Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:02:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Roughing the passer on Tom Brady
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Roughing the passer on Tom Brady  (Read 1407 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2022, 02:39:30 pm »

Tom must have been signing footballs and jerseys for the Ref-ing crew before the game.  If he had had a Miami jersey on he would have been put in the concussion protocol.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2022, 08:52:57 am »

At first, I started to go through each of those videos, but they aren't timestamped and I don't really feel like watching 30 minutes of football clips.

Then, I realized it doesn't matter anyway.  Of course Brady has been on the wrong side and the right side of bad calls and there will be video evidence of both.  He's been in the league for 23 years.

The only reason I even posted videos is because I got called out for only having 2 examples off the top of my head.

The bottom line is this:  Brady has a reputation for being on the winning side of a lot of controversy.  The Tuck rule, for example.  ...sure, you can find a reason to say that was the right call (it wasn't).  But whether it was or it wasn't, it was certainly controversial and the overwhelming majority of fans around the league thought it was bullshit.  That has been the case for most of his career.

Also, the national media has had a vested interest in Brady being a superstar.  That was the narrative -- the highlight him as a player.  And it is known, in general, that superstars get calls.  Brady lobbies for calls (as he admits), and because he's good, he gets the benefit of the doubt.  So, it's my opinion that if the exact same Bridgewater grounding call last week -- if that happens to Brady, they're going to assume he was hit and it affected his throwing motion and he's not going to get called.  ...the same for that roughing call that happened to Brady.  Bridgewater isn't getting that call.

And such has been the case for much of his career, after he cemented himself as a superstar.

Look, D4L -- you don't actually watch most of these games.  You're working and you follow along on your phone and watch highlights in a vacuum.  That's not really a way to establish an understanding of the flow of a game.  I've fully watched 2 Dolphins/Patriots games every year for 30 straight years.  Also, you live smack dab in the middle of Tom Brady's media market, so you are likely colored by it.  And maybe the opposite it true for me.

The general thought around the league is that Brady gets calls other QBs don't.  I tend to agree with that.   That's really all I have left to say on the subject.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray