Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:14:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  How do you feel about fireworks?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How do you feel about fireworks?  (Read 1192 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 07:57:22 am »

That could be a bit of an oversimplification.  As I have gotten older my knowledge about the damage fireworks causes has increased.  My knowledge of traumatic brain injury has also resulted in an shift in opinion regarding bicycle helmets.  That isn't an yelling at clouds, but new information, new opinion.

Tell me you're old without telling me you are old. hahahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 09:33:29 am »

Tell me you're old without telling me you are old. hahahaha

When I was a kid, we had to walk across the living room to change the channel on the TV.   And if we wanted to find out what was on, we had to use this little thing called the TV Guide.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2022, 10:16:36 am »

I vaguely remember using rotary phones.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2022, 10:24:21 am »

Never been a big fan of fireworks...always too loud.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2022, 11:44:05 am »

Fireworks were great when I was younger, now they suck.  They scare my dog and it's obnoxious to hear them days after fourth of July, maybe on a Wednesday night at 3am.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2022, 02:20:17 pm »

I like the occasional professional shows, and I don't mind the neighborhood shooting them off a couple times a year.  BUT... things have gotten really out of control since I was a kid.  The local AA baseball team has a fireworks show just about every weekend when they have home games.  The neighborhoods have tuned into a non-stop 8 hour barrage of mortars and M-80's on holidays.  One of my dogs goes crazy with loud noises, so she is a wreak for the several continuous days before and after the 4th.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray