Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:43:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I hate to do this
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: I hate to do this  (Read 1705 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2022, 10:06:24 am »

Not getting the vax is one thing, but spreading misinformation is another.

i am all for freedom of speech and exchange of different opinions, but the spreading of blatantly false information that causes direct harm is evil.

But what he's spreading isn't blatantly false
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2022, 04:07:11 pm »

But what he's spreading isn't blatantly false

Yes, it is.  It is misinformation.  Made up bullshit that contradicts the scientific research. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 04:16:48 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-surging-again-health-officials-090450424.html

Great article here.

This is the key point:

Shockney also said the vaccination status of people who are in the hospital with COVID-19 has flipped. For much of the time that vaccines have been available, the vast majority of people who were hospitalized with and died from the disease were unvaccinated. However, on Friday, IU Health presented a graphic showing 20 of the 31 patients in the hospital were vaccinated. In addition, half of the six people in the ICU were vaccinated, as were both of the patients on ventilators.

This seems to confirm my theory that the vaccines are no longer effective.  Against the Delta Variant, they did seem to be effective, but not against these variants.

Therefore, why are officials urging people to get vaccines and boosters?

Every comment on this article is negative.

This is from almost exactly one year ago

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/news/local/2021/08/21/indiana-covid-delta-variant-monroe-county-hospitalizations/8203417002/

Almost all the patients were unvaccinated.

And Hoodie, it is NOT misinformation what I am posting

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 05:25:52 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2022, 04:39:55 pm »

I'm done getting shots and boosters for COVID.  The most alarming thing is how they've treated the J&J shot imo.  Something like 5 people out of the millions who got the shot had blood clotting issues and they shut down the J&J shot for a couple of weeks.  Now I think they don't even recommend it, but to me it seems like side effects are the same if not worse with the MRNA vaccines.  Also, anecdotally, my wife and I both got the J&J and the booster and haven't gotten COVID yet in any form (knock on wood), my nephew and his girlfriend are the same and she works at a hospital.  We've all been exposed multiple times to people who had COVID at one time or another too.

It helped in the early stages, but it doesn't seem to do shit now. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2022, 05:17:36 pm »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-surging-again-health-officials-090450424.html

Great article here.

This is the key point:

Shockney also said the vaccination status of people who are in the hospital with COVID-19 has flipped. For much of the time that vaccines have been available, the vast majority of people who were hospitalized with and died from the disease were unvaccinated. However, on Friday, IU Health presented a graphic showing 20 of the 31 patients in the hospital were vaccinated. In addition, half of the six people in the ICU were vaccinated, as were both of the patients on ventilators.

This seems to confirm my theory that the vaccines are no longer effective.  Against the Delta Variant, they did seem to be effective, but not against these variants.

Therefore, why are officials urging people to get vaccines and boosters?

Every comment on this article is negative.

This is from almost exactly one year ago

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/news/local/2021/08/21/indiana-covid-delta-variant-monroe-county-hospitalizations/8203417002/

Almost all the patients were unvaccinated.

And Hoodie, it is NOT misinformation what I am posting

Yes, you are posting misinformation.  

First reason:  Around 80% the population has had at least one dose.  If the vaccine was useless you would expect ~80% of the people in the ICU to be vaccine yet only half are. So the idea they no longer do anything is a complete LIE about how statistic works.

Second reason:  Your contradiction of medical advice to get vaccinated/boosted is HARMFUL.  Most of the "vaccinated" people who are in hospital are people who got vaccinated but not boosted.  The vaccine wears off.  You need to get boosted.  That is the point of the article.

Posting that that article supports a position that one should not get vaccinated/boosted.  Either means you lack even basic reading comprehension.  Or you are purposefully engaging in FRAUD to harm people.  Because that article states the exact opposite!

Quit trying to turn this board into infowars.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2022, 07:08:10 pm »

Also, anecdotally, my wife and I both got the J&J and the booster and haven't gotten COVID yet in any form (knock on wood), my nephew and his girlfriend are the same and she works at a hospital.  We've all been exposed multiple times to people who had COVID at one time or another too.

It helped in the early stages, but it doesn't seem to do shit now.
So you, your wife, your nephew, and his girlfriend have all got the vaccine + a booster, and none of you have caught COVID.  And your takeaway from this is that vaccine+booster... DOESN'T work?

So what would it prove if you all caught it and had mild symptoms?
How about if you all caught it and were hospitalized?
Caught it and died?

The goalposts on this are absolutely insane.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2022, 07:31:52 pm »

So you, your wife, your nephew, and his girlfriend have all got the vaccine + a booster, and none of you have caught COVID.  And your takeaway from this is that vaccine+booster... DOESN'T work?

So what would it prove if you all caught it and had mild symptoms?
How about if you all caught it and were hospitalized?
Caught it and died?

The goalposts on this are absolutely insane.
I feel like you're grouping me with the others.  I'm saying people shit on the J&J shot and it seems to work the best in my circle.  I am also saying after a shot and a booster I'm done, these latest strains are weak and I won't fear death if I refrain from getting more boosters. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2022, 10:00:33 pm »

To be perfectly clear on what we are now categorizing as "weak":

At current US death rates, COVID will level off at ~125,000 deaths per year.
Three years ago, a disease that caused 125,000 deaths per year would have been considered a national catastrophe; one that requires drastic federal action in response
Now, 125,000 deaths per year is so "insignificant" that the prospect of an annual booster shot (which might give you a slight headache, or maybe make you a bit tired for a day) is considered too much effort.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray