Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:44:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Just tested positive
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Just tested positive  (Read 5678 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 18, 2022, 03:30:24 pm »

After 8 months on the front lines and seventeen on the back lines, I tested positive.  It sucks. My muscles ache and I have pain behind my eyes

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 04:08:15 pm »

After 8 months on the front lines and seventeen on the back lines, I tested positive.  It sucks. My muscles ache and I have pain behind my eyes

If your vaccine is current the most likely outcome is you will feel like crap for a few days.  If you are stupid enough not to be vaccinated then you could be in for a lot worse.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 04:17:52 pm »

If your vaccine is current the most likely outcome is you will feel like crap for a few days.  If you are stupid enough not to be vaccinated then you could be in for a lot worse.

My company mandated we all be boosted so I am

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 04:18:39 pm »

What really sucks is I had an obstacle course race today that I had to miss

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2022, 06:15:10 pm »

Who hasn't tested positive at this point?  If you've gotten vaxed it's just like getting the flu or a bad cold. NBD
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 06:24:29 pm »

Who hasn't tested positive at this point? 

I have never even been tested.  Although I am pretty sure I had it.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 07:52:21 pm »

Hope it’s a speedy recovery D4L. I haven’t had it yet. I’m waiting for my turn, but so far so good. Back in December 2019 I had a cough for most of the month that just wouldn’t go away. That could have been it maybe?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 08:03:28 pm »

This is worse than the cold or a flu

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 09:47:22 pm »

It would likely be even worse if you weren't vaccinated.

Conservative downplaying aside, this is the same disease that has killed over a million Americans in the last 2 years.  It's no joke.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 09:57:23 pm »

Don't believe I ever had it. Tested twice for precaution.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 10:37:06 pm »

Been drinking lots of water

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 01:59:33 pm »

If your vaccine is current the most likely outcome is you will feel like crap for a few days.  If you are stupid enough not to be vaccinated then you could be in for a lot worse.
You crack me up. My daughter finally caught it a couple of months ago and no, she is not vaccinated. She only had 3 days of feeling bad. At this point hospitalization has gone from about 2% of the people (deaths are much lower) to even lower regardless of vaccine status. Don't worry though because as the election gets closer the dire need for vaccination will rise again and your constant fear from us non-vaxers will be used against you again.

DFL ... hope you are feeling better soon!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:01:05 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 02:01:53 pm »

It would likely be even worse if you weren't vaccinated.

Conservative downplaying aside, this is the same disease that has killed over a million Americans in the last 2 years.  It's no joke.
Kind of cool how the flu and other colds quit killing people though.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2022, 03:11:43 pm »

Kind of cool how the flu and other colds quit killing people though.
Yes, the masks and social distancing guidelines that were put in place drastically reduced transmission of colds and the flu over the last two years.  Because masks and social distancing work, that was a predictable outcome, but welcome nevertheless.

However, it should be obvious that if conservatives are willing to revolt over masking and social distancing for a disease that's killing a 9/11 worth of Americans each day, there is absolutely zero chance they would ever be willing to regularly wear masks for something as insignificant as the flu.  So it is what it is.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2022, 05:09:05 pm »

Took a home test. I am still positive and suffering. Somebody should invent a mucus sucker you can stick down your throat

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray