Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:06:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Just tested positive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Just tested positive  (Read 5758 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2022, 05:34:35 pm »

Such a thing exists. They’ll call it suction in the hospital. Never had it used in me but I e seen it used plenty of times when I was working in a hospital. Doesn’t seem very comfortable. If you’re having that done to you you’re in bad shape.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2022, 09:19:05 pm »

Took a home test. I am still positive and suffering. Somebody should invent a mucus sucker you can stick down your throat

Don't take a test every day, that's pointless.

Make sure you get fresh air and eat clean. Lots of water.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2022, 04:50:23 am »

Don't take a test every day, that's pointless.

Make sure you get fresh air and eat clean. Lots of water.

Vitamin C every day, and paracetamol (ie. Tylenol) can help with the fever and body aches.

If it's significantly effecting breathing then medical attention should be sought immediately regardless of how bad you may think it is or not.

Not sure about what happens there in the USA, but some states here in Australia still prefer you have a government PCR test after testing positive to a RAT and/or having symptoms so they can assist quickly if things deteriorate.

Take care and stay safe everyone.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2022, 06:54:40 am »

Just curious, is there any chance it could not be Covid?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2022, 07:24:55 am »

My company mandated we all be boosted so I am

What your company did is illegal and you can file suit against them for that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2022, 08:31:39 am »

However, it should be obvious that if conservatives are willing to revolt over masking and social distancing for a disease that's killing a 9/11 worth of Americans each day, there is absolutely zero chance they would ever be willing to regularly wear masks for something as insignificant as the flu.  So it is what it is.
Well the good thing for you guys is we will all be dead soon by your rationale and you won't have to watch us defy your logic. It's hard to believe any conservatives remain based on your logic. Your life should be just peachy these days.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 08:47:24 am »

Just curious, is there any chance it could not be Covid?

Yeah, there were a ton of false positives with the rapid tests. I think the more thorough ones with the deep nose swab are more accurate but the drug store rapid ones can be iffy. Still, treat it as if it is Covid just to be safe.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2022, 09:35:47 am »

I should have done a flu test, too

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2022, 10:58:56 am »

What your company did is illegal

No it's not.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2022, 11:24:41 am »

I'm with Dave, it is not illegal
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 12:03:09 pm »

No it's not.

The Supreme Court ruled that it is.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2022, 12:51:27 pm »

I think it depends on the company and the state. Here in NYC, you can't even be in an office building without being vaccinated.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2022, 02:14:59 pm »

Not even close.  The S.Ct. ruled that OSHA can not mandate employers to require the vax, with the exception that OSHA can mandate healthcare facilities.  Private employees are still permitted to have the vaccine as a condition of employment, if the employer chooses.  And healthcare facilities are required to mandate it.  You really need to get a better source for news.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2022, 06:51:03 pm »

I took one five hour test at work that came back positive.

I have taken two rapid at home tests

All have been positive

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2022, 08:02:53 am »

Not even close.  The S.Ct. ruled that OSHA can not mandate employers to require the vax, with the exception that OSHA can mandate healthcare facilities.  Private employees are still permitted to have the vaccine as a condition of employment, if the employer chooses.  And healthcare facilities are required to mandate it.  You really need to get a better source for news.
I think he just misunderstood as that was pretty much the same story on all news channels. The good thing for me is although our company is based out of Boston they backed down on us in Florida having to get vaccinated after the SC ruling. I know that wasn't the case for everyone and some private companies in Florida still required it.

I took one five hour test at work that came back positive.

I have taken two rapid at home tests

All have been positive
Like Edge said it's kind of useless to keep taking them. You can test postive for weeks even after getting better and not being able to infect people.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray