Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:27:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Miami's Next 8 Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami's Next 8 Games  (Read 1031 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 25, 2022, 07:36:54 pm »

@Bengals
@Jets
vs. Vikings
vs. Steelers
@Lions
@Chicago
vs. Browns
@Texans

The toughest one will be on Thursday because the Bengals are good and it's a short week on the road. The rest we should be favored in every single one. This is the NFL, the odds of winning every game on this stretch would be insanely rare, but it's great to start off 3-0 and then have this stretch. We can really solidify our playoff positioning in the next 8 games as long as we don't have many surprises. I know if he is healthy, Tua will want to throw for 700 yards against the Steelers.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 01:27:20 pm »

We need to win at least 6 of those. Do that and I'll be convinced.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 01:30:09 pm »

So you'll be convinced if we're sitting at 9-2 ? that's alot of convincing
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 01:35:00 pm »

Possibly go 5-3  on this 8 game stretch

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 01:44:38 pm »

If the expectation is that we're a solid playoff team and not just Wild Card fodder, then that's not an unreasonable ask.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 02:23:55 pm »

If the expectation is that we're a solid playoff team and not just Wild Card fodder, then that's not an unreasonable ask.

Yeah, 6-2 against inferior competition isn't so much to ask. I don't see any 40 point blowouts but that's a favorable schedule for us. Ending the season against the Pats and Jets and we kinda control our own destiny here.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 03:15:52 pm »

Dolphins' Super Bowl odds just changed a good bit more.  We're now between +1500 and +1800, now 7th in the league, up from 11th last week.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 03:56:04 pm »

There are several good 8-8 teams on the list of upcoming games, so Miami needs to stay healthy and just take it one game at a time.  It's easy to lose a road game that you "should" win.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 05:49:56 pm »

You want to be practically assured of a playoff spot and potentially a shot at the division title and not have to be hoping for another win against the Bills late in the season? Right around there is where you need to be. If we're say 7-4 that means they went 4-4 since the 3-0 start and it was just a mirage.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 06:14:34 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 01:59:09 pm »

You want to be practically assured of a playoff spot and potentially a shot at the division title and not have to be hoping for another win against the Bills late in the season? Right around there is where you need to be. If we're say 7-4 that means they went 4-4 since the 3-0 start and it was just a mirage.

8-3 is also good assuming we lose the Cincy game due to injuries, short rest and a Hurricane throwing off the schedule.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 07:28:04 pm »

I think almost more important is the Bills' upcoming schedule:

@Ravens
Steelers
@Chiefs
Packers

Miami has the "potential" to take a 3 or 4 game lead over the Bills in the division.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2022, 06:21:58 pm »

8-3 is also good assuming we lose the Cincy game due to injuries, short rest and a Hurricane throwing off the schedule.
I can live with 8-3, but we still need to win the next 2 games for that to happen. It's certainly doable but all these close games against below .500 teams is scaring me a bit. What happens when we hit tougher competition? If the defense could get right in the next 2 games, I would be convinced being 8-3 with 6 games to go that we are playoff caliber team. The last 6 games is looking a lot easier than it was earlier in the year. 49'ers, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Patriots, Jets. I can easily see us winning 3 of those games if the defense is playing better and finishing 11-6 which would be a really good year for the Dolphins.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 04:41:57 pm »

I can live with 8-3, but we still need to win the next 2 games for that to happen. It's certainly doable but all these close games against below .500 teams is scaring me a bit. What happens when we hit tougher competition? If the defense could get right in the next 2 games, I would be convinced being 8-3 with 6 games to go that we are playoff caliber team. The last 6 games is looking a lot easier than it was earlier in the year. 49'ers, Chargers, Bills, Packers, Patriots, Jets. I can easily see us winning 3 of those games if the defense is playing better and finishing 11-6 which would be a really good year for the Dolphins.

To analyze it a bit, our defense did great in the 2nd half against Detroit and their offense is pretty solid. For the Bears, we had no answer for Justin Fields who appears to be a star in the making.

Injuries in the secondary are absolutely taking their toll, but our defense and Boyer need to step up too. Secondary injuries aren't why we aren't getting to the QB.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2022, 12:18:44 pm »

We need to win at least 6 of those. Do that and I'll be convinced.
Ok, I'm convinced. We didn't win 6 of 8, but we won 5 in a row with our starting QB and that's pretty impressive. Now if we can just keep everyone healthy and go 3-3 the rest of the way I don't think there's any way we miss the playoffs and unless we win the division I don't really think it matters much whether we are the 5th through the 7th seed.

I'm very encouraged that the defense is starting to come around and help us win these games. I think that's going to be key the final 6 games as we play better teams. If they start to look like they did the end of last year, I can certainly see us winning the East and that would be huge.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2022, 12:33:29 pm »

Ok, I'm convinced. We didn't win 6 of 8, but we won 5 in a row with our starting QB and that's pretty impressive. Now if we can just keep everyone healthy and go 3-3 the rest of the way I don't think there's any way we miss the playoffs and unless we win the division I don't really think it matters much whether we are the 5th through the 7th seed.

I'm very encouraged that the defense is starting to come around and help us win these games. I think that's going to be key the final 6 games as we play better teams. If they start to look like they did the end of last year, I can certainly see us winning the East and that would be huge.

8-0 with Tua, that's the key stat. Take nothing for granted but we have a chance in every game if he is our QB.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray