Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 07:48:20 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Padres Getting Juan Soto
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Padres Getting Juan Soto  (Read 139 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: August 02, 2022, 11:56:55 am »

I know one of you guys is a Padres fan. So far being reported, it's:

Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports that the Padres are acquiring Juan Soto and Josh Bell from the Nationals for C.J. Abrams, Robert Hassell III, James Wood and Jarlin Susana.

I know nothing about those prospects but they have to be the Top 4 in the Padres system and some of the best in MLB, a guy like Juan Soto doesn't go for spare parts. I respect the Padres a lot for this move, like with Machado they have shown that they put winning above all else and that's the way it should be.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 01:51:02 pm »

Stroke is the resident Padres fan here.   I'll bet he's as happy as a fly in a sugar pile right now.   The Padres chances of taking the NL pennant just got a whole lot better.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 04:10:15 pm »

I've spent the last 24 hours doing the happy dance over the Juan Soto and Josh Bell deal. I've actually been doing that dance for a couple of days now, since we traded for Milwaukee closer Josh Hader.  Padres are loading up for the playoffs.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray