Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:30:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Just tested positive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Just tested positive  (Read 5757 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2022, 08:20:19 am »

I think he just misunderstood as that was pretty much the same story on all news channels.

Not true.  Most news channels reported what the actual ruling was.   The RNC propaganda wings pretending to be news channels fed misinformation in an attempt to create conflict and controversy.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2022, 10:18:07 am »

You'll be fine, D4L, but you'll likely test positive as you shed the virus for a while.  No biggie.  Just take care of yourself like a normal illness and then maintain distance/mask/stay home -- whatever is appropriate so you don't infect others.  This is life now.  It will probably come and go like this for the foreseeable future, if not indefinitely.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2022, 07:41:00 pm »

You'll be fine, D4L, but you'll likely test positive as you shed the virus for a while.  No biggie.  Just take care of yourself like a normal illness and then maintain distance/mask/stay home -- whatever is appropriate so you don't infect others.  This is life now.  It will probably come and go like this for the foreseeable future, if not indefinitely.

That will damage our planet even more, if we have to keep churning masks out at this rate.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2022, 01:11:24 pm »

Only symptom left right now is a cough, which could be the result of all the mucus in my throat

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2022, 01:37:46 pm »

That will damage our planet even more, if we have to keep churning masks out at this rate.

I own about a dozen masks that are reusable.  They can be machine washed and using them has the same impact on the planet as changing my underwear daily.  Although I no longer wear them on a daily basis, I will wear them any time I suspect I have a respiratory infection. Regardless if it is Covid, the flu, the common cold, or something else I don't need to infect others.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2022, 02:20:39 pm »

I own about a dozen masks that are reusable.  They can be machine washed and using them has the same impact on the planet as changing my underwear daily.  Although I no longer wear them on a daily basis, I will wear them any time I suspect I have a respiratory infection. Regardless if it is Covid, the flu, the common cold, or something else I don't need to infect others.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2022/01/05/cloth-masks-not-effective-omicron-covid/9091574002/

Most people are still wearing cloth masks. Here's why that's a problem with omicron

Your cloth face mask isn't protecting you against the coronavirus variant omicron, health officials say.

As common as cloth face masks have become, health experts say, they do little to prevent tiny virus particles from getting into your nose or mouth and aren't effective against the new variant.

"Cloth masks are not going to cut it with omicron," says Linsey Marr, a researcher at Virginia Tech told NPR.

Health experts are urging the public to opt for three-ply surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks, which offer more protection against the highly contagious variant.

Omicron spreads more quickly and efficiently than other known coronavirus variants and is extremely transmissible – even through thick fabric face masks. Several countries, such as Germany and Austria, have surgical masks requirements in public.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2022, 02:49:30 pm »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2022/01/05/cloth-masks-not-effective-omicron-covid/9091574002/

Most people are still wearing cloth masks. Here's why that's a problem with omicron

Your cloth face mask isn't protecting you against the coronavirus variant omicron, health officials say.

As common as cloth face masks have become, health experts say, they do little to prevent tiny virus particles from getting into your nose or mouth and aren't effective against the new variant.

"Cloth masks are not going to cut it with omicron," says Linsey Marr, a researcher at Virginia Tech told NPR.

Health experts are urging the public to opt for three-ply surgical masks, KN95 masks or N95 masks, which offer more protection against the highly contagious variant.

Omicron spreads more quickly and efficiently than other known coronavirus variants and is extremely transmissible – even through thick fabric face masks. Several countries, such as Germany and Austria, have surgical masks requirements in public.

I am aware of the difference between a cloth mask protection and N95. While there is a difference.  The gap between N95 and cloth mask is tiny when compared to cloth mask and no mask. 

Most of the time I don't wear a mask. However if I suspect I *might* have something contagious I avoid others to the extent possible and wear a mask when contact is unavoidable.  I feel this is reasonable particularly when many others take zero steps to protect others.  If I needed to go into a healthcare setting I would wear N95 to protect myself and others.  Keep in mind the mask's primary role is not self protection but protecting others.  The vax is the primary tool of self protection.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2022, 03:51:47 pm »

Can someone give me a logical reason to wear a mask in an auto when you are by yourself? LOL ... we see people all the time driving with a mask on and it just baffles me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2022, 03:55:07 pm »

If you're shopping and going to several stores, it doesn't make sense to take it off only to put it right back on when you get out of the car, then take it off again just to put it back on again, touching your face every time in the process.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2022, 03:56:33 pm »

If you're shopping and going to several stores, it doesn't make sense to take it off only to put it right back on when you get out of the car, then take it off again just to put it back on again, touching your face every time in the process.

That really seems pretty minimal. I mean we take off our sunglasses to go inside. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2022, 04:20:52 pm »

I take off my mask as soon as I get outside, but sometimes will have it in the car (wear it) only so I don't forget it when I go in.  But it's for like 30 seconds in the parking lot.

I can see someone seeing that and thinking I was driving with it.

I also have an immunosuppressed friend who chooses to wear a mask in the car with other people.  I wear one when I drive with her, out of respect, even though she says I don't have to.  It's just a nice gesture.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2022, 04:23:32 pm »

That really seems pretty minimal. I mean we take off our sunglasses to go inside.  

I know people who get so use to wearing it they don't even notice it.  I can relate, when I first started needing to wear a tie the moment I left work after a few months I stopped noticing it and it might still be on a few hours after getting home.  I also know one women who said it was very difficult for her to get her glasses and mask just right to avoid fogging.  Once she got it right she didn't want to remove her mask to need to go thru the process a second time.

Also there is the issue of cleanliness. Take the mask off set it down on car seat or put in pocket it is now dirty.  Leave it on no issue.

Also do you know for a fact they are alone?  Could be their kid and a friend in backseat both too young for vax. 

Could be on the way to pick someone up and don't want to fill the very enclosed car with droplets.

Why are  you bothered by someone else wearing a mask?  How is this possibly harming you.  And unless it has an adverse effect on you why are concerned with others freedom of choice. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:46:08 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »

I see more people with sunglasses on indoors than I do sitting alone with masks in cars.

The "touching your face every time" part of it matters, too.  By keeping your mask on, you are minimizing that.

But the other factor is that for a lot of people who are not politically married to mask opposition, it's not that big of a deal to wear one so they don't feel the need to take it off for every possible second that it's not required.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 04:41:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2022, 05:11:49 pm »

I know one teenager who would rather wear a mask than have others see her braces, so she is staying masked until they're removed. She says two of her friends still wear masks in school (even though it is now optional) because it allows them to chew gum in class without getting caught.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2022, 05:45:43 pm »

My niece liked wearing the mask so much that her mom had to disallow it after everyone got vaxxed, because she was using it as a way to hide.  She's introverted to the point that it's kinda like social anxiety and the mask mandate was the best thing that ever happened to her, but in a bad way.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray