Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:57:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kader Kohou Numbers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kader Kohou Numbers  (Read 901 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 19, 2022, 04:26:02 pm »

In 42 snaps, he is the highest ranking CB in the NFL according to PFF.

Playing Devil's Advocate here for two things:

1) If he is still the top corner in the NFL when Byron Jones returns, do we sit him for Jones?

2) Even if we don't and he keeps performing well, do we cut Jones as a post June 1st cut in the offseason? No more guaranteed money left for Byron. This would leave $4.7 Million in Dead Money but save $14.1 Mllion against the cap. Pre-June 1st cut would be death for us.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 07:57:28 am »

^ Kohou only plays nickel, though, right? So it's a bit hard to compare him to someone like Needham who plays outside - or Jones when he returns.

It's awesome that we have a potentially great nickel corner. I wouldn't get rid of Jones, though, especially considering Needham is rated 98th of 99 cornerbacks by PFF.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 08:21:02 am »

Jones isn't going anywhere this year. Needham is better inside but does an ok job filling in for Jones. We have another DB that is playing pretty well in Keion Crossen. He's playing better than he had in previous stops like New England. The DBs are looking pretty good these days for the mosty part.

Against Baltimore the cornerback snaps opposite Xavien Howard were pretty evenly split between Nik Needham (26 snaps), Kader Kohou (25) and Keion Crossen (20).

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2022, 08:42:21 am »

Jones is currently the 10th-highest paid cornerback in the league in terms of average salary per year.  I can't imagine they'll bench him for Kohou on the basis of mere 42 snaps, or whatever number of them he'll have when Jones can return.  I could see him being a cap casualty in the offseason however as the team prepares to pay players like Tua and Waddle if they continue to play in this manner.  At some point the passing offense is going to need to get paid.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2022, 09:47:43 am »

So PFF also graded Lamar Jackson's game against us as a 66  .. which is below starter level (70) .. i don't know that i would trust that crap organization with grading a spelling test, much less a player.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2022, 10:41:09 am »

So PFF also graded Lamar Jackson's game against us as a 66  .. which is below starter level (70) .. i don't know that i would trust that crap organization with grading a spelling test, much less a player.

I have to research that for myselfas he had a Madden like game. Even if you take away his rushing, he still had an excellent game.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 01:06:40 pm »

Seems like a silly question to ask if he would start when Byron Jones returns given that he isn't starting with Jones out. 

Howard 88% of snaps (starter)
Needham 44% (starter)
Kohou 42%
Crossen 34%

Kohou needs to beat out Needham before you start discussing if he is replacing Jones. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 12:54:40 pm »

Jones isn't even ready to start the 21 day process of getting back from IR, so it looks like at the very least he misses half the season.

How are our other corners doing? Because Jones is getting cut or severely restructured in the offseason.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 01:07:49 pm »

Absolutely not. In the current NFL there is no such thing as having too many quality cornerbacks. Period.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 01:35:46 pm »

Jones isn't even ready to start the 21 day process of getting back from IR, so it looks like at the very least he misses half the season.

That seems like a misunderstanding of how the rule works. The 21 days is simply a window during which a team must activate a player (taking up a roster spot). If they don't, the player reverts to IR for the rest of the season. The window starts once the player returns to practice and is taken off IR.

If a player isn't ready to return to practice, keeping him on IR makes perfect sense. The rule is simply there to keep teams from abusing IR.

Players on IR can use team facilities and participate in meetings, so unless a player is ready to start participating in practices, there's just no reason to take them off IR with the current rules.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 02:46:06 pm »

Absolutely not. In the current NFL there is no such thing as having too many quality cornerbacks. Period.

We will probably have a salary cap crunch soon, so if he only plays a few games and doesn't perform like a Top 10 CB, it seems likely he would be cut.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 04:25:49 pm »

We will probably have a salary cap crunch soon, so if he only plays a few games and doesn't perform like a Top 10 CB, it seems likely he would be cut.
I just don't see it. We haven't run our full defense with him out so I can't see us getting rid of him until someone else steps up to be able to handle the 1v1s. Kader is doing fine but he isn't running cover zero on most of the plays. There's a reason we aren't doing that whole dancing 7 thing we do and it begins and ends with X and Jones.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2022, 11:20:59 am »

PFF has Kader ranked as the 23rd best Corner in the NFL. He has been an amazing surprise so far and has softened the blow of Byron's retirement/mental breakdown/girliness.

Grier has definitely had his hits and misses in the draft, but his later round and undrafted signings have worked out pretty well. A dirt cheap starter is exactly what we need with the upcoming cap crunch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray