Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:09:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Camp Notes so far
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Camp Notes so far  (Read 1588 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2022, 01:37:12 pm »

Today was a mediocre day. Tua had thrown 6 TDs the last time I saw anything, Waddle and Hill are pretty much always open, and our defense controlled them in the passing game.  Unfortunately they won on both sides of the ball in the running game so obviously work to do. 2 - 350lb studs in the middle can sure shut down an inside running game.  We had our monets but aren't there yet in running offense. Last year we had issues at times in defending the run game but worked that out. Hopefullly as we settle in that will help this year's defense too.

-It doesn't sound like Tua and maybe Hill will play in the preseason game.

-Keion Crossen continues to impress at DB

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe
·
1m
Discussing Chef Tua Tagovailoa cooking Bucs defense with Tyreek Hill & Jaylen Waddle slicing and dicing DBs as
@MiamiDolphins pass attack has their best practice I’ve seen all camp.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 01:58:33 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2022, 09:01:50 am »

Many reports out of camp that third string QB Skylar Thompson is doing well but Boston reporter Ben Volin brought him up unsolicited yesterday on the Hoch and Crowder show after seeing him compete against Tampa for two days. He was impressed too which is kind of cool. Volin was in town doing a story on Tom Brady.  Again ... I'm sure we will see a lot of Thompson on Saturday night.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 10:26:39 am »

Many reports out of camp that third string QB Skylar Thompson is doing well but Boston reporter Ben Volin brought him up unsolicited yesterday on the Hoch and Crowder show after seeing him compete against Tampa for two days. He was impressed too which is kind of cool. Volin was in town doing a story on Tom Brady.  Again ... I'm sure we will see a lot of Thompson on Saturday night.

A sleeper for me when announced at the draft, but reading about his College career, his progress in camp and pre-season game against the Bucs, it has me rooting for the guy.

I like that he has a winning edge in close games... that sort of leadership, the ability to rally guys around him, it's worth investing in.

If we go into the season hanging on to him as the primary backup and releasing Bridgewater, I would not be surprised... and I'd be kind of pleased. It's a huge vote of confidence in both him and Tua, and the direction the team is headed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 10:28:46 am »

Like I said ... Thompson will QB the whole game ... hahaha. Not a bad start for a legit rookie at his first NFL game ever.

News of note from the game ... Dolphins cornerback Trill Williams tore the ACL in his left knee while making a tackle for a 5 yrd loss. He's been pretty good in camp and it was almsot certain he was going to make the 53 man roster. Sucks to lose him for the year.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 10:29:40 am »

A sleeper for me when announced at the draft, but reading about his College career, his progress in camp and pre-season game against the Bucs, it has me rooting for the guy.

I like that he has a winning edge in close games... that sort of leadership, the ability to rally guys around him, it's worth investing in.

If we go into the season hanging on to him as the primary backup and releasing Bridgewater, I would not be surprised... and I'd be kind of pleased. It's a huge vote of confidence in both him and Tua, and the direction the team is headed.
Bridgewater could be trade worthy is somoen goes down early in the season.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 10:43:19 am »

Bridgewater could be trade worthy is somoen goes down early in the season.

And if that's the case, he'll make his millions.   Because we were talking about a clause in his contract that pays him millions if he starts a certain number of games.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 12:29:36 pm »

And if that's the case, he'll make his millions.   Because we were talking about a clause in his contract that pays him millions if he starts a certain number of games.

Bridgewater's contract with the Dolphin's is fully guaranteed with no incentives.  He gets the same amount if he plays 17 games, wins the league MVP and takes the team to the SB while breaking the all time passing record as he does if he spends the season holding a clip board -- $6.5 million. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2022, 10:05:26 am »

Bridgewater's contract with the Dolphin's is fully guaranteed with no incentives.  He gets the same amount if he plays 17 games, wins the league MVP and takes the team to the SB while breaking the all time passing record as he does if he spends the season holding a clip board -- $6.5 million. 

He has $3.5M in incentives, at least according to the usual sources:

https://overthecap.com/player/teddy-bridgewater/2971

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/teddy-bridgewater-14441/

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/19/dolphins-teddy-bridgewater-contract/
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 02:04:01 pm »

Dolphins vs Eagles today in practice. Philly has one of the best offensive line and one of the top defensive lines per stats. They ran for almost 5 yards a carry last year. Overall we looked pretty good but are still having trouble running the ball.

- Tua and Hill looked really good today

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe
·
2h
Tyreek Hill has been showing why he’s different all day today. Running wide open thru Philly secondary. Been a v strong day for Hill and Tua Tagovailoa so far. At least 4-5 connections of 10+ yards in team drills today. Tua has been precise with anticipation & timing.

Travis Wingfield
@WingfieldNFL
·
2h
Tua, man. Eagles send a blitz, Ahmed gets out without a chip and Tua locates him for the quick check and he’s off to the races… pushed out of bounds after 25-30 yards

Mike Gesicki had a really nice one handed grap as he can do

The defense mostly defended against short passes but Jalean Phillips harrassed Hurts several times today including what woud have been two sacks. As ususal Ogbah and Wilkins showed out

Travis Wingfield
@WingfieldNFL
·
2h
Remember last year when Jaelan Phillips stretched that Lamar Jackson run out for a loss? Just did the same thing to Hurts – then Brandon Jones cleaned it up for a loss

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe
·
2h
Jaelan Phillips rocking orange jersey today having another strong practice. Looked like he got in for what has been at least 2 sacks today on Jalen Hurts.

Travis Wingfield
@WingfieldNFL
·
2h
Tua is absolutely slinging it today – he drops it in right over the top of the curl/flat defender to Cedrick Wilson for a 20 yard gain

Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2022, 11:33:32 am »

Along the lines of what I said here about Gesicki in the offseason:

https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1562425505399201794?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1562425505399201794%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 02:52:07 pm »

The Dolphins canceled the joint practices today as some players came up sick and they didn't want it to spread. I'm told it's either food poisoning or a stomach bug. The Eagles held practice on their own including time in the indoor facility.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 05:03:01 pm »

As mentioned the Dolphins didn't practice today but I saw this from an Eagle's reporter about yesterday's joint practice.

• Pretty hot and humid day in Florida. I was sweating through my clothes (apologies for the visual) just watching from the end zone view. I can only imagine what it was like to be the players practicing in this weather.

• Big picture takeaway: The Dolphins were the better team on Wednesday. Their offense moved the ball with relative ease while their defense prevented the Eagles’ offense from getting much cooking. First time in the Nick Sirianni era that the Birds weren’t the better team in a joint training camp practice. The undefeated streak is over.

• In fairness to the Eagles, home field advantage may have been in play with the Dolphins players more used to the weather. The Dolphins also had a rest advantage from having last played on Saturday while the Eagles played on Sunday. And the Fish were at home while the Birds were on the road in Cleveland. Of course, the Dolphins actually played their starters in their second preseason game while the Eagles completely rested theirs.

• JALEN HURTS STOCK REPORT: While he didn’t make an obviously terrible throws, he also didn’t flash much. The offense as a whole failed to get much going against the Dolphins’ defense and the quarterback didn’t help them get going.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray