completions.  The fact is that you have to deal with what you are given; whether that means scrambling for an extra second or two, stepping up into the pocket, or just having a clearer vision of the playing field.  Tua has to get it done this year, or else.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2022, 12:03:51 pm »

and those accurate passes go from 6 yard slants to 20 yarders and more.

*IF* he can have the same accuracy at 20+ yards as he has at 6, then yeah, he will be a great QB.  But then again if *I* was just as accurate behind the three point line as *I* am at layups *I* would be an NBA star. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2022, 01:38:30 pm »

*IF* he can have the same accuracy at 20+ yards as he has at 6, then yeah, he will be a great QB.  But then again if *I* was just as accurate behind the three point line as *I* am at layups *I* would be an NBA star. 

He had very good accuracy on deep balls last year, but of course that was a very limited sample.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray