Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:02:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Jets  (Read 1114 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 09, 2022, 04:43:52 pm »

The defense.

This is a disaster.  Miami will only make the playoffs if other teams self-destruct against them.

That 54 yard field goal would have given them the lead, but they would not have held it. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 05:08:47 pm »

I was struggling with this.

I think I give it to Jason Sanders, because of circumstances.

Normally, I let a guy off the hook for missing 54 yarders.  However, when you are on a 3rd string QB and are missing your star cornerback, you have to have other guys play near the upper end of their ability.  You need to get a kicker that can make 54 yard kicks do just that.  That missed kicked to take the lead was really the turning point where it all fell apart, so I look to that.

HM to Chase Edmonds.  He just seems to not be able to catch balls that hit him in the hands.  Again, normally not a huge deal, but in a game where you can't really move the ball, you can't waste downs multiple times.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 08:45:17 pm »

I was struggling with this.

I think I give it to Jason Sanders, because of circumstances.

Normally, I let a guy off the hook for missing 54 yarders.  However, when you are on a 3rd string QB and are missing your star cornerback, you have to have other guys play near the upper end of their ability.  You need to get a kicker that can make 54 yard kicks do just that.  That missed kicked to take the lead was really the turning point where it all fell apart, so I look to that.

HM to Chase Edmonds.  He just seems to not be able to catch balls that hit him in the hands.  Again, normally not a huge deal, but in a game where you can't really move the ball, you can't waste downs multiple times.

I normally would agree with you on Sanders but not in this case.  The simple fact is, the defense just sucks.  It would have made no difference.  Even if he makes that, the Jets just drive down the field and score.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 08:42:12 am »

I normally would agree with you on Sanders but not in this case.  The simple fact is, the defense just sucks.  It would have made no difference.  Even if he makes that, the Jets just drive down the field and score.

Did you watch the game? Genuinely curious.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 09:08:13 am »

Chase Edmonds has lost his starting spot but the biggest issue I have with him is the dropped or mosed passes. It has cost us several times. Honorable mention to TE Tanner Conner who let a 1st down ball go through his hands and we ended up punting.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 09:31:22 am »

The Jets couldn't move the ball all game.  They only scored on us through our own safeties and penalties.  We had them locked down until the end when we were trying strip sacks and stuff.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 02:43:45 pm »

I don't like not picking a Miami Player or Coach; but I'm going with Roger Goodell and the NFL.  Putting Bridgewater in concussion protocol was BS payback for letting Tua back in the game against Buffalo.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 04:50:55 pm »

I don't like not picking a Miami Player or Coach; but I'm going with Roger Goodell and the NFL.  Putting Bridgewater in concussion protocol was BS payback for letting Tua back in the game against Buffalo.

Spotter is not required to show video proof of a player stumbling to the team. What a disastrous policy that already cost an NFL team a game.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2022, 10:40:58 am »

Spotter is not required to show video proof of a player stumbling to the team. What a disastrous policy that already cost an NFL team a game.
Shame of the game goes to the NFL and players union. Taking Bridgewater out was retarded. The union and NFL aren't seeking a better protocol, but rather to create a completely subjective TKO rule. Which in turn will actually encourage more violence in an attempt to stagger players and get them removed from the game. Which in turn will affect the outcome of games.

The NFL needs to revert back to older rules. It's a contact sport where players get paid ridiculous amounts of money to play a child's game. That's the trade off, fortune and fame for the risk of injury. The player should make the decision whether to play or not and then sign ironclad waivers. The NFL is becoming unwatchable.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 10:43:26 am by pondwater » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray