Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:08:07 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The elephant is the room (Roe)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The elephant is the room (Roe)  (Read 2710 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2022, 03:48:28 pm »

Why are you even bothering with this BS take that you don't even believe?

The next time Republicans are able to capture Congress and the White House, we'll be seeing a federal abortion ban, and you'll be cheering wildly when it happens.  So there's no need to insult our intelligence with this "each state should decide what they want" nonsense.  Just come out and say your actual position: abortion is murdering babies and it should be banned everywhere.
thank you for pretending to know what I think.  Abortion after a certain point is murdering babies. I have never believed in abortion yet I used to believe in a woman's right to choose. Even though I have met some children of rape victims I don't know thta I could ever expect a woman to have to carry that pregancy out. I certainly never expect 60% of congress to vote for a national bn on abortion. Republicans have a far ranging view of abortion limits but typically agree that women wearing pussy hats and saying they are going to get pregnant just to abort the baby are pretty bad.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2022, 03:58:51 pm »

Let's not beat around the bush here:

CF, do you oppose a federal abortion ban?  Here's your chance to get on the record.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2022, 03:59:46 pm »

I agree with you on that point.

A few things I think will happen. There will always be states allowing abortion even into the third trimester. Most people that I know who are against abortion hate it being used as birth control. As more and more people are forced to travel for abortions that percentage will decrease dramatically. The very small pecentage of rape and incest that occur will be able to travel and get them. Like I said already tons of large corporations willing to dote out $4000 for some party girl to get rid of a bad decision. Hopefully this will make her take it more seriously next time, or the time after that, or the time after that.

Women are not having abortions in the third trimester as a method of birth control.  The majority of 3rd trimester abortions are by women who very much want to be mothers, however either the pregnancy is a risk to their own life or prenatal test reveals the fetus will not survive more than a few days after birth.

As for corporation paying this will only effect a miniscule number of women.  A company like Amazon will pay for full time employees, but the drivers are not employees.

Rape and incest victims are the ones least likely to be able to travel to other states.  These women tend to be poor and young. They will be the ones have unsafe back alley abortions.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 05:03:39 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2022, 05:42:30 pm »

I hate the pro-choice counter arguments that you all are making.  Even though you're right, it doesn't even matter.  A woman should be able to be a slut, get pregnant in a dirty CVS bathroom to a hobo, and get an abortion just because fuck you -- that's why.  It's none of your god-damned business.  Of course this isn't happening where women and using abortion as birth control in late term situations, but even if they were, it's a medical decision, not a government decision.

The government shouldn't be able to make health care decisions for women.  ..or for anyone.

The only exceptions are in rare, rare cases where it affects general public health...but that's so incredibly rare....can't have Typhoid Mary refusing treatment.

People trying to compare it to recent gun regulation hypocrisy or Jews trying to say it's a religious thing that a baby isn't born until it's born in their holy texts -- all fine arguments.  But it distracts from the main point.

The government shouldn't be involved in a woman's individual medical decisions. 

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2022, 05:55:20 pm »

The only exceptions are in rare, rare cases where it affects general public health......can't have Typhoid Mary refusing treatment.

I agree with 99.9% of what you posted.  Although I wouldn't limit to just Typhoid Mary but also small pox vaccine and Covid vaccine and wearing masks if no vaccine is available.  And requiring HIV+ people to disclose prior to sexual encounter. And any other situation were ones actions have a significant adverse effect on others.  Abortion is not one of those cases.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2022, 07:53:35 pm »

Lincoln and his group were Republicans.

Lincoln got fan mail from Karl Marx.  The republican party of today doesn't resemble the party of Lincoln or even Eisenhower even lost what few scruples the Bush administration had.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 07:56:28 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2022, 08:21:00 pm »

GOP Mission accomplished:

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2022/07/01/ohio-girl-10-among-patients-going-indiana-abortion/7788415001/

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2022, 09:26:57 pm »

The idea that my daughter gets raped in middle school and I have to be a grandpa by decree of the state is an idea that's so fucking absurd.  I can't anymore with these fools.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2022, 04:58:47 pm »

The idea that my daughter gets raped in middle school and I have to be a grandpa by decree of the state is an idea that's so fucking absurd.  I can't anymore with these fools.

Quite a change of attitude from your I got mines quote when you were saying outlawing abortion would not affect your family.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2022, 05:13:18 pm »

Quite a change of attitude from your I got mines quote when you were saying outlawing abortion would not affect your family.

When did Dave ever take that approch?  IIRC He has always been adamantly pro-choice.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2022, 06:03:29 pm »

The bigger issue here is that a 10 year girl has been raped. I’d like to meet the guy that did this. I also didn’t think that  it was possible for a 10 year old to get pregnant. And yeah, case in point that there is a gray area with abortion and should be an alternative in situations such as this. Who raped this little girl? I read the piece a couple of times to see if I missed something but I swear I didn’t see anything about the guy responsible.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2022, 06:16:24 pm »

The bigger issue here is that a 10 year girl has been raped. I’d like to meet the guy that did this. I also didn’t think that  it was possible for a 10 year old to get pregnant. And yeah, case in point that there is a gray area with abortion and should be an alternative in situations such as this. Who raped this little girl? I read the piece a couple of times to see if I missed something but I swear I didn’t see anything about the guy responsible.

Raping a ten year old is illegal. The rapist is a criminal. That isn't the bigger issue and it is hardly something knew.  The bigger issue is can a doctor assist her without being a criminal.  It should be noted that two of the S.Ct justices that voted to deny this rape victim assistance have credible accusations of being rapist themselves.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2022, 06:33:22 pm »

I don’t think that you can call any of the judges rapists, unless they actually did the raping. I know what you’re trying to say, and do, by making the claim, but it’s not very effective, or well thought out. Just inflammatory and instigating. And a touch dramatic. If  someone isn’t pro choice then they’re rapists too.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2022, 06:43:39 pm »

I don’t think that you can call any of the judges rapists, unless they actually did the raping. I know what you’re trying to say, and do, by making the claim, but it’s not very effective, or well thought out. Just inflammatory and instigating. And a touch dramatic. If  someone isn’t pro choice then they’re rapists too.

I believe Hill and Ford.  And I don't believe their rapists should be deciding the limits of a woman's bodily autonomy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 06:45:57 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2022, 09:07:52 pm »

When did Dave ever take that approch?  IIRC He has always been adamantly pro-choice.

He is. You must misunderstand me. In the good old days thread Dave as much said his children would not be affected by the outlawing of abortion. He now has a complete turnaround on that position. Nothing about pro choice or pro life. He basically said his family is of means and they could get around the law. Now he has concerns about the law possibly forcing his family in to an unwanted pregnancy.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 09:10:52 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray