Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:43:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Gator QB no longer wants to be associated psychopaths that kill children!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gator QB no longer wants to be associated psychopaths that kill children!  (Read 1673 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: July 17, 2022, 05:21:40 pm »

Good move Mr. Richardson

Damm autocorrect.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 06:04:37 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 05:28:32 pm »

Richardson

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 09:24:41 am »

This does really meet post guidelines.  It isn't a story.  It isn't commentary.  Please explain or expand on what you're saying.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 12:33:21 pm »

Anthony Richardson the QB of Florida who wears the number 15 had marketed himself and brand with the nickname AR-15 and a gun scope logo.  He has recently came to realize that is insensitive.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »

I never knew he called himself that but he didn't really do much last year to introduce himself. The fact he admittedly is doing it for branding puposes and not because he feels it is the right thing to do doesn't really support your theory he doesn't want to be associated with psychopaths but you see what you want to see. I'm sure they will appreciate you buying a Gators jersey.

"Branding is a driving force behind Richardson's decision as his agent Deiric Jackson told the Orlando Sentinel last week that he was considering the shift." - yahoo sports
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 05:30:17 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 07:42:15 pm »

More cancel culture bullshit
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 10:03:58 pm »

More cancel culture bullshit

The man made the decision himself.  You really don't understand what cancel culture is.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 08:52:18 am »

The man made the decision himself.  You really don't understand what cancel culture is.
I agree that's not cancel culture although I'm guessing the the fear of being cancelled may have played a role in his descision. I don't fault the guy doing what he feels is best for him and his brand but in reality I care much more about his play on the field. Seems kind of odd to me that a guy who hasn't done anything has a "brand" but I get it that I'm old. I'm still trying to figure out how we are paying people for making short video clips on social media. Hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 09:52:20 am »

he wasn't gonna get cancelled for that stupid nickname .. he was just gonna get ignored and be irrelevant.. you have to be someone to be cancelled first
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 01:39:30 pm »

Seeing the guy in a few interviews he does seem like a decent guy. Hope he plays well for Florida as it's his to lose.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2022, 03:00:09 pm »

The original AK-47 is one of the greatest nicknames in all of sports.  Of course, it was a different time, the gun didn't have such a negative connotation, and the dude was Russian, so that was pretty cool, too.

This is a smart move for this guy, though.  He's creating the branding himself, but it's just gonna be bad press he doesn't need and that's especially difficult when you haven't done anything yet -- if you're getting press and you're not a great player yet, it's a bad look regardless.  So, probably for the best for him.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 09:42:46 am »

The original AK-47 is one of the greatest nicknames in all of sports.  Of course, it was a different time, the gun didn't have such a negative connotation, and the dude was Russian, so that was pretty cool, too.

This is a smart move for this guy, though.  He's creating the branding himself, but it's just gonna be bad press he doesn't need and that's especially difficult when you haven't done anything yet -- if you're getting press and you're not a great player yet, it's a bad look regardless.  So, probably for the best for him.
I think it actually helps him. For instance ... how many of you guys knew about him prior to this? They say that no press is bad press and it doesn't matter what they say about you as long as they spell your name right. hahaha

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2022, 05:06:31 pm »

Well, CF, I’m a UF fan, and his name only slightly rings a bell.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray