Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:22:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Aaron Judge at 57 Homeruns
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aaron Judge at 57 Homeruns  (Read 2742 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2022, 03:16:36 pm »

I think the easy, non-asterisk solution to this is to simply refer to the AL home run record.  That way, we don't have to adjudicate who the "real" home run champ is; there's the NL/MLB record holder, and if you believe that record is tainted, there's the AL record holder.

That's what is going to happen, but the argument will only intensify if he does hit 62. It will never go away and as long as Judge doesn't pull a Chris Davis and continues his succesful career while Sosa, Bonds and McGwire are rejected from the Hall, I think most fans will side with Judge.

In the end, it doesn't really matter because it's just an opinion.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2022, 04:26:53 pm »

Wednesday was the anniversary of McGuire hitting his 70th HR. Phil Ozersky, a fan making $30K a year, caught McGwire’s 70th HR ball.

Cardinals ask for the ball and they will give him a signed bat, ball, & jersey.

Ozersky says he also wants to meet McGwire.

McGwire says no.

Ozersky backs out.

3 months later, Ozersky sells ball for $3.05M.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 04:28:25 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 05:11:17 pm »

Wednesday was the anniversary of McGuire hitting his 70th HR. Phil Ozersky, a fan making $30K a year, caught McGwire’s 70th HR ball.

Cardinals ask for the ball and they will give him a signed bat, ball, & jersey.

Ozersky says he also wants to meet McGwire.

McGwire says no.

Ozersky backs out.

3 months later, Ozersky sells ball for $3.05M.

Why on Earth would McGwire say no? Also, no sympathy for the players or teams who don't pony up for the record breaking baseballs. Stop crying welfare and cut the check.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2022, 08:38:52 am »

Why on Earth would McGwire say no?
No clue but that's what I was asking as well. I don't rememebr this when it happened but I've seen and heard it enough that it seems to be true.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2022, 09:21:30 am »

I don't think Judge is hitting 62. A combination of not getting anything to hit and nerves has kinda frozen his bat and hurt his chances at the Triple Crown. Would be a shame but I'm preparing for disappointment.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2022, 08:45:08 am »

Well, I was wrong. Judge hit 62 last night in the 1st inning. Texas crowd went wild for it because it was history and what do the Rangers have to play for?

Roger Maris Jr. declared Judge to be the real HR King, so that will continue to stir up shit but in the end the only thing that matters is Judge broke the AL Record which has stood for 61 years, oddly enough.

His contract is going to be large and regrettable within 4 years but every team who wants him has their hands tied. Someone is going to pay him. This won't be a Bryce Harper/Machado situation.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray