Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:09:13 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  I am smarter than Bill Belichick.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I am smarter than Bill Belichick.  (Read 1123 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 04, 2022, 12:01:28 am »

Exhibit 1:  Week 2 vs SEA 2020.

I was watching the game against Seattle, and I noticed he failed to call a timeout in time, costing his team at least one more shot at touchdown in a goal to goal situation. 

Result:  Newton gets stuffed at the goal line, the Patriots lose

Exhibit 2: Week 4 vs TB 2021

It's fourth down at the TB 39.  The Patriots are down by 1 point with about 50+ seconds left.  TB has two timeouts.  BB decides to kick a 56 yard field goal in poor weather.  This is a bad decision.  Even if you make the kick, you leave Brady and the Bucs two timeouts and fifty seconds to get into field goal range.  So, you are betting on two very unlikely outcomes to happen back to back.  1) Making a 56 yard field goal in poor weather  2) Stopping Tom Brady and the Buccaneers from answering with two timeouts left and over fifty seconds on the clock. 

Result:  DOIIIIIINNNNNNNNKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!  Tampa Bay wins (puke)

Exhibit 3:  Week 6 vs Dal 2021

Patriots have fourth and three at their own 46 in overtime.  I say, "Don't punt.  If you do, Dallas win score"

Result:  They punt, and Dallas scores

Exhibit 4:  Week 4 vs GB 2022

Patriots have fourth and five at the GB 46 in overtime.  I say, "Don't punt.  If you do, Green Bay will score.

Result:  They punt, and Green Bay scores.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 07:00:41 pm »

That's nothing.  I am actually smarter than every coach in every sport, ever.

My secret is this: I wait until the game is over, and then if they lost, I say they should have done something different.
My record is flawless in this regard.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:32:11 pm »

Not to mention that you've carefully evaluating factors years after the fact.  NFL head coaches have to make these complicated choices in about 10 seconds. 

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:41:12 pm »

That's nothing.  I am actually smarter than every coach in every sport, ever.

My secret is this: I wait until the game is over, and then if they lost, I say they should have done something different.
My record is flawless in this regard.

Read my post.  I said they should have done something different BEFORE the fact.  

I was following the Packers game at work on my phone.  I thought to myself, "They should not punt.  If they do, Aaron Rodgers will lead them to victory.  They need to go for the win now"

Same with you, Dave.  
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 07:44:36 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 08:15:00 pm »

Read my post.  I said they should have done something different BEFORE the fact.  

I was following the Packers game at work on my phone.  I thought to myself, "They should not punt.  If they do, Aaron Rodgers will lead them to victory.  They need to go for the win now"
Then you're not as smart as me.
I keep all thoughts in my brain until the game is over.  I specifically wait until AFTER I see the outcome to say what should have been done.
This way I ensure that I'm never wrong.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 09:07:32 am »

D4L,

You are cherry-picking a few instances years apart where coaches made arguably bad decisions in cases where they very likely lose the game under either circumstance.

If you had to make these decisions regularly, you would be flustered and unprepared and confused all the time.  When you're watching on TV, you have professionals constantly explaining you everything you need to know.  Bill might not have had that info....he's got papers in his hands, a headset in his ear, and is fully on 100% for the entire game.  You're getting snacks and getting up to pee.  He has to make critical snap-decisions over and over for 3 hours.

It's not remotely comparable.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray