Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:10:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Brittney Griner
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Brittney Griner  (Read 1775 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2022, 12:33:06 pm »

I also think it's weird that many are so quick to dismiss the possibility of these drugs being planted on her, coming from a regime who is known to have poisoned their enemies' perfume, tea, and even underwear.  (Obviously any "confession" from her while in their custody tells us nothing.)

I'm not saying it's impossible the stuff was hers, but maybe we should pump the brakes on "the moron deserves what she gets" takes.  She is very obviously a political prisoner.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2022, 12:56:23 pm »

I also think it's weird that many are so quick to dismiss the possibility of these drugs being planted on her, coming from a regime who is known to have poisoned their enemies' perfume, tea, and even underwear.  (Obviously any "confession" from her while in their custody tells us nothing.)

I'm not saying it's impossible the stuff was hers, but maybe we should pump the brakes on "the moron deserves what she gets" takes.  She is very obviously a political prisoner.

I think she confessed to the stuff being her's, but as you say, this is Russia. Confessions don't have to be factual. No one should be saying "Haha, suck it" to someone doing 9 years in a Russian prison for one vape pen, even if you don't like the person. That is life destroying and we would be doing everything we can to release the person if it was a friend or family member.

As far as her being an American Hero goes, I don't see what she did to warrant that distinction, but she was arrested for beating her wife so she is a piece of shit for that. I don't tolerate or forgive violence against women, even if it is from other women.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 01:06:48 pm »

I believe its hers.

This is really an issue where I understand both sides.

I don't subscribe to any of that "get what you deserve, bitch" rhetoric and I do think that she's being 1000% held for Russia's illegal interests in Ukraine, but I totally get not wanting to reward their bad behavior for trading for war criminals. 

When I called her an American Hero, I was referring literally that she's a gold medalist for our country multiple times over.   I'm not talking about her quality as a person.  I have never heard her speak, I don't know (or care) what her position is on anything, as its not informing my decision.  She is being held because of those medals.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2022, 07:18:03 am »

I believe its hers.

This is really an issue where I understand both sides.

I don't subscribe to any of that "get what you deserve, bitch" rhetoric and I do think that she's being 1000% held for Russia's illegal interests in Ukraine, but I totally get not wanting to reward their bad behavior for trading for war criminals.  

When I called her an American Hero, I was referring literally that she's a gold medalist for our country multiple times over.   I'm not talking about her quality as a person.  I have never heard her speak, I don't know (or care) what her position is on anything, as its not informing my decision.  She is being held because of those medals.

Let's get something straight here.   She is not an American hero nor is she a political prisoner. She is someone who committed a crime in a country that is not her own and is now facing the consequences of said crime according to the framework of that country's laws.  The situation she put herself in speaks to the issue of celebrities abusing VIP status on so many levels.

So many celebrities feel they are above rules and consequences because of who they think they are. In Griner’s case, she takes her only value as being a professional athlete and inflates it into being an influencer of change for her own beliefs. After her arrest, she has shown how these outspoken, self ordained privileged ones become hypocrites to their causes when the shit hits the fan for them. This race baiting bitch has the nerve to denounce, insult and disgrace our country publicly for what she feels are its weaknesses only to call on its greatness to come save her ass after being detained in Russia.  Detained LEGALLY I might add.

I think we need to stop with the celebrity justice bullshit and hold them accountable for their actions.   If she was an average person, this wouldn't even be news.  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 08:24:03 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2022, 02:18:44 am »

You sure like to call her a "race baiting bitch" a lot.  You seem to say this phrase a lot between your many personas.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2022, 07:52:22 am »

You sure like to call her a "race baiting bitch" a lot.  You seem to say this phrase a lot between your many personas.

Oh what?   Calling her what she is offends you?   Boo fucking hoo.   The first amendment was created to protect speech that hurts people's feelings.   Liberals today are trying to put a stop to that left and right, and that I have a major problem with.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 07:55:58 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 08:51:34 am »

I am confused by what she did that could be even considered race baiting.

Opposing the murders of George Floyd and Britney Taylor is not race baiting.

If you need an example of something that is race baiting, an example would be saying an African-American coach should be lynched because you disagree with something he did.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2022, 09:35:47 am »

Oh what?   Calling her what she is offends you?   Boo fucking hoo.   The first amendment was created to protect speech that hurts people's feelings.   Liberals today are trying to put a stop to that left and right, and that I have a major problem with.

The first amendment was first created to make sure the government had no attachment to any religion, it was also made so that government could not reasonably restrict speech. TDMMC (or any private group or venue) has nothing to do with the first amendment.  Free speech doesn't exist on private property.  Dave likes to foster conversation and interaction. That's the whole point of a message board. But don't bring up the first amendment as some sort of shield that allows you to say whatever you want, that offers you as much protection here or in any private location as a bag of turds.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2022, 11:40:28 am »

If you need an example of something that is race baiting, an example would be saying an African-American coach should be lynched because you disagree with something he did.

Accuse the other side of which you are guilty.

Also, the first amendment protects you from the government.  It doesn't protect you from the terms and conditions of the TDMMC message board.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2022, 11:55:12 am »

Dave- did you intend to quote me for that?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:04 pm »

For the first part, yes.  In reference to your example about lynching coaches.

The 2nd part was just a general statement.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2022, 01:28:38 pm »

Dave- did you intend to quote me for that?
He's talking about a person accusing others of "race baiting" after doing it themselves.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray