Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Did Tua start?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did Tua start?  (Read 607 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: August 20, 2022, 08:17:39 pm »

I was a dummy and thought the game started at 8.  I missed the whole 1st quarter.  Did Tua/Hill play?

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:04:52 am »

6/8 58 yrds 0 TD 0 int

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 02:53:13 pm »

No Hill or Waddle and he played the first two series although I'm not sure why. His two misses were a throw away and one that Gesicki never turned around for. Overall Tua looked solid (although he didn't take risks down field) and so did our pass blocking.

Run blocking and the run game are a different story. Hopefully the addition of Hill, Waddle, and Terron Armstead will help to solidify our run game. As it is we couldn't get 1 yard in two attempts and finished with about a 2 yard average. Gesicki continued to struggle in blocking and even helped to give up the safety.

Rookie QB Skyler Thompson continued to impress but you probably saw that. In the Dolphins’ second preseason game, Thompson went 9-for-10 for 129 yards, with one touchdown, no interceptions and no sacks. That followed an impressive preseason debut in which Thompson completed 20 of 28 passes for 218 yards, with one touchdown, no interceptions and three sacks. Kind of a funny thought but Big O brought up something. With his much stronger arm Thompson could be brought in for Hail Mary passes.

Rookie Erik Ezukanma had 114 receiving yards in the game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:11:32 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 09:20:42 am »

Bridgewater looked meh to me. Could he be cut?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 09:50:21 am »

Bridgewater looked meh to me. Could he be cut?

Unlikely, you don't want your only backup to be a 7th rounder, even if he is vry impressive. If Tua gets hurt, Bridgewater plays and then goes back to the bench when Tua comes back. No controversy about his role. If Tua misses 5 games and Thompson steps in and does well, now you have a controversy.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 11:51:10 am »

Unlikely, you don't want your only backup to be a 7th rounder, even if he is vry impressive. If Tua gets hurt, Bridgewater plays and then goes back to the bench when Tua comes back. No controversy about his role. If Tua misses 5 games and Thompson steps in and does well, now you have a controversy.

That makes absolutely no sense.....

Late August 2001 in a Foxboro meeting room....  "Maybe we should keep Michael Bishop.  If Bledsoe gets hurt, Bishop goes in, when Bledsoe get healthy Drew goes back in.  But if that 6th rounder is impressive we could have a QB controversy"  "nah, cut him"  /sarcasm off. 

If you have serious concerns that in four games Thompson could create a QB controversy, then you don't need or want Bridgewater. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 12:26:10 pm »

That makes absolutely no sense.....

Late August 2001 in a Foxboro meeting room....  "Maybe we should keep Michael Bishop.  If Bledsoe gets hurt, Bishop goes in, when Bledsoe get healthy Drew goes back in.  But if that 6th rounder is impressive we could have a QB controversy"  "nah, cut him"  /sarcasm off. 

If you have serious concerns that in four games Thompson could create a QB controversy, then you don't need or want Bridgewater. 

I don't think they have serious concerns about Thompson becoming the next Tom Brady, it just makes more sense that if given the opportunity to start 4-6 games, Bridgewater would do better than Thompson. Yet, Thompson has done quite well so far so you make sure he stays on the roster. Maybe he is the backup next season.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 12:31:38 pm »

Teddy "two gloves" is trash and I truly believe they brought him for 2 reasons: 1. safe bet, looks like they're signing a veteran QB & no tru threat to Tue and 2. Hometown discount/fans excited cause he played HS ball in the area

Guy has lost a step since the knee injury and doesn't look as sharp as he may once did.  That's NFL business. cut him and rely on Thompson

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 01:37:44 pm »

Teddy "two gloves" is trash and I truly believe they brought him for 2 reasons: 1. safe bet, looks like they're signing a veteran QB & no tru threat to Tue and 2. Hometown discount/fans excited cause he played HS ball in the area

Guy has lost a step since the knee injury and doesn't look as sharp as he may once did.  That's NFL business. cut him and rely on Thompson

If Tua misses 3-4 games and Tristan is not who he looks to be in the preseason, then we aren going to Ray Lucas our season. Teddy is more of a sure thing to be competent.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 01:47:30 pm »

Joe Rose and Kim Bokamper were arguing about the Teddy/Skyler thing. They both agree that Skyler will be kept on the 53 man roster but Bo thinks it may be worth trading Teddy away to make Skyler the backup. Joe thinks you need experience. It was kind of funnyto hear.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 02:56:44 pm »

Joe Rose and Kim Bokamper were arguing about the Teddy/Skyler thing. They both agree that Skyler will be kept on the 53 man roster but Bo thinks it may be worth trading Teddy away to make Skyler the backup. Joe thinks you need experience. It was kind of funnyto hear.

We ate shit last year because Jacoby was a shitty backup, I really don't want to take a gamble on a 7th rounder because he flashed in preseason. Absolutely keep him but I trust Teddy to dink and dink his way to competence. He certainly won't lack weapons.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 03:05:27 pm »

We ate shit last year because Jacoby was a shitty backup, I really don't want to take a gamble on a 7th rounder because he flashed in preseason. Absolutely keep him but I trust Teddy to dink and dink his way to competence. He certainly won't lack weapons.
If Teddy was so great he wouldn't be playing for Miami as a back-up. He chose to settle because he had no other real options.  If coach wants to keep the new guy who are we to tell him he's wrong?

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 03:09:19 pm »

If Tua misses multiple games AGAIN THIS SEASON, then there should be a QB controversy!  His career with the Dolphins should be over no matter what if he misses multiple games again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray